Victorian Premier Cricket 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Victorian Premier Cricket 09/10

Surely any 16 year old that makes a first grade hundred is worth the effort.

glad someone else shares same opinion of dewar as me! good talent, great technique, just seems like an ordinary kid who needs to grow up a bit.
do agree with barry, hawks need to find runs so the bowlers have something to play with

As i said, i dont doubt Dewer's ability as a player. However, his maturity is a joke, his respect towards anybody is non-existant and he is not going to change. He needs sorting out, coz as i said he has the ability but he is going to get absolutely nowhere with the attitude he has. Its actually quiet disgusting the lack of respect he shows people. Apart from Spoljaric actually, Dewer eats up everything he says. Maybe they will end up at subbies together?

Centurian;363344 said:
Cookson is a good keeper, and handy down the order with the bat and can always add valuable runs.

An ok keeper but ordinary with the bat. He wouldnt be in the top 10 keepers in the comp.

Centurian;364040 said:
In regards to Darren Dewer he is a lost cause. No matter who he plays for he will always be an immature little sh*t with one of the biggest attitude problems i have ever seen in my many years. I am not doubting the kids ability, he can play. However, he will get nowhere in life with his attitude and end up on the doll.Although, he seemed to like the sound of that last season anyway.

This you got right. He is a very poorly regarded individual, particularly amongst his own peer group.

Centurian;363747 said:
Guarentee Hawthorn prove the doubters wrong. They will be a much better side than you are anticipating. The team will be a much better group of players, rather than thinking the so called "stars" will do the job for them.Ladder will be:

1. Melbourne
2. Ringwood
3. St Kilda
4. Fitzroy-Doncaster
5. Carlton
6. Dandenong
7. Hawthorn-Monash
8. Prahran

-----------------------------------------

9. Frankston
10. Geelong
11. Footscray-Edgewater
12. Casey-Sth Melbourne
13. Essendon
14. Melbourne Uni
15. Richmond
16. Camberwell Magpies
17. Northcote
18. North Melbourne

So thats that settled.

This I think you have very wrong. I am a little more optimistic than others as I think you will win one game.

I saw you get rolled by Ringwood last season, based on that and the names you've mentioned its hard to see you passing 50 let alone 100 very often.

Good luck anyhow. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Hawthorn wont be as bad what your saying.. 1 game? They have a pretty decent bowling attack, just because they have batsmen who havnt proven themselves doesnt mean they wont make runs this year??

Just looked at the fixture. Hawthorn don't play North Melbourne this season. Would have been a cracking match.

five80;364290 said:
Just looked at the fixture. Hawthorn don't play North Melbourne this season. Would have been a cracking match.

They play them in a 20/20

hey guys,
just wondering if anyone has heard anything about footscray
i've heard they have lost half there 1's side from last year
although they have picked up talented opener sean dean and also ive been told peter herrick will be playing ones with a leadership role
can anyone confirm this, muchly appreciated.

Love, O'Brien, Brouhaska, McCammond and Duckworth gone. Will still have a decent line-up though.

S Dean
Russ
Geisler
Hastings
Lindsay
T Dean
Green
Sandri

Plus a couple more. With their all-rounders, can afford an extra batsman or bowler, their choice. Supposedly Russ hasn't been all that keen on keeping, so maybe they'll bring in a gloveman. They've obviously got room to move on that front, with Hastings and Lindsay able to bat in their top 5 or 6.

rang1;364288 said:
Hawthorn wont be as bad what your saying.. 1 game? They have a pretty decent bowling attack, just because they have batsmen who havnt proven themselves doesnt mean they wont make runs this year??
It'd be difficult to argue that their side looks much better than Casey's last year, and they only got the one game.

Still, I think it's rather silly to be writing off any side as only going to win one game. Casey's side looked a lot better last year than previously, and they went worse; who would have guessed that Fitzroy would have such a stinker a couple of years ago, etc. Very few sides end up going that poorly.

ohh thats good to hear...
what about this pete herrick that all the hypes been about
is he really as good as he is said to be?

I agree with Barry Dawson. It is impossible to write off any team just yet. Hawthorn will not be half as bad as what he majority of people on this site are saying they will be.

People seem to think they are going to have a lot of young kids in the team and have no experience. This is not right.

Hewat is a quality spinner, played many of years of district cricket. Cookson IS a good keeper and easily one of the better in the comp. Not sure I have seen him make a mistake in his 4 years at the club.

Bird has played a number of seasons in the firsts now and can be a good bowler when he isnt being the angriest man on Earth. Hoogenboom has also played a number of seasons and is a good bowler on his day. (when he has it)

Miller is back at the club and if he can keep fit is a very handy bowler, just ask anyone from the footscray game 2 years ago. Tormey has played a few seasons now and needs to step up and be a serious run-maker for the club.

To those players, add Gunawardanna (played a number of seasons at Prahran) Brooks and Carrol (both played games at Dandenong) Karageorgiou, Pham, Kapoor, Dragwidge, Slack, Sampson and the squad doesnt look half bad.

Hawthorn will be a lot better than people are saying. But as i have said before, guess we will have to wait and see.

2s / 3s player at footscray, obviously had a big pre season or someone pumping his tires up

just on dewar, what has he done in the past thats given him this rep?

yes-no-wait-sorry;364347 said:
2s / 3s player at footscray, obviously had a big pre season or someone pumping his tires up

Knew a few blokes from his old association and from what ive heard he was just a very arrogant individual..

yes-no-wait-sorry;364347 said:

He is just a very arrogant individual and shows nobody any respect. Should hear the way he speaks to his father, its even worse than to othe players. He wont listen to anybody when they are talking to him whether its to help him or not. His maturity levels are a very big problem and he is worse than a 5 year old on red cordial.

yeah i also been told about him playing 2's and 3's last year but from what people around the club have been saying.. he must be a massive show this year and if all the hard work pays off he could be one of the stars of the competition...
does anyone know what he looks like because ive never heard of him. is he the bloke whose losing his hair who use to be a bit chubby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back