The Olympics 2008

D.K

The Olympics 2008

Thought we would have a thread put up about the coming Olympics with under a month to go before the opening ceremony!

Predictions?

Hackett to get up again in the 1500m, our Divers to do pretty good and the men's basketball team to go pretty deep in the competition.

Bring it on, the greatest sporting weeks ever!

Can't wait!

Re: The Olympics 2008

The coverage by channel 7 is a disgrace. Play the first half of the Aussie basketball then switches over to ponces jumping silly little poles on horses. Make up your mind FFS and then reply the other. Watching sport on a 8cm computer window isn't the same.

And don't get me started on that stupid thing they play with the swimmers singing |@

50m Freestyle final tommorrow, 10.30am WA time. Sullivan WR holder and Callus with a great lane after breaking into the 21's.

Let's bring home some medals boys.

Been great watching the Olympics this past week. Nothing beats non-sport sport.

What's everyone's favourite sports? Mine are:

Swimming
Weightlifting
Hockey
Basketball
Shooting
Women's Volleyball and Beach Volleyball ;)
Athletics
Cycling

Probably a few others I've forgot to mention.

Being from Perth and a failed swimmer myself, very upset about Sullivan not wining Gold.

Good luck for London Eamon, you can go one better @|

Never say never in the relay either.. @|

Ljp86;232438 said:

Swimming
Weightlifting
Hockey
Basketball
Shooting
Athletics
Cycling

My favorite events are; Boxing, Swimming, Hockey, Gymnastics,and some others that I cannot recollect. I believe the 100m sprint is a non event.

Ljp86;232438 said:

Swimming
Weightlifting
Hockey
Basketball
Shooting
Athletics
Cycling

I actually love to watch thenovelty sports like European Handball, table tennis, I even saw some archery the other day- and it was fascinating! :D

Seeing the sports you don't usually see is what I think the Olympics is all about.

That being said- judo looked like the most boring sport I've seen so far. Two women trying to grab each other jackets or trying to kick each other's legs for ten minutes didn't make for rivetting viewing! ;)

el-capitano;233200 said:
I actually love to watch thenovelty sports like European Handball, table tennis, I even saw some archery the other day- and it was fascinating! :D

Seeing the sports you don't usually see is what I think the Olympics is all about.

That being said- judo looked like the most boring sport I've seen so far. Two women trying to grab each other jackets or trying to kick each other's legs for ten minutes didn't make for rivetting viewing! ;)

Handball is pretty good so is boxing.

Dressage would have to be the most boring. Don't even know how Judo is in the Olympics, boring as anything.

Back