VTCA Cricket - General Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Cricket - General Chat

DizzyGillepsie;367089 said:
how would the VTCA points system work in this instance?

bloke X has played cricket for club Y since the mid 90's but gives up cricket at the end of 01/02, just before the invention of resultsvault/mycricket.

bloke X decides to play cricket again for club Y in 2007/8. all of bloke X's results prior to 2007/8 are not entered into resultsvault/mycricket.

how many points is bloke X worth?

Dizzy,

If a club doesn't think a points allocation for a player is fair there is an independent committee set up to review. No system can be perfect and cater for every possible situation, but this points thing will work better than the completly unenforcable old 2 paid player rule

DizzyGillepsie;367141 said:
bloke X has only played for club Y since the mid 90, never been a professional, and doesn't intend moving away from club Y. Bloke X had never played 1sts prior to 2008/9. According to the easy to follow rules, bloke X would be worth 5 points, same as a subbie 1's player or premier 2's player. how do you even begin to compare the two.

isn't the point system supposed to reward players who have come up through the system?

If this is a true senario, take it to the independant review committee

Jika, thanks for your explanation mate. bottom line is that the points system is streets ahead of the 2 paid player rule and i guess you are going to get a few isolated cases here and there.

Points system , something needed to be done so well done to VTCA for having a go.
Time will be the judge if this is the best/fair system, can only hope if over the years we find it not to be the best system VTCA are again proactive and not afraid to make changes.

THe problem i have with the current way points system works is why not leave the restrctions of 1 Overseas player in the 1X1. I believe that was a good rule and VTCA should have kept that rule.

If a club wants and can afford more than 1 overseas player good luck to 'em but they should be allowed to play only 1 OS bloke in their 1X1 in a match. I reckon otherwise this rule is open to abuse.

Kev Davis;367788 said:
Fair chance pearson will do quite well this year at McKinnon. I hear the 2nd's have been struggling of late so he will be a handy inclusion for their 2nd's team. quite clearly not good enough to play senior division going on last years game against the heat

You are a flog. The bloke made runs and took wickets against Yarraville the eventual Premier. Your picking out one game he played and making a judgement that he cant play senior division, such a stupid view. Fact is he's played 1s at Hampton the last 7 years so I doubt he'll be in the 2s at McKinnon.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;367980 said:
You are a flog. The bloke made runs and took wickets against Yarraville the eventual Premier. Your picking out one game he played and making a judgement that he cant play senior division, such a stupid view. Fact is he's played 1s at Hampton the last 7 years so I doubt he'll be in the 2s at McKinnon.

North i wouldn't call him that.

I got a yellow card for using that word once :D

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;367980 said:

You'd be a pathetic lawyer wouldn't you boss????? not exactly a great argument you make!!!!!!!!!!

Your also picking out ONE game and pumping him up the date!!!!!!!! are you forgetting that i played another 7 games with him last year where he done Sweet F A. i don't really think your rash statement backs up your view that i'm a "FLOG".

here's a few stats to back up my statement:

1 Run against Doutta - RELEGATED

2 runs against McKinnon

2 runs against keilor

1 run against Old Essendon

and i wouldn't really call 30 and 2wkts a decent performance when your defending 240!!!! especially when docksey hits 40 odd batting at 9 and takes 4 Wkts and nick greenwood hits 40 and takes 3 wkts.

scored a smashing total of 106 runs in senior div in 07/08,
136 runs in senior A a year or 2 before

not exactly flattering stats are they??????

as for playing at hampton for 7 seasons, your forgetting 2 of those have been in senior div, the rest below.

maybe you should just hush hush ya nuffy, and before you start calling peopl a "FLOG" again make sure you can put up a better counter argument

southern sledge;367543 said:
Maybe not as over 40 overseas players have been knocked back by Canberra

i think i would know if they had arrived or not seeing so i play with them

ANCC;368145 said:
i think i would know if they had arrived or not seeing so i play with them

What happened with Stonehouse and not signing a personal affidavit? One of 4 who didn't and who've been de-registered

Southern Son;368414 said:
What happened with Stonehouse and not signing a personal affidavit? One of 4 who didn't and who've been de-registered

It's Funny that this comp has to go to such extreme measures.

I was talking to Piercy from Port Melbourne the other day and he said, 7 or 8 of those things were signed at his club and everyone of them lied.

What is the penalty for lying?

Darwin Cricket;368441 said:

I was talking to Piercy from Port Melbourne the other day and he said, 7 or 8 of those things were signed at his club and everyone of them lied.

250 lashings

Southern Son;368414 said:

he isnt playing this year so im not too sure about that one

Darwin Cricket;368441 said:

Under the Act a person who wilfully makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence and may be fined or jailed, or both.

CLOCKER;368630 said:
Under the Act a person who wilfully makes a false statement in a statutory declaration is guilty of an offence and may be fined or jailed, or both.

That serious... Well maybe that club or at the very least their president that was running the club last year needs to be held accountable.
Makes for a not so honest comp.

Why does the comp put up with this and not do something about it?

Darwin Cricket;368641 said:
That serious... Well maybe that club or at the very least their president that was running the club last year needs to be held accountable.
Makes for a not so honest comp.

Why does the comp put up with this and not do something about it?
well there is the points system....

underarm bowler;368655 said:
Keep an eye out for the overseas at St Bernards...Duncan Snell should do pretty well at this level.

I think you'll find he played there about 5 seasons ago. Quality cricketer and from all reports has improved leaps and bounds since then with big scores back in York. Left hand bat who will get big runs at some stage of the year I'm tipping. Quality bloke off the ground too I hear.

Any predictions for Senior division this season???

Canary Yellow;368750 said:
Any predictions for Senior division this season???
Hard to say. I think most clubs have recruited well due to the points system which I guess can only be good for the competition.
By the way, I think it's good that they've realigned the 2nds with the 1sts. Anyone got an opinion on this?

Prediction/Stating the Obvious:

YC and APW to be strong again, RPB to struggle after losing a few back to Nth Melb, SC side to remain fairly unchanged and middle of the road like always....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back