The Lounge

futureblackcap

I think we need a thread where we can talk about anything going on in our real lives outside of BigCricket. Please refrain from talking about cricket. ;)

I'll start. I've been busy with finishing off uni assignments. I'm going have to work mighty hard to pass my economics paper but at least I should be getting good grades in my other two papers.

Exams start in just over three weeks. :eek:

Got about 20 young chooks atm that a mother kept escaping under the house last year and breeding. Getting about 10 eggs a day in spring which is funny because I don't eat many and have to give them away to family/friends.

Will end up selling most of them should get about 15-20 bucks each hopefully, gave all the roosters away to a lady that has a couple of farms.

Stomach pumping required? :p
Nah, it was serious though, on a drip for a couple of days and a heap of valium. Wont be drinking again for a looong time and then only beer... Thankfully footy season is over to avoid temptation.

Waiting for a big storm to hit the UK at the moment and there's talk of the worst winter in over 100 years to follow. If that's the case, Jesus it's gonna be bad, the last 2 were in 1961 and 1949 and that was in the days when people had hard lives and they got on with stuff. 6" of snow here these days throws the country into chaos, so snow for 3 or 4 months several feet deep will be carnage what with 95% of our food and good moving around by road!

I've never even seen snow..​

39 degrees out here on Wednesday :eek: Although that's a bit of an oddity at this time of year. Perfect cricket weather in Perth for the Poms tour match at the WACA at around 30 degrees all this week.

Snow? It's been very temperate here the last few weeks. Around 27 degrees consistently. It was perfect weather yesterday for the first club game of the season. Oops, I broke my own rule haha.

39 degrees out here on Wednesday :eek: Although that's a bit of an oddity at this time of year. Perfect cricket weather in Perth for the Poms tour match at the WACA at around 30 degrees all this week.
Sounds nice, maybe a little hot for us Poms, NZ sounds better at 27 degrees.

Dec-Feb with the heat can suck a bit out in the country where you don't get the afternoon sea breeze like Perth but at least the pool is open and I can pump out a few km's.

Although lean I'm spectacularly unfit atm, but can't do stuff like road run because it just makes us too sore. I swear there is something wrong with my muscles/flexibility, ridiculously prone to soreness and it's not just because I've gone past 30. Even as a teenager playing Aussie Rules it would take me way longer to recover than others even with the most careful warm ups. Filled in for a game of indoor cricket a few years wearing skate shoes instead of runners, just from a few runs whist batting afterwards I was sore as for a whole week!

I love swimming and was getting out about 5-10 km's per week last summer which gets you fit and is easy on the body, but there is no indoor pool out here for the offseason which leaves the exercise bike but that gets boring even in front of the TV. Could run on grass I guess but going around in laps on an oval is probably even worse.

Nah, it was serious though, on a drip for a couple of days and a heap of valium. Wont be drinking again for a looong time and then only beer... Thankfully footy season is over to avoid temptation.

Gee you must have drank some serious amounts of alcohol that night. Surprised you didn't fall asleep or pass out before it got to that stage.

Waiting for a big storm to hit the UK at the moment and there's talk of the worst winter in over 100 years to follow. If that's the case, Jesus it's gonna be bad, the last 2 were in 1961 and 1949 and that was in the days when people had hard lives and they got on with stuff. 6" of snow here these days throws the country into chaos, so snow for 3 or 4 months several feet deep will be carnage what with 95% of our food and good moving around by road!

I heard about this on the news, looks pretty bad from what they've said. Around 129 km/hr winds with potential for higher gusts. I suppose with your guys being close to the North pole you'd get a few bad storms every winter from the polar lows there.

32 here tomorrow and 35 on Wednesday. Certainly warming up here in the west.

Dec-Feb with the heat can suck a bit out in the country where you don't get the afternoon sea breeze like Perth but at least the pool is open and I can pump out a few km's.

Although lean I'm spectacularly unfit atm, but can't do stuff like road run because it just makes us too sore. I swear there is something wrong with my muscles/flexibility, ridiculously prone to soreness and it's not just because I've gone past 30. Even as a teenager playing Aussie Rules it would take me way longer to recover than others even with the most careful warm ups. Filled in for a game of indoor cricket a few years wearing skate shoes instead of runners, just from a few runs whist batting afterwards I was sore as for a whole week!

I love swimming and was getting out about 5-10 km's per week last summer which gets you fit and is easy on the body, but there is no indoor pool out here for the offseason which leaves the exercise bike but that gets boring even in front of the TV. Could run on grass I guess but going around in laps on an oval is probably even worse.
You should run this past Tony M or Liz Ward on here, they might have an explanation for you, but is it a case of just suddenly doing too much in one go rather than building up to it in smaller stages?

Gee you must have drank some serious amounts of alcohol that night. Surprised you didn't fall asleep or pass out before it got to that stage.

I heard about this on the news, looks pretty bad from what they've said. Around 129 km/hr winds with potential for higher gusts. I suppose with your guys being close to the North pole you'd get a few bad storms every winter from the polar lows there.

32 here tomorrow and 35 on Wednesday. Certainly warming up here in the west.

It wasn't that bad in the end, four people died - trees coming down on cars and the like, a lot of stuff was shut down and 100,000 people or so were without electricity for a couple of days, but wasn't total carnage like Oct 1987. Waiting for the snow now, good bit about the snow is we get to make igloos, our one this year (The MK VI) should be pretty good.

It wasn't that bad in the end, four people died - trees coming down on cars and the like, a lot of stuff was shut down and 100,000 people or so were without electricity for a couple of days, but wasn't total carnage like Oct 1987. Waiting for the snow now, good bit about the snow is we get to make igloos, our one this year (The MK VI) should be pretty good.

Four people died, trees fell over, 100K without electricity and it wasn't that bad? :p

36 degrees here for the last day of the three day tour game between WA Chairman's XI and England, English won't like the heat that's for sure.

Back