VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best cricketers in the VTCA

Mick Megne;230923 said:
If i was going to lie about who i really am,i would at least use the name of a crap cricketer.

Do you play with your nipples while you cross dress? Agent Starling is looking for you, and the girl you've stashed in your basement.

Any teams looking for Sponsorship please private message me.

My company is a Telecommunications that sell Mobiles, 1300/1800 and business phones.

I am looking to sponsor a few cricket clubs.

old hack;231690 said:
Any teams looking for Sponsorship please private message me.

My company is a Telecommunications that sell Mobiles, 1300/1800 and business phones.

I am looking to sponsor a few cricket clubs.

Gibby? is that you?

Re: VTCA Thread

been there done that;231801 said:
A bit quiet on here lately, any news on comings and goings? The green trackie brigade appear to have lost quite a few, anyone from YCCC confirm?

If we miss the finals ,i'd be very surprised. Couple of new "unknowns" who will adequately fill in for the retirements , and more.
Pre - season starts in 3 weeks and all the boys sound keen.
Any keen young cricketers should get down to Cooper St on 6th of Sep for our 1st session.

been there done that;231801 said:
A bit quiet on here lately, any news on comings and goings? The green trackie brigade appear to have lost quite a few, anyone from YCCC confirm?

Apparently new coach Baker has laid the law down from the start
he has told them to stay off B/C they have been training for 2 weeks.

So come on guys - wots the go on recruiting? And save the rumours, just hard and fast facts! Whos picked up who and whos left? Im more focused on the Notrh sides so let it rip. Has Greenvale really got OKeefe? They might go straight through North A if they have recruited as well as rumoured. Are Albion gone(recess)? Have Airport West picked up all these guys or what? Where is Jones playing? Albers gone to Aber Park. Is Perera staying at Moonee Valley? Jacana changed personnel at all? Strathmore lose any? Wheres Zarodhini playing? Tulla any changes? Have Aberfeldie improved now theyre back to North B?
Also how are grounds looking as they still seem a bit bare to me. Will we get through the whole season?
Wot about the 2 teams up 2 teams down relegation change now?

Snagglepuss;232765 said:
So come on guys - wots the go on recruiting? And save the rumours, just hard and fast facts! Whos picked up who and whos left? Im more focused on the Notrh sides so let it rip. Has Greenvale really got OKeefe? They might go straight through North A if they have recruited as well as rumoured. Are Albion gone(recess)? Have Airport West picked up all these guys or what? Where is Jones playing? Albers gone to Aber Park. Is Perera staying at Moonee Valley? Jacana changed personnel at all? Strathmore lose any? Wheres Zarodhini playing? Tulla any changes? Have Aberfeldie improved now theyre back to North B?
Also how are grounds looking as they still seem a bit bare to me. Will we get through the whole season?

Snagglepuss are you related 2 vic police?More questions than question time
at parliment house.

Re: VTCA - Season 2006

Playing to win;232750 said:
i was just wondering dose anyone no how flemington are looking this year??

Playing to win, The Flem where a pretty strong unit last year but unfortunately played Greenvale in the semi. I know they have picked up a guy from Wodonga to captain coach them this year. From all reports he may not be as strong as they thought, he played cricket with Kinross who ventured there last year. Kinross was recovering from a knee and I think he will equip himself well this year. Problem with Flem is their bowling is the same old same old, no real variation. You can't have a batting line up needing to make plenty to win games. They'll make finals this year and I think if they keep their strongest side on the park they'll go close. If Weribee Centrals have been able to hold onto their opening bowler fom last year they'll be extremely hard to beat. 2 up 2 down promotion system? If that's right it may give a side or two a chance to play better cricket, having said that i think it puts some great pressure whne you need to win the flag to go up. Greenvale perfect example from 2006/07, the weather forced them to play another year in B1:)

Snagglepuss;232765 said:

West Newport gone back to Willi comp, and theres roumours of another side going, not sure who though.

Werribee will be tough to top especially if Edrich is still playing there? I believe they started pre-season pretty early this year so it might get them into shape. Flemington around the mark but do lack a spinner to add variety. Pretty young side though too I think so may get better with time. If Jacana can get some runs this year they might be dangerous. What about the might Baptists? Whats happening out their way? Maybe Cheequee can provide an update there? Is Khajawa playing again? North B might be a pretty even comp this year with Greenvale now out of the picture.

Snagglepuss;232999 said:
Werribee will be tough to top especially if Edrich is still playing there? I believe they started pre-season pretty early this year so it might get them into shape. Flemington around the mark but do lack a spinner to add variety. Pretty young side though too I think so may get better with time. If Jacana can get some runs this year they might be dangerous. What about the might Baptists? Whats happening out their way? Maybe Cheequee can provide an update there? Is Khajawa playing again? North B might be a pretty even comp this year with Greenvale now out of the picture.

Snagglepuss, you'll find KB will be last if young Khajawa doesn't play. He was overseas for the first 5 games last year and I think he won them at least 3 or 4 when he did arive back. Edrich is far too good for this comp and unfortunately Crea smashed him last year with the amount of overs he bowled, whenever he was in a hole the ball was thrown to him sometimes after only 2 or 3 over breaks. Heard a rumour Crea will be at another club this year. Jacana are written off every year but finish ok, Rick Hudson made a huge difference to them last year. Aberfeldie you would think should be ok coming back but have only won 2or3 games for 2 years! M/V maybe the surprise packet this year, with Perara back and the wickets being on the money at their home ground he could make 700 runs this year, if you have someone making that many the side usually goes ok. He is comfortably the best bat in the comp by the length of the pitch! Werribee, Flemington, Aberfeldie Park and Jacana will be the top four this year with Werribee and Flemington playing in the big. Value bet will be Moonee Valley@|

I'm not affiliated with Baptists mate, but I do agree that they need Khawaja in their side badly. He usually carries them to wins but they really can't wait until round 4 or 5 to get him, they want him from the start if possible...

Same deal with Perera from Moonee Valley. if they have him from round 1, he will score a truck-load of runs. They should be pushing for a finals berth.

Flemington will be up & around there as usual, solid side, never easy to play against. Jacana have a very good bowling line up, 150 is usually enough for them with Siriawardene taking the wickets and maybe Bennett back from injury this season which will give them a big boost.

Centrals should go in as flag favourites but if Phil Crea leaves then that is not good news for them, Edrich & Taylor (left-armer, i think that's his name?) opening the bowling is impressive & they seem to find the runs from their top 6 each week.

No idea wat Aberfeldie will be like, been about 4 years since they were in Nth B, but from all reports they will be contenders. Very hard to go down & straight up again though.

Aberfeldie Park are always in the mix, old heads serve them well & a good bunch of blokes too, rate their chances.

Craigieburn are a young side which should improve & with Greenvale gone this will be a very open season. Anyone's flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back