VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

If you basing your judgement of someone on the fact he bowled too much and didn't have a beer with you after the game then you wouldn't be a fan of a lot of club cricketers i'm guessing. Looks like a case of people trying to have a pop at another good player in the vtca on hearsay.Get over it.

I am staggered that Danny attracts a bad rap from some of you guys. I play in CY's 2's and can vouch that the work he has done with all guys at the club this year has been outstanding. From one's players down to turning up at Milo cricket to help out, nothing is too much trouble and he does it all with a smile on his face. I've seen him regularly having a beer and chat to opposing sides. Time to quit the ill informed crap.

Martyandmumblestaylor;341229 said:
Presentation night we will need the Armour Guard truck out the front
when we collect the flag,batting average,club championship and what ever
food is left after Dan and Rubble make there presence felt.:D:p:)

Might give presentation night a miss,what a week woke up tuesday
morning and found what i thought was a chicken nugget on my chest
took a bite and chipped two teeth bloody premiership medal.Then off
on trip too Gold Coast the woman there thought i was a Italian weight
lifter with a Gold medal from the Olympics its amazing what a medal
can get you into.D p

jacko66;342030 said:
I am staggered that Danny attracts a bad rap from some of you guys. I play in CY's 2's and can vouch that the work he has done with all guys at the club this year has been outstanding. From one's players down to turning up at Milo cricket to help out, nothing is too much trouble and he does it all with a smile on his face. I've seen him regularly having a beer and chat to opposing sides. Time to quit the ill informed crap.

Its just jealousy Jacko. I get it all the time when i play .People say i smell but its just people who are jealous of my talents.

Your Mate Mick Megne.

Mick Megne;342274 said:
Its just jealousy Jacko. I get it all the time when i play .People say i smell but its just people who are jealous of my talents.

Your Mate Mick Megne.
That's true people are jealous of my eating ability and so they sledge me cause I don't talk to people. I want to talk to people but my mum always said it was rude to talk with food in my mouth so I never get a chance to say anything other than the odd grunt or pass the sauce.

After a 75 year association with the Churches competition the Altona Roosters, formerly Yarraville Baptists have been forced to make the tough decision to leave the churches comp in the turf grades for obvious reasons as you may well be aware.

I would formally like to invite any parties interested in joining us on our quest to greener pastures.

The Altona Roosters are also looking for an experienced person/persons to help take us to the next level…

Remuneration will be considered based on Communication skills, Experience, Ability and Knowledge.

Rest assured you will be supported by a club that has Stability, unity, vision and a committed administration.

We hope to inject some youth and experience to our list moving forward.

We have 4 senior teams and 3 junior teams 11’s, 13’s, and as of next year 15’s.

Ninety percent of our current first X1 are in their early twenties and we believe we show a lot of promise moving forward.

If you are looking for a fulfilling and rewarding challenge this is it!

We can be contacted on Western Suburban Churches Cricket Association blog - send Big Coq, Tram or Roosters Hack a private message.

Does anyone know when the vote count for the Paxino etc will take place.

Who is favourite??? Porter or O'keefe???? No one else should go close... Mullaney had good stats but a lot of 2nd innings scores or wickets. Im tipping Porter just - if finals were included O;Keefe easy!

JUSTCALLME X;342716 said:
Does anyone know when the vote count for the Paxino etc will take place.

Who is favourite??? Porter or O'keefe???? No one else should go close... Mullaney had good stats but a lot of 2nd innings scores or wickets. Im tipping Porter just - if finals were included O;Keefe easy!

VTCA Presentation Night. Fri 17th April. Details are on website....

can anyone tell me how the captain/coach of spotty went this season? Will he be going around again or has he had a better offer?

southern sledge;333978 said:
News out of Mckinnon is that the very popular Chris Hall is heading to Frankston next season as coach and skipper of the seconds. They will find it very hard to replace him as he along with White carried them for the season.

Chris Hall still has a year to go on his contract at McKinnon and will see that out. They struggle to keep him after that id think.. Pretty sure White has signed for another yr as well.

Heard mullaney lookin for a premier club and the russell bros leaving south caulfield??

Mullaney is looking to play District cricket next year, most likely at Melbourne or St Kilda.

And as for the Russell Bros leaving SCCC, whoever your source is for that has sucked you in big time.

hey boys i am from geelong and i was wondering if you know any quality bat/bowler moving or would play down here in geelong.. poss coach? i play at a club that has played finals/flags since 2000??????

Not Out;344666 said:
Mullaney is looking to play District cricket next year, most likely at Melbourne or St Kilda.

And as for the Russell Bros leaving SCCC, whoever your source is for that has sucked you in big time.

Just said ive heard mate, wasnt confirmed as indicated by the question marks but thanks for clearing that.....
And would doubt Mullaney would go to st.kilda after their lancashire players lgot called back just before the finals this year possibly costing them a flag.

Troy;344899 said:
Just said ive heard mate, wasnt confirmed as indicated by the question marks but thanks for clearing that.....
And would doubt Mullaney would go to st.kilda after their lancashire players lgot called back just before the finals this year possibly costing them a flag.

Except one of them won the Ryder and was probably the reason they got into the finals in the first place.

After last night's extraordinary general meeting:
The Altona Roosters have now officially joined the VTCA and will be starting in North B1/B2.
We are aware that this change will not be easy but with the dedicated people we have on board we are more than confidant this move will be a successfull one.
The most heartening part was that the vote was unanimous.

We are actively seeking players to join us on our new path especially all those disgruntled Church players.

We have already spoken to 3 potential coaches and will continue to look for players.
We hope to announce our perspective coach by the end of the month.
Potential players or coaches please send a pm as our door is open and will entertain any expressions of interest.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHALLENGE

BigCoq;345088 said:
After last night's extraordinary general meeting:
The Altona Roosters have now officially joined the VTCA and will be starting in North B1/B2.
We are aware that this change will not be easy but with the dedicated people we have on board we are more than confidant this move will be a successfull one.
The most heartening part was that the vote was unanimous.

We are actively seeking players to join us on our new path especially all those disgruntled Church players.

We have already spoken to 3 potential coaches and will continue to look for players.
We hope to announce our perspective coach by the end of the month.
Potential players or coaches please send a pm as our door is open and will entertain any expressions of interest.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHALLENGE

Welcome aboard Big un. Wish you all the best. :)

Any news on the paxino? Missed out on Pres Night this year and the powers that be avent uploaded the presentation night version of leading edge! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back