Unpopular Cricket Opinions

I'm not sure if this is unpopular, but i feel Brad haddin was/is underrated as a batsman, should have played alot more and been higher on the card, to me it seems like he's always the last one batting with the tail, would have scored many more runs if was higher... IMO

Shane Warne was a snake oil salesman. Lets face it, how many times did he swindle a wicket. whether it was Daryl being talked into it or an umpire being hoodwinked he was game player.

Do they believe him to be that good, or is he appreciated for the significant role/s he plays for the team?

I'd have to ask them haha. It just seems that all the Asian cricket fans think Saeed Ajmal is the best spinner in the world and all the Western fans think Graeme Swann is the best. I'm not saying he's bad just I don't think he's as good as people talk him up to be.

Michael Clarke is a terrible leader
frx1.jpg

1) Shane Warne continually mugs off the British press with deliberately stupid "insights" and bad advice designed to be as unhelpful as possible for the English cricket team - and it is working.

2) For all the money involved the IPL is actually quite a crap standard of T20 cricket. The fielding and 3nd string bowling are especially woeful.

3) For as long as I can remember, commentators have talked complete ****************, but recently its got worse because its the ex-international cricketers that talk the most **************** of all. There is very little correlation between being good at cricket and understanding technique and strategy.

4) For a significant portion of his test career, Tendulkar wasn't even the best batsman in the Indian team. Dravid was.

5) The Sky sports monopoly is a bad thing for cricket in the UK.

6) Abusive sledgers should be given one match bans.

7) Eoin Morgan and Boyde Rankin should go back to playing for Ireland.

Back