The Weather Thread

Yes, -10 are above (or below) average but we may have spells of that for four weeks. The lowest temps I've ever seen were -23° for three days. In other areas they may go down to -30.

Gee, that's very cold. Certainly a very cold part of the world there which would have its challenges I'm sure.

I don't even think my freezer gets that cold.

Hot here. Yes Ballarat gets hot here in summer. We've had no 40 degree days but we've had about 10 days where it's been over 30 degrees. We've also had bad storms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was out visiting friends last night in a rural community, it was freezing with a light mist, the kind of weather that features in old British spooky films. 😲
..suddenly the mist gave way to reveal in front of us a large, rambling mansion with a solitary glow coming from one of the windows. Then there was a ear piecing scream such as you hear from the demonic "banchee". We stood frozen on the spot as a large dark figures came towards us.....

..suddenly the mist gave way to reveal in front of us a large, rambling mansion with a solitary glow coming from one of the windows. Then there was a ear piecing scream such as you hear from the demonic "banchee". We stood frozen on the spot as a large dark figures came towards us.....
...one of the figures looked familiar, a male, holding a candle in one hand and a suitcase in the other, he seemed to be in a hurry to get away from the mansion....

Another huge storm coming through ballarat. Thunder sounds like somebody is continuiously farting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had snow flurries all morning, but they were unrelated to the storm that's a-coming. It looks like that starts in about an hour, and is going to dump a bunch of snow on us.
My kind of weather 🤗
We had a storm yesterday but I don't think it was as bad as predicted, the winds were strong though.

The temperature got to 39.5 degrees here on Saturday. The forecast temperature tomorrow is 38 degrees, followed by 39 on Friday and 40 degrees for Saturday. Low to mid 20's overnight for the next four nights as well.

Cooling down to 32 on Sunday and then again further next week.

Last edited:
Well Thursday got to 39 degrees, Friday was 41.1 degrees (after a minimum of 26 degrees) and today was 42.5 degrees here. The outer suburbs of the city got as high as 45.5 degrees today so pretty hot.

January 2022 was the second hottest January on record here with an average maximum of 33.7 degrees. Cooling down now for the next few days with the seabreeze coming in off the ocean.

I did hear that WA was going through another stinking hot patch.Hope you're going ok over there.

Thanks, Renegadesfan. I'm going alright. It rained here on Sunday, the first rain we've had for 49 days (seven weeks), was only 0.8mm but better than nothing. For the whole of January 2022 we had 0mm of rain. The power cut out here a couple of times on Sunday afternoon as well and I've had internet issues until this evening.

After a much cooler run, back to 38 degrees tomorrow and mid 30's for the start and until at least the middle of next week.

Back