VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Genuine_No12;356873 said:
If Bakes is up first you might want to hold the rest of the guests for week 2. :D

why would that be genuine_no12? lol

Battler;356937 said:
Well there are only 2 teams in Senior which are McKinnon and South Caulfield, so your post doesn't make sense there and it also is incorrect as with the new setup with divisions it will be 1 up 1 down from north and south so there will always be south teams.

Am I right in saying this?

fair enough eddie mcguire....thanks for the heads up

Trebba;356441 said:
how many tons have u scored century scorer? i dont reckon u have hit one in your life :eek:

3 from memory all on cricket trips:D,
Apparently Yccc have offered one N.Buckley the
coaching job for the next 3 years,said they can pay more
than the Kangaroos :p

century scorer;357136 said:
3 from memory all on cricket trips:D,
Apparently Yccc have offered one N.Buckley the
coaching job for the next 3 years,said they can pay more
than the Kangaroos :p

Where are you from century scorer? sounds like u go hard on the trips - nice work! At the end of the day, thats wat cricket is all about!

I can confirm G.Turner is captain/coach this year at YCCC

N.Buckley couldnt hit the me off his front lawn, im sure he will be better suited to the kangaroos :cool:

Trebba;357238 said:
Where are you from century scorer? sounds like u go hard on the trips - nice work! At the end of the day, thats wat cricket is all about!

I can confirm G.Turner is captain/coach this year at YCCC

N.Buckley couldnt hit the me off his front lawn, im sure he will be better suited to the kangaroos :cool:

Hoppers x 6th 11 only play for the trips.
Have seen Buckley walking out of that Palms joint
on ballarat rd with one B .Strachan or was it his
look a like D .Patcholi:D

century scorer;357359 said:
Hoppers x 6th 11 only play for the trips.
Have seen Buckley walking out of that Palms joint
on ballarat rd with one B .Strachan or was it his
look a like D .Patcholi:D

nothing wrong with that i play at kingsville in the seconds and that would be around the same standard. We all play for the trips too. half of us got locked up last trip when we went to Albury for the weekend. :D

I spoke to "buckets" bronca and he told me turner defintely got the job for another tomato farm in the marsh. You must be spending alot of time on those tomato farms if you really believe buckley will be coaching YCCC :D

Ok, this is starting to go downhill. Let's keep away from the personal stuff and petty insults or else the thread will go and people banned.

This is your one and only warning.

mas cambios;357452 said:
Ok, this is starting to go downhill. Let's keep away from the personal stuff and petty insults or else the thread will go and people banned.

This is your one and only warning.

i wasnt tryin to insult anyone mas cambios. That was just my opinion on what i thought it would take to get those players to Geelong. If it wasnt for Trebba there would be no comments on here lately :cool:

anyways im always happy to talk VTCA cricket as i love it! Who do u play for mas cambios? Who do u think will win the big one this year in the senior division?

Vicious and Well Directed;357592 said:
So does the overseas player limit no longer apply?

Thats correct no limit on overseas players anymore. As long as you stay under 54 points.

Hard on kids coming though if clubs have 2 or 3 imports

7/564;357601 said:
Thats correct no limit on overseas players anymore. As long as you stay under 54 points.

Hard on kids coming though if clubs have 2 or 3 imports

I know what you are saying, but the flip side is clubs with multiple imports might be forced to play some kids to fit under the 54 point limit.

I thought the points system was meant to even this out, so that the kids are not given the cold shoulder by clubs in favour of those imports and others on big bucks.

A.B De Villiers;357611 said:
I thought the points system was meant to even this out, so that the kids are not given the cold shoulder by clubs in favour of those imports and others on big bucks.

The points system does create spots for kids at clubs that want to import more than 1 player from o/s as they cost 9 points each (I think). For every 9 point player u have playing in the 1sts you will need (on average) to have a 2 or less point player.

I will be very interested with how clubs go about the overseas ruling and how the league views it and clamps down in years to come. It could be fast turning into the English County system and Kolpak players! i would imagine most clubs have thought about more than 1 overseas....mine included.

Yarraville club will be the big winners out of this points system. I heard they have room in their points cap to recruit 2 more district players. Half their top players have been at club for more than 4 years so they all have low points.

Word on the street is that Craig Berger(Essendon CC) has already signed, saw him with turner on weekend at palms on geelong rd.

Also heard they chasing ex victorian wicket keeper wade and good chance of getting him :eek:

How do they get away with it?? :mad:

Trebba;357721 said:
Also heard they chasing ex victorian wicket keeper wade and good chance of getting him

Ex Victorian keeper Wade????

Adam Crosthwaite has moved to Sydney cos Matthew Wade was getting picked in front of him for the Victorian Shield matches.

Pretty sure Wade will be keeping for Victoria this coming season.

yet again this forum has it right on the money!!!! if this was a paper a lot of folk would lose their jobs!haha. I recken about 85% of the rumours on here are just guys bored at work.
Wade signed up for Casey.

Trebba;357721 said:
Yarraville club will be the big winners out of this points system. I heard they have room in their points cap to recruit 2 more district players. Half their top players have been at club for more than 4 years so they all have low points.

Word on the street is that Craig Berger(Essendon CC) has already signed, saw him with turner on weekend at palms on geelong rd.

Also heard they chasing ex victorian wicket keeper wade and good chance of getting him :eek:

How do they get away with it?? :mad:

The points system was not introduced to stop Yarraville Club recruiting. If they have been good enough to hang on to players like Tocka and Baker for 4 or more years they deserve like evey other club to get them at a discounted points rate. All clubs that recruit good people who stay for an extended period at their club will benefit from the points system. Clubs who continually take on "cricket prostitutes" will be the clubs that struggle to manage the points system.

If Yarraville do have room for 2 more district players they will have had to take out some other reasonably high points players to fit them in. Yes they will be better but its not like others arn't recruiting as well.

I'd suggest wade may stay with the Bushrangers as his contract of 100-150k may be a little more than even Yarriville Club can afford.

As for "how do they get away with it", get away with what. Under the new system all clubs can spend as much cash as they want, BUT cant exceed the points cap. That rule will include Yarriville Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back