VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Too Old Body Broke;399793 said:
Well I am sure you will get varying answers on this. I would like to think that VTCA Senior div would be of at least equal to Sub District. I went to watch a subbies grand final 2-3 years ago and from what I saw, our top 4-6 sides would easily be competitive. Apart from our bonus points system, I think we have a great set up. And obviously the club I play for, Spotswood, is up there with some quality clubs. ;)

surely that was the willy grand final????

You are right, Laverton will come in next season.
Sunday U/17 comp to start up as well, that should be good if it goes ahead as some of the hard wicket comps finish at U/16.
Scott Porter not going back to the VTCA, but playing for Bulleen in the ECA. Mick Lewis could be staying at Coburg, bad luck Greenvale.

southern sledge;400672 said:
You are right, Laverton will come in next season.
Sunday U/17 comp to start up as well, that should be good if it goes ahead as some of the hard wicket comps finish at U/16.
Scott Porter not going back to the VTCA, but playing for Bulleen in the ECA. Mick Lewis could be staying at Coburg, bad luck Greenvale.

Wow, you have a fair bit of info there SS. How accurate is it all?
On a side note, I beleive we have signed a couple of handy players for next year, with 1 potentially 1 of the best bats this comp has seen!!!! Big call I know but....Stay tuned...:D

Too Old Body Broke;400699 said:
On a side note, I beleive we have signed a couple of handy players for next year, with 1 potentially 1 of the best bats this comp has seen!!!! Big call I know but....Stay tuned...:D

Brad Hodge????

Too Old Body Broke;400699 said:

moonpie's back at spotty?

Why would Porter go to Bulleen in the ECA?

Possibly a rumour but a guy at footy during the week told me that Greenvale is/will merge with North Melbourne and be known as 'Greater North Melbourne'

Any truth to this?

yes-no-wait-sorry;400717 said:

Possibly a rumour but a guy at footy during the week told me that Greenvale is/will merge with North Melbourne and be known as 'Greater North Melbourne'

Any truth to this?

if that happened, would nth melb have to buy their old players back?

yes-no-wait-sorry;400717 said:

Any truth to this?
Porter and Hilias have both gone there

that greenvale rumour is absolutely hillarious...
where would they play .. arden st? section rd?
in which comp... vtca or district....??
i think you have been fed a yarn here mate....

A1B2C3D4;400765 said:
Spotty are getting Hildrith from Somerset.. no real secret there!

Well it's no secret now is it? Thanks for stealing my thunder. We also have a nippy bowler on board as well. From what I hear, I don't think we will be seeing too many not wearing a lid to this guy.:D

He will need to very good

As they will fall apart by christmas again like this season

About time clubs realised that Poms are never the answer

only the truth;401082 said:
He will need to very good

As they will fall apart by christmas again like this season

About time clubs realised that Poms are never the answer

You would want to be from YCC because as far as I am concerned, they are the only club to have anything to spruik about from last year. And was it not Spotswood sitting 3rd at Xmas last season? Not sure how you come up with " fall apart by Xmas AGAIN"???
Perhaps best you worry about your own back yard, wherever you are from?

A1B2C3D4;400765 said:
Spotty are getting Hildrith from Somerset.. no real secret there!

As a follower of English Cricket, if this guy does come over , he will be an absolute GUN. The guy has a 1st class TRIPLE CENTURY to his name and averages 40+ in 1st class cricket.

He would/ AND should make 800+ runs and provide great entertainment.... i'd doubt the comp has seen a better batsman. 131 in his last hit for Somerset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back