VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Guru14;233625 said:
That's right, Aberfeldie probably the worst performing side in any grade over an extended period get another life in A1. I've also been told that not all sides in the mix from last year were offered a place in A1 from the B1 comp. It will be an interesting year this 14 rounds, Ashok P from M/Valley could make 1000 runs this year if he's there from the start of the season. Did I mention there will be a Sunday one day game in January to ensure each club plays each other twice? I think this scenario works a better than the bye and playing a side from the South. Greenvale and Jacana played 2 sides last year who would be lucky to win games in any comps. Greenvale 2 ourights against Clayton, Jacana outright against Parkdale U bowling them out for 18 in their second dig........ that's a joke!

Yeah, I think it's a good idea to play everyone twice (even if it means a Sunday match).
It's not ideal to play South teams because some of them are a disgrace (as u mentioned).

Interesting that Aberfeldie are getting another dip in A1, surely they'll be bottom again?

The info I heard was that VTCA had asked everyone from top to bottom in Nth B if they'd be interested in going up to Nth A.

Cash Man;233493 said:
Don't forget fellas - There are three South sides in Senior Div and six in Senior A. Don't drop your guard cos they might pounce.

Anyone got some South news?

All the South Caulfield and McKinnon rumblings seem to have gone quiet - who's been signed up? Have Brighton Dist, Beaumaris or MHSOB picked anyone up? - We never hear a word about those sides. Hampton or Bentleigh got any new fire power? Maccabi and Cheltenham look to have the same sides - can they step up?

Who's going to dominate South A this year? OM's look like they'll be very hard to beat but can Chelsea or even Mentone make an impact after falling 2 divisions?

Is anyone from the South posting on this thread?

Steven Cheetham from Cheltenham to take 50 wickets and break about 10 helmets and boxes.

Last year at OM's he told the No. 3 batsman, a fellow Pom, that the next ball would be short and probably hit him in the head. Sure enough next ball hit the bloke right between the eyes before he got out of his stance. Gave everyone in the field a good laugh.

CheeQuee;233652 said:
Yeah, I think it's a good idea to play everyone twice (even if it means a Sunday match).
It's not ideal to play South teams because some of them are a disgrace (as u mentioned).

Interesting that Aberfeldie are getting another dip in A1, surely they'll be bottom again?

The info I heard was that VTCA had asked everyone from top to bottom in Nth B if they'd be interested in going up to Nth A.

Confirmed abers will stay in north a, no one from north b wanted to go up. Unless coughlan bowles unchanged from one end for the entire year they will not add to their tally of 5 wins in 3 years

southern sledge;233596 said:
The Fergerson brothers have moved on from Hampton to Omega in the CMCA,why anyone would want to play in that comp is beyond me.$$$$$$$$$
Steve Mullarney from McKinnon to South Caulfield,couldn't blame him who would want to play with Hall.
All is quiet in South A

I think you will find it is just on of the Ferguson brothers who has gone to Omega - the older one Clint I think??? You are right about one thing big $$$$$$$$$ clinched it. Lot of money in the CMCA - not as much as the VTCA in the north - but enough to pick up some handy cricketers.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;233682 said:
I think you will find it is just on of the Ferguson brothers who has gone to Omega - the older one Clint I think??? You are right about one thing big $$$$$$$$$ clinched it. Lot of money in the CMCA - not as much as the VTCA in the north - but enough to pick up some handy cricketers.

Fair to say Hampton will survive without little Clint, 120 @ 13.33 last season, not much better the year before. Might have a bit more luck on the hard wickets but wouldn't justify big cash.

Justin remains CC at Hampton, one of the more underpaid players in the VTCA for the work he puts in there.

Cash Man;233684 said:
Fair to say Hampton will survive without little Clint, 120 @ 13.33 last season, not much better the year before. Might have a bit more luck on the hard wickets but wouldn't justify big cash.

Justin remains CC at Hampton, one of the more underpaid players in the VTCA for the work he puts in there.
Remember their playing on a wicket that is as bad as Brighton East,Clint might have got sick of it

Heard Hampton have picked up a decent Pom too, batter who can bowl spin.Which is handy as a lot of league cricketers don't seem to play spin well!!!!.The pitch was ok last year down there as they had a new groundsman.Seems everyone has a decent opinion of Hall...from what i recall no far off the truth!

underarm bowler;233596 said:
Heard Hampton have picked up a decent Pom too, batter who can bowl spin.Which is handy as a lot of league cricketers don't seem to play spin well!!!!.The pitch was ok last year down there as they had a new groundsman.Seems everyone has a decent opinion of Hall...from what i recall no far off the truth!

