THE NEW CHRISTMAS THREAD.

I had a lovely Christmas day dinner at my friend's home, sister of of my old pal I was a volunteer companion to. Five other people one of which was a brilliant cook serving up a plethora of delicious Sea food dishes. Beer and white wine and two dogs, one that never stopped barking.

That was all shattered the next morning when my old and dear friend died peacefully in his sister's arms.
Inoperable throat cancer due to his life saving surgery being delayed 6 months due to an underfunding of our health system despite a $6 billion surplus for a state population of just over 2 million.
Hence I'm in mourning and may not be around for a while. I'm helping to clear out his home and busy, busy busy. So much to do and his last art work was to paint two of my garden figurines, one for me and one for his sister, my dear friend too. Keepsakes and reminders of him. His sister allowed me to take one of his paintings too.
A dear friend I loved and so incredibly intelligent and compassionate. He was the smartest student in my School year of 450 kids. I'll miss him dreadfully. We were close friends for 53 years and played Soccer together in various teams, even in State finals. He was centre forward and I was his right winger with the ability to chip the ball accurately to him to head into goals. We practised that move a lot.
Rip dear Michael.
Sorry Terry I missed this.
So sorry your friend has passed away. May he rest in peace.

True, but have you seen the state of our waters! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Disgusting and smelly!
That is an outrage Jessica.
Much prefer to wait for Australia to send over their produce from their crystal clear waters ๐Ÿฆž๐Ÿฆ€๐ŸŸ
They will be coming some time I expect Jess. We had a notion of having lobster for Chrissie dinner but the $29 cost put us off. They should sell you only the meat minus the shell as that naturally is inedible. Major rip off. So when the Aussie Lobbies and crabs arrive over there insist on buying only the meat.

Last edited:
That is an outrage Jessica.

They will be coming some time I expect Jess. We had a notion of having lobster for Chrissie dinner but the $29 cost put us off. They should sell you only the meat minus the shell as that naturally is inedible. Major rip off. So when the Aussie Lobbies and crabs arrive over there insist on buying only the meat.
Good advice, thanks Ritchie ๐Ÿ‘
Our fishmongers usually oblige when asked to take out the bones from fish so if I buy an Aussie lobster I'll ask them to remove the shell.

Good advice, thanks Ritchie ๐Ÿ‘
Our fishmongers usually oblige when asked to take out the bones from fish so if I buy an Aussie lobster I'll ask them to remove the shell.
Jess the body does hold some meat as do the claws but it is the tail that holds the majority meat.

Last edited:
I know mate. Will do asap, promised, but I've been terribly busy. That's why.

I'm rushing in to wish you all a healthy, peaceful, and happy new year, my dear friends near and far.๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ

As promised, my update on Christmas. It was nearly as nice as the previous one with the exception that my younger daughter did not introduce her new partner to us as we were hoping but was spending Christmas Eve and the next day at the place of his parents. We only learnt of it on Christmas Day. She hasn't seen us since either. Things got pretty hectic when the car of my elder daughter's partner broke down for good after 20 years of service just when they were about to drive off to see us. So I had to go and fetch them. The following days were spent searching for a new car for them. They'd never bought one and didn't know the first thing about the car market. We ended up signing the contract the day before yesterday and I footed the bill.

I'm so sorry to hear about Terry's loss.๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Back