VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Red Ink No.8;347233 said:
Hasn't taken long for some clubs to use the points system to their advantage, open up their cheque books and poach some players.

Somethings never change - the difference this year is that it's legal.
You've made the statement so you must have names and Clubs, don't be a "party pooper" spill the beans

Red Ink No.8;347233 said:
Hasn't taken long for some clubs to use the points system to their advantage, open up their cheque books and poach some players.

What is the maximum points allowed? not really clear in the document recieved.

is it a certain amount of points for the season, or are they gunna make it an even comp by making it points per game?

anybody clear on this?

call me a dumbsh it but makes no sense to me and seems pointless

Kev Davis;347296 said:

is it a certain amount of points for the season, or are they gunna make it an even comp by making it points per game?

anybody clear on this?

Kev don't let it worry you...just stand at the end of your mark and fire them down.
With most teams trying to recruit players now wouldn't it be good of the league to confirm points status and structure of leagues asap....as to my knowledge nothing has been rubber stamped.

underarm bowler;347307 said:
Kev don't let it worry you...just stand at the end of your mark and fire them down.
With most teams trying to recruit players now wouldn't it be good of the league to confirm points status and structure of leagues asap....as to my knowledge nothing has been rubber stamped.

Had a look at VTCA website - Match Committe for Clubs
It appears the Association sent Points details to Clubs last Friday and Re structure and expression of interest letter on Tuesday.
Word around is that they are still waiting on a couple of Clubs interested in joining to confirm their involvement

Kev Davis;347296 said:

anybody clear on this?

Almost to a man, people have been whinging about rich clubs breaking the 2 paid player rule (which most clubs do). It was an uninforcable rule, even if the comp employed auditors, what would they audit. Does any club have a true and correct set of books listing player payments/incentives etc that are available as public record. At least with a points system its transparent, it won't be perfect but 1000% better than what we have had. Give it a chance

overthefence;348122 said:
YCCC committee burn young Popey.......another clubber set to leave

Who are the others who have left?

As long as they keep Tocka, Bakes, Bronca and Smart they should win the next 3 flags. He is in the bracket of players they can easily replace.

Thats a good team mentality....have your 4 good players and don't worry about the rest of the team...as long as they are paying their subs who cares. What happens in 3 years?

underarm bowler;348922 said:
Thats a good team mentality....have your 4 good players and don't worry about the rest of the team...as long as they are paying their subs who cares. What happens in 3 years?
Well they win the next 3 flags and by then the new imports points drop down to zero as well and they win the following 3. Popey a very loyal young man and as likely to leave as i am of going on a diet. NO CHANCE!!!!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;348153 said:
Who are the others who have left?

As long as they keep Tocka, Bakes, Bronca and Smart they should win the next 3 flags. He is in the bracket of players they can easily replace.

Sounds like the Airport West selection policy, except they pick 9 paid players and bat 2 kids at 10 and 11 just to field.

One more year;349577 said:
Suely its time to move on

Steady on,the bloke has a fair point.

Surely the rest will move on when clubs like yours stop buying their wins.

I wonder if the money runs out tomorrow how many will stick around Airportwest or clubs like Airport west for the good of the club. My guess is zero;):p

ROY G BIV;349663 said:
Steady on,the bloke has a fair point.

Surely the rest will move on when clubs like yours stop buying their wins.

I wonder if the money runs out tomorrow how many will stick around Airportwest or clubs like Airport west for the good of the club. My guess is zero;):p

Couldn't agree more!! Clubs like Airport West and a few more would be luck to survive if they didn't but so many players. You can't tell me that if the money dried up, those guys who apparently "don't" get paid would hang around. They would be on the first bus out of there and onto the next club who could support their requests.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge clubs paying players, but I hate cheats!!!

Theres no points system in the WDCA fellas & theres not bad coin to be made either if your interested,not as much as some sen divvy clubs pay,but still very attractive $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for local cricket................................PM me if your interested???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back