VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Also mentioned at the last meeting was that a Points system was in the final stages of development and would be put to clubs shortly for their input

This was the meeting of last wednesday at Spotswood, not the East Malvern meeting as you have suggested.
As mentioned yesterday, it is not far away from being put to the clubs for their input. At which point hopefully the Exec and the clubs can work together to ensure its success.
Having an opinion is what this forum is all about, but please remember that BigCricket is not the only way to voice your opinion, and as someone who obviously cares maybe we need to hear from you in some of the meetings a little more often. That was the point I was trying to make.

Great effort by Willy CYMS and St. Bernards on the weekend should be great game.
A hat trick was taken by a St Bernards bowler on the weekend against Brighton and on the third ball the Brighton batsman shouldered arms, he won't have a good winter.

Sources tell me that a change at the top of the VTCA has been flagged and confirmed.

Been informed that one of the candidates comes from a "New" club....interesting times ahead...reckon the time is nigh for new faces on VTCA exec.

Look forward to where the Association will move to with the issues clubs have been advised about to come up.

Campaigner;335389 said:
Sources tell me that a change at the top of the VTCA has been flagged and confirmed.

Been informed that one of the candidates comes from a "New" club....interesting times ahead...reckon the time is nigh for new faces on VTCA exec.

Look forward to where the Association will move to with the issues clubs have been advised about to come up.

Tony Isaacs announced this was his final year as president at the AGM so a change at the top isnt surprising.... any clues on possible replacement ?

GillyGilly;334820 said:
The winner will claim the Affidavit Cup, while the loser will go out and buy another 5 ex-district players for next season.. it's win-win for both sides :p

Sorry but there is no way i will be signing one of those Afro David things.If i do that the Child support agency will be able to track me down instantly.

Your Mate Mick Megne

Southern Son;335327 said:
Did I use quotation marks around 'it's too hard'? - It was not a direct quote attributed to anyone but rather summing up the attitude of the VTCA as I saw it. I was in attendence at both the most recent match committee & Pres/Sec meeting and on each occassion the points system was summarily dismissed. No reasons outlined to say why it wouldn't work or if it's ever been considered by the VTCA. A proposed points system was not raised at the match committee meeting (you can read the minutes to refresh your confused memory - http://www.vtca.asn.au/files/1/files/summary of minutes 18 feb 09.pdf) and nor was it at the South meeting held at Bentleigh. If such a proposal was put forward at the North meeting and is in the 'final stages of development' than perhaps you could enlighten us on the details?

Is the affidavits a 'step in right direction'? Of course it is, but the proof will be in the pudding. I hope I'm wrong, but this measure won't catch anyone out. It wont do anything other than briefly put the wind up a few clubs. The VTCA has been reactive, as opposed to proactive and in my opinion it's only in response to increasing club disquiet that they have been forced to do this. They have to be seen to be doing something and like everyone I'll be curious to see what the 'finishing point' will be.

Not sure what the point of your last paragraph is. I'm very clear on what the requirements for signing individual affidavits are. I'm also glad that our club didn't 'qualify' as you put it. 'Coming under suspicion' is a better way of describing it.

Having a 'cheap shot'? - It's called having an opinion mate. It's what this forum is all about. Does that oblige me to run for the exec? Well if that's the case I guess the exec will be overwhelmed with nominees from this forum next season

All very valid and relevant points you have raised and has been stated on here previously, looking over the past and present Senior GF teams - YCCC, KCC, DSCC and AWCC all of those sides would have been paying more than 2 players.

Is it not a catch 22 situation though by bringing in the points system i.e. players not getting paid will go to other comps so the standard of the VTCA will drop?

Why doesn't the VTCA just scrap the 2 paid system and be done with it. Affidavits will not solve the problem. If clubs want to pay $50k-$60k for outsiders instead of playing juniors then when the money drys up and the players leave, the club can fend for themselves. RPBCC, MCC and SCCC were fighting for spots in the four and I doubt they would have excessive player payments so if you chose you players correctly and wisely, you can still be successful without spending a fortune.

There are 4 things certain in life - death, taxes, Clubs will always pay players and players will always chase $$$$$.

Funny!!! we have umpires, players but no-one knows where we are playing!!! The vtca works in mysterious ways.

Calypso King;333016 said:
Law Who?? Soft Pom that could once play!! Didnt realise the achillies started in the chest!!
He and Moughanie and the rest of the seagulls are pretenders and that will be shown this weekend if the rain stays away!!

Go Hoppers!!

not sure why you would mention Danny and Tarek in the same breath. One can play , the other well............... Rate 6-7 ahead of him for importance to cy's

OnTheLookout;335399 said:
have venues been announced yet for grand finals ??? not on vtca website that i could see ?

senoir a final is at altona north, clubs and (hopefully) curators know. Radio on sunday was saying info onto website thursday

jika jika;335598 said:
not sure why you would mention Danny and Tarek in the same breath. One can play , the other well............... Rate 6-7 ahead of him for importance to cy's

Jika, Congrats on getting into the gf and Senior Div next year. Awsome effort by all at your club. All the best for the last 2 weekends coming up. How were the nerves last Sun?

leroy1304;335593 said:
Funny!!! we have umpires, players but no-one knows where we are playing!!! The vtca works in mysterious ways.

Senior Divvy at Port Melbourne i think that is a good move by vtca
as it is a cricket ground not a park oval.Spotty and Altona have had
their chance and thats what happens when you prepare sub standard
wickets for G.F

Too Old Body Broke;335659 said:
Jika, Congrats on getting into the gf and Senior Div next year. Awsome effort by all at your club. All the best for the last 2 weekends coming up. How were the nerves last Sun?

Hoppers were always going too choke? TOBB i hear a old team mate
of mine is having a talk too your boys?How much is he charging?:D

century scorer;335682 said:
wickets for G.F

Good luck with the wicket at Port..........judging by their semi final scores about 240 runs for 30 wickets.....might be a short Granny.........:eek:

century scorer;335682 said:
wickets for G.F

Spotty and Altona have been "punished" by having to host North A and Senior A respectively....

Too Old Body Broke;335659 said:

Rossy, you need to make a comeback to the 1sts next year, I dont want to be the oldest player in senior by to far. Nerves were alright actually, find it easier to be batting than watching in those situations. Good luck to your blokes as well. Jacko told me after we played your blokes mid season that you had a really strong side. Any room for Johnsey this week. Hear he's averaging plenty in one of your sides. Was it true our nightwatchman in the 2nds ran off mid over to get a helmet. Who says your tobb.

Not Just Empty Words;335354 said:
Also mentioned at the last meeting was that a Points system was in the final stages of development and would be put to clubs shortly for their input

This was the meeting of last wednesday at Spotswood, not the East Malvern meeting as you have suggested.
As mentioned yesterday, it is not far away from being put to the clubs for their input. At which point hopefully the Exec and the clubs can work together to ensure its success.
Having an opinion is what this forum is all about, but please remember that BigCricket is not the only way to voice your opinion, and as someone who obviously cares maybe we need to hear from you in some of the meetings a little more often. That was the point I was trying to make.

A little baffling they would first flag it at the semi-finalists meeting. I would have thought the Pres/Sec or delegate's meeting, when all clubs are congregated, would've been a more appropriate forum.

Agree with your sentiment that clubs and the exec need to work together and I'll been to keen to see what's in the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back