The Serious Discussion Thread.

This is a worrying trend with India, the planet's largest democracy beginning to cosy up to hated authoritarian states. First it is all buddy buddy with the country that has just invaded a soverign nation, Russia now it is doing the same with Israel, which occupies Palestine and subjugates its people. This is most bizarre as it seems India is having a few bucks each way as it too is aligned with the Free World thru certain organisations such as The Quad. India you cant talk to the angels and then get into bed with the Devil too.. comments.

Sorry, Ritchie, I know next to nothing about India. I pity it and hope India will keep a low profile.
Thomas India has the Free World's fastest growing middle class and has the potential to become our next major super power. But it needs to decide which side of the political fence it stands first. It must stop buying arms from Russia to punish them for invading Ukraine.. plus any energy that it currently buys from them. It can harvest all it needs either at home or from the US, EU or UK. Stop supporting the economies of authoritarian states.

Last edited:
Canberra and New Delhi are expected to put pen to paper on a free-trade agreement on Saturday that will boost exports from Australia to India by at least $45 billion by 2035. The move, which will remove or massively reduce tariffs on an array of Australian goods, comes as both nations seek to reduce their dependence on the Chinese market. The deal, a decade in the making, means Australia moves from India's seventh leading trading partner to among its top three.

This deal may be one way India is telling the west it sits on its side of the fence.

Last edited:
From good news to more worrying news for Australia. China may soon have a military presence in the south Pacific only a mere 2000 kms from the island continent after a deal between Beijing and the Solomon Islands was ratified yesterday. Evidently it involves placing Chinese security on the island as a peacekeeping force to protect Chinese citizens. At least that is what Australia is being told. More like naval forces as a naval base is predicted to be built. Naval ships berthed off the island means that China will have a military foothold in our part of the Pacific.. our backyard.

Last edited:
Thomas Australia's renewable energy action man Andrew Forrest is not stopping at decarbonizing Europe. He wants to do the same with the US. The boss of Fortescue Mining Group is in Washington to sell more of his clean, green hydrogen idea to the super power. He said a meeting with President Biden was "fantastic". Sounds as tho 'Twiggy' sold the American President. Where next for Forrest on the hydrogen world shopping list. India?

Last edited:
The AUKUS alliance between US, Aust and UK will develop Hypersonic weapons and electronic warfare capabilities, expand information sharing and deepen cooperation on defense innovation.

At 3pm we had our first emergency alert on our phones, it was a test alert, it'll now be used for a real emergency to warn us of any danger in the UK. 👍

At 3pm we had our first emergency alert on our phones, it was a test alert, it'll now be used for a real emergency to warn us of any danger in the UK. 👍
That is scary Jess. We are now living in an uncertain world. Bloody male warmongers.
What did the test entail.

Not scary but helpful, I'd say. We had the same test. Different channels were used to send these alerts to as many phones as possible. Phones were not disabled by it as some were suspecting but there was a request to give feedback if the alert reached you no matter through which channel so that those in charge can make improvements.
One result was that phones with an OS below Android 10 could not be contacted. They are working on a fix for that.
I was glad that the alert reached me. The whole procedure was a consequence of the natural catastrophe almost two years ago with about 180 people killed who, at that time, couldn’t be warned.

That is scary Jess. We are now living in an uncertain world. Bloody male warmongers.
What did the test entail.
At 3pm my phone started screaching, then after about 10 seconds an American female voice said it's a test alarm and will be used for future emergencies. I opted in for further alerts 👍

Not scary but helpful, I'd say. We had the same test. Different channels were used to send these alerts to as many phones as possible. Phones were not disabled by it as some were suspecting but there was a request to give feedback if the alert reached you no matter through which channel so that those in charge can make improvements.
One result was that phones with an OS below Android 10 could not be contacted. They are working on a fix for that.
I was glad that the alert reached me. The whole procedure was a consequence of the natural catastrophe almost two years ago with about 180 people killed who, at that time, couldn’t be warned.
I agree. Any early warning system is a good thing, especially with the times we live in now.

I am saying actually receiving an emergency alert is the scary thing. We Aussies have been spooked by all this sabre rattling by tyranical warmongers so much so that we will now invest heavily in the latest long range missiles and the latest version of the Australian designed Jindalee Over-the-horizon Radar, more so than land based military vehicles and artillery.
You've got a point there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope we never have to hear our emergency alert again because the danger will be real next time.

Guys I just messed up trying to create a group chat 🤦

Insidious hypocrites those Russkies accusing Ukraine of launching a drone strike which sparked a major fire at a fuel depot in Crimea. This is a day after Russia bombarded several Ukranian cities with missiles killing 40 civilians including children.

According to a Ukrainian military intelligence official, 40,000 tonnes of oil to be used by Russia’s Black Sea Fleet were destroyed. Some good news.

Jess has successfully created one titled My three Musketeers including the four of us as participants.
Well not quite Thomas, I invited you and Terry in our chat, that part I got right, I invited Richie instead of Ritchie, so our friend Ritchie has been replaced by a different member! 😆
Shall we discard our group chat and start again? :p

Back