VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

i hear airport west have had had a meeting telling there players that they will have to take a pay cut next year..... st albans front runners for p magafas...

Nothing further than the truth i believe Hoppers offered him a two year deal and at his age he decided to move on for a better deal for him
As far as the rest of the players at APW they have signed on for next season and in some cases two years !
So beware they are on a mission! unfinished business so i'm told and are ready to announce additional signing in the very near future
And are still very also interested in talking to anyone who wants to be apart of a successful club wanting to win the senior division flag

johndoe;399187 said:
i hear airport west have had had a meeting telling there players that they will have to take a pay cut next year..... st albans front runners for p magafas...

Don't tell me Mags is on the move again?

southern sledge;399231 said:
You can spend as much as you like, whats the problem !

That the stupid points system is restricting clubs from recruiting more quality players!

only the truth;399190 said:
Nothing further than the truth i believe Hoppers offered him a two year deal and at his age he decided to move on for a better deal for him
As far as the rest of the players at APW they have signed on for next season and in some cases two years !
So beware they are on a mission! unfinished business so i'm told and are ready to announce additional signing in the very near future
And are still very also interested in talking to anyone who wants to be apart of a successful club wanting to win the senior division flag

so yuor telling me that no payed player was asked to take a pay cut ????

Cash Man;399238 said:
That the stupid points system is restricting clubs from recruiting more quality players!
There the rules , voted in by the clubs. Put up with it or go to an inferior comp like the subbies where the same bottom teams like Ormond and Broady are always down the bottom.

CLUB: Werribee Centrals Cricket Club

Position Sought: Senior Playing Coach

Association: VTCA, WDCA, WSUCCA, WRJCA(JUNIOR CRICKET)

Number of Senior Teams: 2 X Mens Turf Northern Division VTCA
1 x Senior Mens WDCA B2 Turf
3 x Senior Mens WSUCCA B Matting, C Matting, D Matting

Number of Junior Teams & Grades: 10 junior teams WRJCA plus In2 Cricket Program

Accreditation Required: Level 1-2 preferred

Key Selection Criteria:
Bring an enthusiastic attitude to a group of players willing to train hard
Have excellent Management and Leadership skills
Ability to organise and commit to all Training sessions and Games
Ability to develop youth
Ability to sustain positive club culture and achieve success on and off field
Attend all Club Functions
Be able to Communicate with a willing Committee and highly motivated players
Be capable of performing in the Senior Mens First XI in Northern Divison

Other Information:
Position is for Coach of Senior Cricket Club only
Contract and Remuneration Negotiable
Applications handled in a confidential manner

Club Competing to be best side in Western Suburbs
Proud Club with successful recent history
4 sides out of 6 made Grand Final Last Year including both First & Second XI
Newly Renovated Clubrooms capable of hosting functions of 200 people
4 Net Facilities available, bowling machine and excellent oval including a 4 pitch table

Key Contacts: Applicants email details, brief playing, coaching credentials and any further required information to President Ashley Clarke at lowcost@convey.com.au

Club website: MyCricket: Werribee Centrals

only the truth;399378 said:
You seem to be in the know my friend?
what can you tell me ?

club has finished in the red the last few years.it was put to the players that unless they all took a pay cut they could not afford to buy any new players next year...:eek:

If this is the case speaks volumnes for the character of blokes that signed on

and didn't chase the dollars from parasite clubs in North and North A Division

Why play 2nd and 3rd rate cricket when you can play the best!!!!

only the truth;399598 said:
If this is the case speaks volumnes for the character of blokes that signed on

and didn't chase the dollars from parasite clubs in North and North A Division

Why play 2nd and 3rd rate cricket when you can play the best!!!!

Well, now that the points are decreasing again and probably again for season 11/12, I can see that Senior Div clubs will be searching the lower grade clubs for the better players as they will be worth low points value. Then who will be known as parasite clubs?

OhMyGodTheChips;399790 said:
What competition is best to look at playing in, if I was not looking at district grade cricket?

Well I am sure you will get varying answers on this. I would like to think that VTCA Senior div would be of at least equal to Sub District. I went to watch a subbies grand final 2-3 years ago and from what I saw, our top 4-6 sides would easily be competitive. Apart from our bonus points system, I think we have a great set up. And obviously the club I play for, Spotswood, is up there with some quality clubs. ;)

Too Old Body Broke;399793 said:
Well I am sure you will get varying answers on this. I would like to think that VTCA Senior div would be of at least equal to Sub District. I went to watch a subbies grand final 2-3 years ago and from what I saw, our top 4-6 sides would easily be competitive. Apart from our bonus points system, I think we have a great set up. And obviously the club I play for, Spotswood, is up there with some quality clubs. ;)
You don't like points of any kind

I've heard there maybe major player movement at several senior division clubs

Willy Cyms to start with its been mentioned a signing from Keilor Park already

But who is leaving to keep them under 49 points

stay tune for more move news on this club and others

as i say only the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back