Things that annoy you

Re: Things that annoy you

well your variation ball is the one that does land on the pitch... i bet you that you get wickets from them.

The Wizz;368239 said:
Things that annoy me is watching Cold Case bowl down leg side all day!!

Yes I had a bad day. At 40 and not bowling for 6 months, I did struggle a bit.
2/17 of 10 in a one dayer is putrid.

cold case;368289 said:

Now I'm hoping you are being sarcastic there...

Boris;368333 said:
Now I'm hoping you are being sarcastic there...

A little bit. The Wizz actually come to watch me yesterday, and he is probably right in saying that I didn't bowl very well. If we all had of got 2/17 off 10 overs though we would have romped in. Still 870 and counting.

cold case;368341 said:
A little bit. The Wizz actually come to watch me yesterday, and he is probably right in saying that I didn't bowl very well. If we all had of got 2/17 off 10 overs though we would have romped in. Still 870 and counting.

Well you can only worry about your own performances. You did your part by the sounds of it. Unless that economy rate did come from bowling down leg and turning it into the pads to a legside field.

cold case;368341 said:

Not saying you bowled bad, Im saying you bolwed a few to many down leg side. Your best ball was the 1 to the right hander that he went to leave and took he`s middle peg out!! Its only round 1 might take you 8 or so rounds to work your pace up..:eek:

The Wizz;368347 said:
Not saying you bowled bad, Im saying you bolwed a few to many down leg side. Your best ball was the 1 to the right hander that he went to leave and took he`s middle peg out!! Its only round 1 might take you 8 or so rounds to work your pace up..:eek:

From what I'm hearing your not too bad a bowler then Cold Case...

cold case;368289 said:
That's not that bad CC. Don't be so harsh on yourself. You still have got it mate.

schwab2clarkson;368354 said:
Daylight savings. Seriously we don't need it.

And you are saying that down there in Ballarat!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are people up here, and the government, trying to get daylight savings for Queensland. What utter crap! We would be waking up in normal daylight as usual, the sun would come up at about 5:30 AM. Then where I live the sun would go down at about 7:30 PM. Up north further it wouldn't be until 8.30.

And how the hell are farmers supposed to cope with that? Cows can't tell the time. They would have to get up at 3 AM instead of 4.

The Wizz;368347 said:

10 hopefully 12 rounds to go then I can hang the boots up.
Vets next year.
By the way Wizz I will go fishing next Sunday. Are you shouting or what? I'll shout you into the veterans game later on!! Fair deal?:D

cold case;368360 said:
10 hopefully 12 rounds to go then I can hang the boots up.
Vets next year.
By the way Wizz I will go fishing next Sunday. Are you shouting or what? I'll shout you into the veterans game later on!! Fair deal?:D

Get the heart tablets....:D

Boris;368362 said:
Veteran cricketers. ;)

Until I get there myself that is.

Over 40's. Pretty good standard too!
I bowled 300 overs last year in 11 games. All 1 innings matches. 80 per weekend. The passion is not there now but I do love the comraderie that comes with it.
The mind says no and so does the body.
Vets are all OD games. Retire at 40 and a maximum of 6 overs. That sounds good. I have never played under A grade standard and would like that to remain until my son starts seniors in 3 years. I would like to play with him.

cold case;368368 said:
Over 40's. Pretty good standard too!
I bowled 300 overs last year in 11 games. All 1 innings matches. 80 per weekend. The passion is not there now but I do love the comraderie that comes with it.
The mind says no and so does the body.
Vets are all OD games. Retire at 40 and a maximum of 6 overs. That sounds good. I have never played under A grade standard and would like that to remain until my son starts seniors in 3 years. I would like to play with him.

We have one too... except it sounds nowhere near as good.

I started seniors a couple of years ago, but lately I haven't a team because of my shoulder injury.

I took the best catch I have ever seen with my own two eyes... if I say so myself... diving to about third slip from first to my left. I was pretty much horizontal in mid air when I took it. I then landed on my elbow and it dug into the ground. That pushed my shoulder joint back up towards my head, which in turn twisted behind my back, then I rolled on it. My arm was left pretty much backwards, and the captain told me I should probably go off despite my protests. I did, and later at the hospital... to no surprises... my shoulder was very badly dislocated.

After much morphine it was back in. They discovered a very small fracture on the top of the shoulder, right at the tip and a small tear of a ligament, not all the way through and not enough for surgery. Instead everything was left extremely pulled. That happened on 6th of May this year, and I am still doing exercises to get it back to strength.

Under the order of Liz (thanks Liz if you ever happen to read this :) ) I have decided to not play this year, except for fun matches, T20s and the two or three exhibition matches we play against Brisbane clubs at the start and end of the season that we do just to see how we rank against the players in the big smoke. So I might get about 5 games in total for this season, and all not very rigorous, instead of my usual 25+ for both club and rep. combined.

The joys of cricket.

Boris;368373 said:
We have one too... except it sounds nowhere near as good.

I started seniors a couple of years ago, but lately I haven't a team because of my shoulder injury.

I took the best catch I have ever seen with my own two eyes... if I say so myself... diving to about third slip from first to my left. I was pretty much horizontal in mid air when I took it. I then landed on my elbow and it dug into the ground. That pushed my shoulder joint back up towards my head, which in turn twisted behind my back, then I rolled on it. My arm was left pretty much backwards, and the captain told me I should probably go off despite my protests. I did, and later at the hospital... to no surprises... my shoulder was very badly dislocated.

After much morphine it was back in. They discovered a very small fracture on the top of the shoulder, right at the tip and a small tear of a ligament, not all the way through and not enough for surgery. Instead everything was left extremely pulled. That happened on 6th of May this year, and I am still doing exercises to get it back to strength.

Under the order of Liz (thanks Liz if you ever happen to read this :) ) I have decided to not play this year, except for fun matches, T20s and the two or three exhibition matches we play against Brisbane clubs at the start and end of the season that we do just to see how we rank against the players in the big smoke. So I might get about 5 games in total for this season, and all not very rigorous, instead of my usual 25+ for both club and rep. combined.

The joys of cricket.

Hopefully you can come back bigger and better. You sound very determined and willing to get advice. Your body will tell you when you are able to play at 100% or near. The sky is the limit in cricket nowadays.

Back