Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Brad Hodge was unlucky in that only 10 days after he was born, a certain Mrs Ponting gave birth to a bouncing boy in Launceston, Tasmania.

When you are born has a lot to do with how many test matches you play. Just ask Hodgie, Stuart Law, Stewie McGill, Jamie Siddons and many others, including current coach Darren Lehmann.

Being a total knob didn't help Hodge either. What you said does have merit though, he was simply born at the wrong time.

Being a total knob didn't help Hodge either. What you said does have merit though, he was simply born at the wrong time.

I've heard the occasional criticism of Brad Hodge, but never a single specific thing he actually did wrong. I have certainly heard he's not a good mixer off-field and prefers to keep to himself. But to call Brad Hodge a 'total knob' you really need to be able support that statement with some facts...

I've heard the occasional criticism of Brad Hodge, but never a single specific thing he actually did wrong. I have certainly heard he's not a good mixer off-field and prefers to keep to himself. But to call Brad Hodge a 'total knob' you really need to be able support that statement with some facts...

Most of that stuff is kept in house, not many current or ex players are going to come out and say Brad Hodge was a knob. But it is pretty well known that Hodge wasn't the best bloke going around in the changeroom. And the constant tears to the media about not being picked for Australia and his whole "woe is me" attitude definitely didn't win him any sympathy.

The DRS should only be under the umpire's control. The trialing the ICC are doing in the next Ashes is crap (adding more referrals to each side) because the current system is crap. It's been brought up a number of times by commentators. Why is the DRS protecting the umpires? It should be protecting the 'right' calls. They're paid to be good after-all.

Most of that stuff is kept in house, not many current or ex players are going to come out and say Brad Hodge was a knob. But it is pretty well known that Hodge wasn't the best bloke going around in the changeroom. And the constant tears to the media about not being picked for Australia and his whole "woe is me" attitude definitely didn't win him any sympathy.

The entire state of Victoria did that for him as well.

• ODI's are better than T20s
  • Phil Hughes should be a test match lock
  • Phil Hughes should be being bred as the next Australian captain
  • Michael Klinger could have been a very good test match batsman
  • Pat Cummins isn't a star... yet (people are calling for him straight into the test side)
  • Nathan Hauritz was a decent bowler, and was really emerging until we stupidly dropped him
  • Shane Watson seems like a fantastic bloke, and is a world class batsman
  • Rob Quiney would have made it as a test batsman (definately not the worst ever test player)
  • Usman Khawaja doesn't have a great technique
  • James Hopes was unfairly disposed of

• ODI's are better than T20s
  • Phil Hughes should be a test match lock
  • Phil Hughes should be being bred as the next Australian captain
  • Michael Klinger could have been a very good test match batsman
  • Pat Cummins isn't a star... yet (people are calling for him straight into the test side)
  • Nathan Hauritz was a decent bowler, and was really emerging until we stupidly dropped him
  • Shane Watson seems like a fantastic bloke, and is a world class batsman
  • Rob Quiney would have made it as a test batsman (definately not the worst ever test player)
  • Usman Khawaja doesn't have a great technique
  • James Hopes was unfairly disposed of

Some of those I totally agree with and others I'm like "are you serious???" haha

I guess that's the point of this thread though. ;)

I disagree on Michael Klinger, Shane Watson (seriously??!!) and Rob Quiney. Love your opening bullet though!

Tendulkar is neither the best test or ODI batsman in the history of the game
Unfortunately for him, as the second best batsman people who are alive have seen, I chose to play cricket.
T20 is the best format
teams like afghanistan ,ireland should play test matches
lol!
Brad Hodge was unlucky in that only 10 days after he was born, a certain Mrs Ponting gave birth to a bouncing boy in Launceston, Tasmania..
Are you Robert Craddock?

Back