VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

crazycricket;330738 said:
turn it up goose. i can gurantee you apw scorer did not say any of that rubbish. dont start talking s#@t.

"guarantee" You are the GOOSE! Put your money where your mouth is this week!

Massive congratulations for OEG to avoid relegation after getting 33 points in the last 3 rounds..

Huge effort considering we were close to gone..

Special mention to Kappy, whose 106* saw us go past the total 5 down..

Good luck to all who made the finals, should be some great games..

And an amazing stat..

All 6 teams that won in round 1, made finals..

You have to admit, that is a pretty cool stat.

Martyandmumblestaylor;330423 said:
Is that the same Grub Baker that will not play my son in the First 11
must be tarred with the same brush as that Turner guy,he never picked
my Dan even when he made a truck load of runs.
Hows the love shack going Deano?:cool:
No furniture yet and no tv. Just a microwave and all rooms full of food. Well not all full of food but I have installed an oven in the bathroom! Can get a little peckish when i'm running the rinse through my hair.:)

I would like announce that yours truly will be back on the VTCA scene next season and can smell the fear on Porter,Baker,Okeefe and already.I would like to point out no money has been mentioned but i have found a supervisory role at the abertoire up the road and moving back to the area.If anybody wants to catch up i can regularly be found at the Guiding Star hotel.

Your Mate

Mick Megne.

Mick Megne;331102 said:
I would like announce that yours truly will be back on the VTCA scene next season and can smell the fear on Porter,Baker,Okeefe and already.I would like to point out no money has been mentioned but i have found a supervisory role at the abertoire up the road and moving back to the area.If anybody wants to catch up i can regularly be found at the Guiding Star hotel.

Your Mate

Mick Megne.

hi Mick.....so who's the lucky club?

All round class;330650 said:
What a pathetic attitude you have, it was the southern clubs that made this comp for you overpaid sluts to come into and hold to ransom, get a grip!!!

You might have made the comp,but face facts if it wasnt 4 north sides
this comp would be Shit -ouse.Get a grip you say i have on a bundle of
$50 dollar notes ive just been paid.(ps keep that quite i dont want any
one from vtca to hear).Bring on the FINALS go the North.:);):D

Okay enough is enough, no one will win a North v South posting battle.Lets all cool down and talk cricket.
Did anyone go to the Bushfire match yesterday, i heard it was poorly attended.

southern sledge;331249 said:
Okay enough is enough, no one will win a North v South posting battle.Lets all cool down and talk cricket.
Did anyone go to the Bushfire match yesterday, i heard it was poorly attended.

Now there is an understatement, we tried to count at tea and got to about 60 although that may have included some players..... terrible crowd ...

I left just after tea but game was very uninspiring too, when people who got out were coming back for another bat to face Browny bowling off spin pies, I lost interest.... Waste of a day I'm sorry - good cause but bad day !

OnTheLookout;331551 said:
Now there is an understatement, we tried to count at tea and got to about 60 although that may have included some players..... terrible crowd ...

I left just after tea but game was very uninspiring too, when people who got out were coming back for another bat to face Browny bowling off spin pies, I lost interest.... Waste of a day I'm sorry - good cause but bad day !

Disappointing turn out, great cause.

Positive out of the day was that something could be organised btw North & South teams

at short notice guided by the VTCA. This should now open the doors to other issues being resolved in

season 09/10. Issues to be ironed out:
- Payments (point system etc etc)
- Competition layout (including mid week 20/20 VTCA comp & VTCA rep match).
- Neutral Finals Grounds.
- Umpiring standards.
- VTCA Players Executive Group.

Thoughts?

mickeybee;331053 said:
Massive congratulations for OEG to avoid relegation after getting 33 points in the last 3 rounds..

Huge effort considering we were close to gone..

Special mention to Kappy, whose 106* saw us go past the total 5 down..

Good luck to all who made the finals, should be some great games..

I agree its a great effort to get 33 points in the last 3 rounds to just stay up, but dont you think the result flatters you? I remember OEG being in this situation in 2003 and pretty much every year since then you have stayed only just above relegation without being near finals action. I suppose you have to weight up playing in the highest grade and not being successful vs going down to Senior A and probably being more closer to the pack. Anyway congrats.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;331779 said:
I agree its a great effort to get 33 points in the last 3 rounds to just stay up, but dont you think the result flatters you? I remember OEG being in this situation in 2003 and pretty much every year since then you have stayed only just above relegation without being near finals action. I suppose you have to weight up playing in the highest grade and not being successful vs going down to Senior A and probably being more closer to the pack. Anyway congrats.

Not quite sure what you mean by 'the result flatters us'? Beating Spotty by 5 wickets? Or staying up?

In 03' we came 4th last, 04' we came 3rd. We lost after Baker made 150 after he was dropped on the boundary by a sub fielder when on less than 5.

I know that we haven't threatened finals for a while, but I would way rather stay up against great players than play a level below. For a club with our funds, I think that it is a fantastic effort to stay up since 99' or whenever it was..

White Line Fever;331765 said:
Disappointing turn out, great cause.

Positive out of the day was that something could be organised btw North & South teams

at short notice guided by the VTCA. This should now open the doors to other issues being resolved in

season 09/10. Issues to be ironed out:
- Payments (point system etc etc)
- Competition layout (including mid week 20/20 VTCA comp & VTCA rep match).
- Neutral Finals Grounds.
- Umpiring standards.
- VTCA Players Executive Group.

