Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 08/09

Gilmour got a rookie contract this year. Took about 30 wickets for the year, which wasn't that high but was supposedly very impressive in the finals, which got him his contract.

Talk of a temporary halt for clearances to Hawthorn Monash, after one of the players included in his reasons for moving that he was going to be put through the uni by the club. Oops!

five80;235631 said:
What's been happening around the traps? Any news on Pro players at each club?
Dave Newman makes way for Pattinson at Dandy.
St Kilda getting across two Englishmen. Cross played a couple of years ago, whilst Smith plays at Lancs with Cross; all-rounder.

Cutting Half Volleys;235738 said:
Dave Newman makes way for Pattinson at Dandy.
St Kilda getting across two Englishmen. Cross played a couple of years ago, whilst Smith plays at Lancs with Cross; all-rounder.

While we are Lancs players can any one let me no if Nick Speak still runs that cricket shop in Brighton?

Guru™;233257 said:
The lure of success, players with good ability improve others around them. Good coaching set up, plenty of reasons Goodwin.

.....and added to that, who wouldn't want to play with Darty!

Just to go back to the discussion regarding the fixtures. Granted, Premier Cricket admin have once again ruined the season by fiddling with the fixtures, but is it more than that?

If 15 rounds is the way of the future, then surely to have an even comp, we need 16 teams, meaning two teams should either fold or merge in with other Clubs...

This being the case, interested on who you think fits into this.

My opinion, North should fold, and Prahran merge with Camberwell. Only based on current locations and current facilities. North have the worst facilities/squad in the comp, and PCC cant surely fund thier lease for much longer. Hawks and Swans saw the future and bolted away from the city, and now they will both have excellent facilities and longevity.

Ambitious friendly Birmingham league club in England are looking for a Top order batsmen or Batting allrounder for 2009. We can offer coaching (must have level 1) weekly wage, free kit, paid subs and return flights. Need a 1st grade player with stats to prove. Watch the Ashes - can offer tickets for the Edgbaston Test!!

tamworthcricket@hotmail.co.uk

hottip06;230856 said:
Here's a question up for debate.

Who are the best batters and bowlers in Premier Cricket (outside the state squad contracted list) who could step up and play at the next level this year?

Being realistic of course. For example, Michael King took 50 wickets last year, but I couldn't see him getting a game as a bowler at the next level, Trent Walerys and Andrew Dickinson are also in the same boat, age has probably got the better of those two though...

Obviously taking into account form, timing, injuries, etc with the Bushrangers.

S Duckworth from footscray did alright last year, fairly young... any chance of him stepping up?

hottip06;230120 said:
Some of these blokes can sneak under the radar, which I think is what the question is...

Camberwell - Gribble
Carlton - Brown
Casey - they dont know what finals are
Dandenong - Allen
Essendon - Kennedy
Fitzroy - Motschall
Footscray - Sandri
Frankston - ???
Geelong - Davies
Hawthorn - if Dart and Spoljaric dont perform, they dont win
Melbourne - Cooper
North Melbourne - Salpietro
Northcote - Hahahaha
Prahan - Sealey
Richmond - Jaensch
Ringwood - King (has to be a chance doesn't it?)
St.Kilda - McGuiness
Mel Uni - Cairns

First time poster long time reader........
Can you elaborate on these players? do u see them contributing to their teams in major ways?

or

did you just throw up these names in the response to the question?

would have thought sandri, cairns & Jaensch were the better players at their clubs so wouldn't be slipping under anyone's radar.

Watch out for Luke Michell in the lower grades at Geelong, made 450 runs in the first half of the season last year and resisted the chance to return to his local club. Could be a big year from what i hear

diamond duck;265946 said:
would have thought sandri, cairns & Jaensch were the better players at their clubs so wouldn't be slipping under anyone's radar.
Cairns is a big key for MUCC.

Sandri gets overlooked a bit because of the Footscray pace attack. Was hardly needed last year though, to be fair.

Jaensch will be hugely important for the Tiges now that Wise has gone.

hottip06;230120 said:
Some of these blokes can sneak under the radar, which I think is what the question is...

Camberwell - Gribble
Carlton - Brown
Casey - they dont know what finals are
Dandenong - Allen
Essendon - Kennedy
Fitzroy - Motschall
Footscray - Sandri
Frankston - ???
Geelong - Davies
Hawthorn - if Dart and Spoljaric dont perform, they dont win
Melbourne - Cooper
North Melbourne - Salpietro
Northcote - Hahahaha
Prahan - Sealey
Richmond - Jaensch
Ringwood - King (has to be a chance doesn't it?)
St.Kilda - McGuiness
Mel Uni - Cairns
Allen won't be sneaking under anyone's guard at Northcote though! Chris Harris pulling through with his recruits! Northcote will be OK, maybe not this year, but they're starting to get a collection of kids together which will hold them in good stead.

The bloke for Ringwood that sometimes gets overlooked is Osborne. Very good one day player.

Very Sad St Kilda Supporter here.

I have 10 Grand final packages now for sale as our group is not not interested going to the grand final.

This is for the Centre Square package and the face value of the ticket is $1995, I am happy to sell them to the first people who want then for $1500 each.

Pick up available.

Centre Square - Official Website of the Australian Football League for details.

You can contact me on 0402 297 100

Rergards

David

Barry Dawson;266779 said:
Allen won't be sneaking under anyone's guard at Northcote though! Chris Harris pulling through with his recruits! Northcote will be OK, maybe not this year, but they're starting to get a collection of kids together which will hold them in good stead.

The bloke for Ringwood that sometimes gets overlooked is Osborne. Very good one day player.

do not mention Ringwood and good players in the same sentence, over rated, bewildered they won the flag still

old hack;266840 said:
Very Sad St Kilda Supporter here.

I have 10 Grand final packages now for sale as our group is not not interested going to the grand final.

This is for the Centre Square package and the face value of the ticket is $1995, I am happy to sell them to the first people who want then for $1500 each.

Pick up available.

Centre Square - Official Website of the Australian Football League for details.

You can contact me on 0402 297 100

Rergards

David

Surely you must have realised that you were absolutely no chance to beat Hawthorn?? Let alone enough of a chance to lock down $20 grand on tickets for you and everyone you know. What were you thinking? Or, have you been given the tickets and your trying to make a cool little profit?

The Bone;266853 said:
do not mention Ringwood and good players in the same sentence, over rated, bewildered they won the flag still

nah your right, they didn't deserve to win, they're all terrible! :rolleyes:
(I'm being sarcastic)
Crap teams don't win flags! All power to them, good on them, i hope they do well again this year!

The Bone;266853 said:
I'll take being an over-rated team that's won a premiership any day of the week. Don't see how you could give them anything but full credit; utilised the pathway system as well as anyone else, and really only brought one player (Gilmour) into the club.

Their bowling attack is as good as anyone's, maybe just behind Footscray (debateable) and they bat deep, even though they might not have many stars. They won't spend many of the next few years in the bottom half of the ladder, that's for sure.

i rekon that they are very overated but they are a team that play for each other and are always focused at the job at hand and thats why they won the flag which they probably deserved.

Any other clubs got practice matches this w/e...

richmond v fitzroy
prahan v kingston saints(subbies)
frankston v northcote

that is all

Barry Dawson;266779 said:

Hardly a very good one day player. Potential wise he could be a very good cricketer but a very good one day player he is not. With not having a top score over 30 in one day matches last season, you would have to say that most players that have a top score of 30 in one day matches to be a very good one day player.

Ringwood are a very good team and a team that could win a few more flags in years to come.

Back