VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

mas cambios;366612 said:
Ok, you lot are about a post away from having red cards dished out and this thread closed.

Cut out the crap, leave out the personal comments and get back to what you're meant to be talking about.

mas, im sure you feel like royalty on this website telling everyone what to do, it has to make you feel like your something special. People can talk however they want mate, they dont need a keyboard king enforcing their rules which i could be wrong but i havent seen a rules page.
And the fixtures are up

crazycricket;366867 said:
mas, im sure you feel like royalty on this website telling everyone what to do, it has to make you feel like your something special. People can talk however they want mate, they dont need a keyboard king enforcing their rules which i could be wrong but i havent seen a rules page.
And the fixtures are up

No, you can't talk however you want. When you sign up to BigCricket, you agree to heed by the Terms and Conditions specified by BIG which means you are free to post as long as you don't contravene the rules.

This site is a not a free-for-all, it's a place for you guys to talk about your own competition, one of few sites which would let cricketers discuss topics on the comp that they themselves are a part of.

Not only are able to talk about your own competition, you are also representing the association you are a part of and outsiders seeing the abuse and rubbish hurled around of late doesn't give off a welcoming impression.

If you don't want to post constructively then you are free to leave at anytime but posters who ruin the forum for the others will start losing access.

crazycricket;366867 said:
And the fixtures are up

I love it man, I just can't help waving my e-penis around. Makes up for the pitiful empty hole that my life really is, I'm fat, bald, dole and live with my mum.

Seriously, do you think I actually want to babysit you lot? If you could abide by a few simple rules, leave out the insults, snide comments, stirring and whatever, I'd happily stay out of here. There is a boundary, a line where 'banter' is acceptable but you all have to cross it - I struggle to believe at times that many of you are older than 14/15.

As LJP says, we provide you with a service, a platform for you to talk about the competition you play in with others. We ask for no money, we keep advertising to a bare minimum and we work (for free) to keep things running as smoothly as we can. I have said in the past that I will happily close the club section down - this is not an idle threat and if things keep getting out hand then I will go down this route.

You should also remember that you and others who post here are representing your competition. This thread is hardly a glowing endorsement of it and I know that if I were looking to play cricket in your area I'd have second thoughts about the VTCA based on what I see in here. It's also worth bearing in mind that the competition organisers etc also take an interest in this site.

I will concede that at the moment the rules are not easily found, I'll rectify that shortly. However, you play under a Spirit of Cricket in the VTCA, think of that as a guide for how to post on here.

Bad call acusing MC of being a "keyboard hero" when all you guys are doing is dishing out cheap insults and trying to denigrate players whilst sitting behind your own computer! No need to be so childish.

Back to the cricket, how is everyone looking for a start this week? After the rain this week I think a lot of grounds would be struggling to get wickets up.

how would the VTCA points system work in this instance?

bloke X has played cricket for club Y since the mid 90's but gives up cricket at the end of 01/02, just before the invention of resultsvault/mycricket.

bloke X decides to play cricket again for club Y in 2007/8. all of bloke X's results prior to 2007/8 are not entered into resultsvault/mycricket.

how many points is bloke X worth?

DizzyGillepsie;367089 said:

bloke X has played cricket for club Y since the mid 90's but gives up cricket at the end of 01/02, just before the invention of resultsvault/mycricket.

bloke X decides to play cricket again for club Y in 2007/8. all of bloke X's results prior to 2007/8 are not entered into resultsvault/mycricket.

Common sense dictates that there has to be a cut off point. Set an arbitrary figure and then deduct a point per year the player is inactive for example.

DizzyGillepsie;367089 said:

Depends on the VTCA division of cricket he played in 2007/8. Also depends who he would be playing cricket for in 2009/10, Club Y or someone else.

Points system rules are on the website, fairly easy to follow.

How can Rutley play for APW if he signed with RPB? Did he sign a contract? If so, do RPB have a leg to stand on?

Not Just Empty Words;367118 said:
Depends on the VTCA division of cricket he played in 2007/8. Also depends who he would be playing cricket for in 2009/10, Club Y or someone else.

Points system rules are on the website, fairly easy to follow.

bloke X has only played for club Y since the mid 90, never been a professional, and doesn't intend moving away from club Y. Bloke X had never played 1sts prior to 2008/9. According to the easy to follow rules, bloke X would be worth 5 points, same as a subbie 1's player or premier 2's player. how do you even begin to compare the two.

isn't the point system supposed to reward players who have come up through the system?

century scorer;367326 said:
Arrived then went home?:confused:

Looks like The Money Men have taken over,or bought
out Rockbank cc judging by all the recruits.;)

nah there is one here what comp rockbank in ????

No surprise that cricket has been called off for the 3rd and 4th.....noone seriously expected to play on the first day of round one... we never do!

I see there's been a heap of player movement amongst north Snr Div teams, but very little in the south.

M. Pearson from Hampton to McKinnon - long term Hampton player now looking for 'greener pastures' in Snr Div? Will be interesting to see how he slots in there and what role he plays?