Thoughts?

WLF given your list of "Issues to be ironed out" you must have been at the Presidents/Secretaries meeting last wednesday night ?!? As they were all covered there and mentioned to be points of discussion for the coming off-season !!

The point you make is correct though, these are all issues that need to be looked into further to maintain the strength of the comp.

mickeybee;331782 said:
Not quite sure what you mean by 'the result flatters us'? Beating Spotty by 5 wickets? Or staying up?

In 03' we came 4th last, 04' we came 3rd. We lost after Baker made 150 after he was dropped on the boundary by a sub fielder when on less than 5.

I know that we haven't threatened finals for a while, but I would way rather stay up against great players than play a level below. For a club with our funds, I think that it is a fantastic effort to stay up since 99' or whenever it was..

What I meant by flatters you is that you were bottom or near bottom for all but the last 3 rounds. Didnt mean to degrade the win, more about staying up when really you were there & thereabouts for relegation all year. Anyway, its great you want to play aainst the best each week when other clubs either dont want to come up (Albion, Aspendale in Sth A in recent years), Chelsea who dropped I think two grades last year and other clubs who prefer to be a big fish in a small pond. THey are the minority though, most clubs want to play the highest level.

Disappointing to see another south club relegated from Senior Div. With 3 of the 4 clubs in the Snr A finals coming from the north, it doesn't bode well for the VTCA's claim to have the 'premier metropolitan cross-town' competition..

The 20/20 mid-week comp floated at the Pres/Sec meeting has real legs. I believe a formal competition is not on the cards but expect to see informal arrangements to be made between neighbouring VTCA clubs.

Also interesting to come out of the meeting in the South was the travel issue. Seems with the imbalance between north and south clubs in Snr Div and Snr A a lot of south clubs are becoming sick of the increasingly regular trips over the West Gate. Coupled with changing lifestyles, family priorities etc, it's an issue affecting player retention. Expect to hear more noise for a split competition come from the south in the future.

Thoughts for the Snr Div finals this week?...

Reckon RPB could cause an upset. Hampton knocked up 240 odd against Yarraville's bowlers and although Bakes got a few last week, Yarraville's batting have been a bit too reliant on O'Keefe. If he fails than who knows.

Keilor should account for the Harlem Globetrotters - oops, I mean Airport West

Southern Son;332394 said:
Thoughts for the Snr Div finals this week?...

Reckon RPB could cause an upset. Hampton knocked up 240 odd against Yarraville's bowlers and although Bakes got a few last week, Yarraville's batting have been a bit too reliant on O'Keefe. If he fails than who knows.

Keilor should account for the Harlem Globetrotters - oops, I mean Airport West

Senior Div
YCCC will be too good for RPB.
Airport West to beat Keilor. Keilor rely too much on Porter.

Senior A
St Bernards to beat Brighton
Hoppers over cy's.

Not Just Empty Words;331822 said:
WLF given your list of "Issues to be ironed out" you must have been at the Presidents/Secretaries meeting last wednesday night ?!? As they were all covered there and mentioned to be points of discussion for the coming off-season !!

The point you make is correct though, these are all issues that need to be looked into further to maintain the strength of the comp.

No I wasn't Empty...just an astute cricketer in the modern game.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out that the VTCA needs take a new approach in the

coming season 09/10 season. They must leverage from popularity for the shorter forms of the game.

This could bring some clubs increased revenue, player memberships and overall enjoyment.

Proposed Round Format 09/10:
Rnd 1 & 2: 40 over matches
Rnd 3: 80 over match
Rnd 4: 80 over match
Rnd 5: 80 over match
Rnd 6: 80 over match
Rnd 7: 40 over match
Rnd 8: 40 over match
Rnd 9: 80 over match
Rnd 10: 80 over match
Rnd 11: 80 over match

11 matches, 4 one-day games, 7 2-day games. Mid week 20/20 comp to start btw Rnd 4 ending in Rnd 9.

These games will be recognised in the statistics for the year. Games can easily replace training on a

Tuesday or Thursday night or neutral Wednesday. Clubs could benefit having fundraisers, events, Bbq's, raffles etc

on these nights and bolster crowds by using local media & sponsorship's. This kind of format will entice ex-state,

district and internationals to the competition and enhance professionalism, retention and make the VTCA a premier competition.

Thoughts?

Southern Son;332387 said:
Disappointing to see another south club relegated from Senior Div. With 3 of the 4 clubs in the Snr A finals coming from the north, it doesn't bode well for the VTCA's claim to have the 'premier metropolitan cross-town' competition..

The 20/20 mid-week comp floated at the Pres/Sec meeting has real legs. I believe a formal competition is not on the cards but expect to see informal arrangements to be made between neighbouring VTCA clubs.

Also interesting to come out of the meeting in the South was the travel issue. Seems with the imbalance between north and south clubs in Snr Div and Snr A a lot of south clubs are becoming sick of the increasingly regular trips over the West Gate. Coupled with changing lifestyles, family priorities etc, it's an issue affecting player retention. Expect to hear more noise for a split competition come from the south in the future.

Southern Son I understand where you are coming from. Although I am from the North, I do like playing

against the southern teams.

What do you propose with a split comp? how would this work?

Surely you would want to continue playing against strong clubs. And don't make it about money because

South Caulfield and Mackinnon pay as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back