On South A, OM's have retained Searry and picked up a quality Kiwi bat.

Highett have lost Cleland to retirement. He's been a top quality player in an ordinary side. Was a great swap for Hall three years ago.

Cash Man;233791 said:
On South A, OM's have retained Searry and picked up a quality Kiwi bat.

Highett have lost Cleland to retirement. He's been a top quality player in an ordinary side. Was a great swap for Hall three years ago.

has to be bullshit.... "quality kiwi bat" is an oxymoron

2 years too late

Don't you hate it when you find a site like this 2 years after it started:mad:

I've spent all day reading the good the bad and the crap but it's got me sucked in now.

Anyone got any more gos about NWCA:D

Do teams in the North A competition still have to play on Abers' undulating and under prepared wicket? It is not uncommon for the opposition to be trying to start their underused roller to prepare the wicket on game day.

As for West Newport, thank you for sparing those afternoon teas you served up!

Thank you St. Bernard's for leaving the North A competition. You have done us all a favour. Now the Senior A competition can deal with you.

"And he's our Heywood Jablowme- And I ask you is he any good?"

Heywood Jablowme;233856 said:
Do teams in the North A competition still have to play on Abers' undulating and under prepared wicket? It is not uncommon for the opposition to be trying to start their underused roller to prepare the wicket on game day.

As for West Newport, thank you for sparing those afternoon teas you served up!

Thank you St. Bernard's for leaving the North A competition. You have done us all a favour. Now the Senior A competition can deal with you.

"And he's our Heywood Jablowme- And I ask you is he any good?"

Abers have one of the best curators going around unfortunately he can only do so much with the attitude they have down there. It was uncommon for a decision to be made that the covers be left off over night to ensure that a result obviously a defeat was taken out of the equation. It amazes me that we are passionate about our cricket yet we have clubs who are happy to not play rather than providing an opportunity to play. The football club also will not let 'Spider' near the place during the season which doesn't help the likelyhood of it playing reasonably. Says a lot for the womens cricket administrators when they decided to play a district final on that ground, I guess they were always going to get a result!:D

Guru14;233859 said:
Abers have one of the best curators going around unfortunately he can only do so much with the attitude they have down there. It was uncommon for a decision to be made that the covers be left off over night to ensure that a result obviously a defeat was taken out of the equation. It amazes me that we are passionate about our cricket yet we have clubs who are happy to not play rather than providing an opportunity to play. The football club also will not let 'Spider' near the place during the season which doesn't help the likelyhood of it playing reasonably. Says a lot for the womens cricket administrators when they decided to play a district final on that ground, I guess they were always going to get a result!:D

Meant to say not uncommon

superfreak;233677 said:
Steven Cheetham from Cheltenham to take 50 wickets and break about 10 helmets and boxes.

Last year at OM's he told the No. 3 batsman, a fellow Pom, that the next ball would be short and probably hit him in the head. Sure enough next ball hit the bloke right between the eyes before he got out of his stance. Gave everyone in the field a good laugh.

I dont remember Cheetham being that good champ. Maybe 25-30 wickets at best, and Chelt will need every one of those wickets.. will surely struggle in SenA

As for that "batsman", when he played us, he was offering the shot when it had hit the keepers gloves. He had no idea. Its like bowling bouncers at a cardboard cutout.

Silly Point;233932 said:
I dont remember Cheetham being that good champ. Maybe 25-30 wickets at best, and Chelt will need every one of those wickets.. will surely struggle in SenA

As for that "batsman", when he played us, he was offering the shot when it had hit the keepers gloves. He had no idea. Its like bowling bouncers at a cardboard cutout.

He took 30 wickets after Xmas last year, including bags or 7 and 6 in the finals. Once he became accustomed the line and length needed out here, he was near unplayable.

superfreak;233934 said:
Once he became accustomed the line and length needed out here, he was near unplayable, especially when he got the ball to reverse swing at about 140km's.

Sounds very fictional. Not sure why he's playing in the VTCA if he bowls like that.

Every chance Cheets and Cheltenham would have got a severe dose of reality had Lamb been playing in that Grand Final.

How certain are we that Abers will not be going down to North B and that the VTCA approached North B teams to see if they wanted to go up to North A? Because I know for a fact that they didnt approach some higher placed North B teams about that prospect of going up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back