A. Grey - St Kilda 2nd's to Sth Caulfield - Top-oder bat with modest 08/09record (avg 14), although 4 50's last season suggests he can bat. Dare say he never threatened 1st team selection?

Thoughts?

southern sledge;367543 said:
Maybe not as over 40 overseas players have been knocked back by Canberra

got this of the ancc web site......

WELL-KNOWN Torbay cricketer Andy Pugh was been refused entrance to Australia this week over a visa wrangle.

The batsman, who played for Brixham in the summer, was hoping to travel Down Under and play cricket during the country's summer season.

Members of Melbourne's Altona North Cricket Club, where he holds the club record score of 277 runs, had arranged to pick him up at the airport when he landed on Tuesday morning.

But when the former Devon and Barton Cricket Club player did not call the club, members discovered he was being questioned in the airport's interrogation rooms by immigration officials.

After about 10 hours, without setting foot outside the airport, he was put back on a plane for England, and is now back home again.

The Herald Express spoke to Mr Pugh yesterday, but he did not want to comment.

Lee Elmore, captain of Altona North's, has known Mr Pugh since they played together as youngsters for Barton Cricket Club.

He said: "The call from Andy never came, and then we heard he was going back to England. He got questioned and held in one of the airport's interrogation rooms.

"We wanted to see him there, but they wouldn't let anyone see him. It was disappointing, but immigration is pretty strict here.

"I'm not sure what was said between the club and immigration."

Many of South Devon's young cricketers go to Australia for the summer season.

Typically, they get a working visa that enables them to find employment for a limited period while also playing cricket.

It is understood immigration officials at the Melbourne airport raised concerns over Mr Pugh's visa.

They were not satisfied, so he was refused entry.

Mr Elmore added: "Andy used to come out here in the mid-90s, but he hasn't actually been here to play in maybe 10 years.

"He came earlier this year on holiday, and some senior club members said it would be good to have him back for a last season.

"Everyone's been looking forward to seeing him, to see how good he is. He's thought of pretty highly within the club. He's a bit of a legend — holding the club record score of 277.

"Having him here would have been a summer with friends and he would've played a bit of cricket.

"We're in disbelief about what's happened. It's a shock. A lot of the guys are asking how it happened."

fredbassett;367728 said:
got this of the ancc web site......

WELL-KNOWN Torbay cricketer Andy Pugh was been refused entrance to Australia this week over a visa wrangle.

The batsman, who played for Brixham in the summer, was hoping to travel Down Under and play cricket during the country's summer season.

Members of Melbourne's Altona North Cricket Club, where he holds the club record score of 277 runs, had arranged to pick him up at the airport when he landed on Tuesday morning.

But when the former Devon and Barton Cricket Club player did not call the club, members discovered he was being questioned in the airport's interrogation rooms by immigration officials.

After about 10 hours, without setting foot outside the airport, he was put back on a plane for England, and is now back home again.

The Herald Express spoke to Mr Pugh yesterday, but he did not want to comment.

Lee Elmore, captain of Altona North's, has known Mr Pugh since they played together as youngsters for Barton Cricket Club.

He said: "The call from Andy never came, and then we heard he was going back to England. He got questioned and held in one of the airport's interrogation rooms.

"We wanted to see him there, but they wouldn't let anyone see him. It was disappointing, but immigration is pretty strict here.

"I'm not sure what was said between the club and immigration."

Many of South Devon's young cricketers go to Australia for the summer season.

Typically, they get a working visa that enables them to find employment for a limited period while also playing cricket.

It is understood immigration officials at the Melbourne airport raised concerns over Mr Pugh's visa.

They were not satisfied, so he was refused entry.

Mr Elmore added: "Andy used to come out here in the mid-90s, but he hasn't actually been here to play in maybe 10 years.

"He came earlier this year on holiday, and some senior club members said it would be good to have him back for a last season.

"Everyone's been looking forward to seeing him, to see how good he is. He's thought of pretty highly within the club. He's a bit of a legend — holding the club record score of 277.

"Having him here would have been a summer with friends and he would've played a bit of cricket.

"We're in disbelief about what's happened. It's a shock. A lot of the guys are asking how it happened."

So we might start seeing some of these boys on future episodes of 'Border Security'?!!!... I know our club hasn't had a problem with recent pommy imports - seems without a Working Holiday Visa you might be in a bit of strife!

Southern Son;367721 said:
I see there's been a heap of player movement amongst north Snr Div teams, but very little in the south.

M. Pearson from Hampton to McKinnon - long term Hampton player now looking for 'greener pastures' in Snr Div? Will be interesting to see how he slots in there and what role he plays?

A. Grey - St Kilda 2nd's to Sth Caulfield - Top-oder bat with modest 08/09record (avg 14), although 4 50's last season suggests he can bat. Dare say he never threatened 1st team selection?

Thoughts?

Fair chance pearson will do quite well this year at McKinnon. I hear the 2nd's have been struggling of late so he will be a handy inclusion for their 2nd's team. quite clearly not good enough to play senior division going on last years game against the heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back