Under what conditions should cricket be cancelled

Re: Under what conditions should cricket be cancelled

ants14;322467 said:
why is bpca allowed n were not?

The comfort level isn't to bad in the BPCA if it gets too hot we can just go for a dip
BeachCricketLg.jpg

Ahhh the beauty of playing beach cricket;)

oh well what can you do. The GCA made the decision and we have to stick by it. Would have been good to try and push through the turf games. Anyway just keep an eye on the temperatures to see what we reach today and for how long. Will mean in future if it gets too hot sides can just put up the white flag and walk off the ground as it is dangerous.

From what I can gather the BPCA is playing it the same as it would if it was raining.
We have to go to the ground but we won't start until it cools down, like you would if it was raining and I guess you lose overs accordingly. So I'd say if at 3.30 if its still cooking then maybe it will be called off, fair bit of stuffing around.

Spewing its called off we woulda had st peters rolled twice by 4 o'clock and no one would have suffered to much from the heat. Look's like our final's chance's have finally been done and dusted!

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;322488 said:
From what I can gather the BPCA is playing it the same as it would if it was raining.
We have to go to the ground but we won't start until it cools down, like you would if it was raining and I guess you lose overs accordingly. So I'd say if at 3.30 if its still cooking then maybe it will be called off, fair bit of stuffing around.
good fun sittin round at breakwater in the heat waitin 2 c if we play. is there air con down there

Little River boys would be happy with the decision with 1sts looking shaky chasing 300+ and the 2nds already over the line last week

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;322793 said:
queenscliff cricket club.........biggest bunch of inbread ****wits ever!!!!

what happened? spill the beans and dont hold back.

what happened to the last two posts about queenscliff, nothing wrong with them??? this place is beconing a farcial joke, cant even have opinions on thngs any more.

ants14;322467 said:
why is bpca allowed n were not?

BPCA clubs voted last year to leave it to the captains and umpires when weather was an affect in games. Predominantly this was due to the BPCA calling a round off when many grounds were in playable conditions. Not surprising given the distance between clubs.

It seems a lot of clubs that were in trouble would be happy with any excuse to cancel rather than show the kahunas to play. The decision IMHO should be taken away from clubs and leave it to the umpires. Certainly for the lower grades and juniors, I agree with the associations making a decision.

gettingold;323586 said:
It seems a lot of clubs that were in trouble would be happy with any excuse to cancel rather than show the kahunas to play.

GCA2 had about 3 games which were pretty much formalities, and would have been done and dusted before tea. That could easily have gotten ugly if it was up to the captains to decide whether or not to play.

gettingold;323586 said:
It seems a lot of clubs that were in trouble would be happy with any excuse to cancel rather than show the kahunas to play. The decision IMHO should be taken away from clubs and leave it to the umpires. Certainly for the lower grades and juniors, I agree with the associations making a decision.

Yeah and when some poor ************** drops dead playing a game of BPCA cricket are you gunna go tell his wife and kids what happened? not playing for sheep stations knackers, there's always next week.

Look at the sides that were defending 300+ Collendina and Barwon Heads had no worries in calling it off. It's just idiot clubs in the BPCA like Queenscliff that think we're all better than what we are, battlers doing warm ups at 1215- running laps, playing touch footy, facing the bowling machine. You'd think a club that has a ranga as coach would know better, he did get moonburn the night before though :rolleyes:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE said:
Look at the sides that were defending 300+ Collendina and Barwon Heads had no worries in calling it off. It's just idiot clubs in the BPCA like Queenscliff that think we're all better than what we are, battlers doing warm ups at 1215- running laps, playing touch footy, facing the bowling machine. You'd think a club that has a ranga as coach would know better, he did get moonburn the night before though :rolleyes:

hahahaha, gold, lmao:D:D i find it amusing watching q/cliffe pre match warm up, they think they are australia.. i hope the ranga had an oversize sombrero and a litre of spf30+.

but how tough are them wallabies hey:mad:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;323591 said:
Yeah and when some poor ************** drops dead playing a game of BPCA cricket are you gunna go tell his wife and kids what happened? not playing for sheep stations knackers, there's always next week.

So what your saying is the teams that took the field, or wanted to take the field are idiots? Didn't mdf30586 say your 2nds took the field?

I am guessing that it was for the same reason as Wallington and Jan Juc... they wanted/needed the six points.

gettingold;323839 said:
So what your saying is the teams that took the field, or wanted to take the field are idiots? Didn't mdf30586 say your 2nds took the field?

I am guessing that it was for the same reason as Wallington and Jan Juc... they wanted/needed the six points.

Exactly mate, they took the field and look what happened they lasted 8 overs. He forgot to mention that Queenscliffs opening bowler past out when running into bowl and went off from reports.

But hey who cares winnings everything right?:rolleyes:

a for effort;323587 said:
GCA2 had about 3 games which were pretty much formalities, and would have been done and dusted before tea. That could easily have gotten ugly if it was up to the captains to decide whether or not to play.

That's why I like the idea of the association or umpires making the call. Gives everybody someone to hate :)

Back