VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

just wondering if vic police has any updates on gary turner its been a while now and i am concerned for his safety , his drinking has become a real problem and i just want to make sure he is alright......

there was a romour that he was going to captain a lower grade at the green and gold tracksuit wearing rats . any of you g.g.t.w.r know if this is true..

I hear Hoppers could be on their way to the Geelong league. This means St Bernards goes to Senior A and Aberfeldie stays in North A.

Anyone else heard the same thing?

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;233453 said:
I hear Hoppers could be on their way to the Geelong league. This means St Bernards goes to Senior A and Aberfeldie stays in North A.

Anyone else heard the same thing?

I can tell you St Bernards already have it on their website that they will be heading to Senior A. Is Albion still remaining in North A1, if so then with East Keilor coming back surely Aberfeldie need to head back to North B1 in 3 seasons they have won 5 games! If Aberfeldie were to stay in A1 and also Albion with East Keilor on the way back that would mean there would be a bye in the fixture for the season. That doesn't make sense to me, I have also heard their maybe a North B1 side heading back to the Willi comp, has anyone heard the same.:confused:

Guru14;233474 said:
I can tell you St Bernards already have it on their website that they will be heading to Senior A. Is Albion still remaining in North A1, if so then with East Keilor coming back surely Aberfeldie need to head back to North B1 in 3 seasons they have won 5 games! If Aberfeldie were to stay in A1 and also Albion with East Keilor on the way back that would mean there would be a bye in the fixture for the season. That doesn't make sense to me, I have also heard their maybe a North B1 side heading back to the Willi comp, has anyone heard the same.:confused:

Albion will remain in North A. St Bernards come up to Senior A instead.

Cheltenham, Maccabi and St Bernards move into Senior A while Mentone go to South A and East Keilor to North A. Chelsea move from Senior Div to South A to create the extra spot in Senior A.

APW obviously come up to Senior Div for Chelsea.

Amberfeldie go down to North B and Greenvale come up to North A.

East Malvern go down to South B and Moorabbin Park come up to South A.

Guru14;233474 said:
I have also heard their maybe a North B1 side heading back to the Willi comp, has anyone heard the same.:confused:

The only side that has gone back to the Willi Comp is West Newport.

There is a lot of people on the Willi Comp forum saying that teams from North B could go back but that is absolute rubbish.

Due to the fact that West Newport have left the VTCA, the league is apparently asking teams from North B to go up to Nth A so there isn't a bye in the fixture.

From what I've heard so far every team in North B have rejected the offer. I know for certain Jacana (who were runners-up to Greenvale) have knocked it back.

CheeQuee;233481 said:
The only side that has gone back to the Willi Comp is West Newport.

There is a lot of people on the Willi Comp forum saying that teams from North B could go back but that is absolute rubbish.

Due to the fact that West Newport have left the VTCA, the league is apparently asking teams from North B to go up to Nth A so there isn't a bye in the fixture.

From what I've heard so far every team in North B have rejected the offer. I know for certain Jacana (who were runners-up to Greenvale) have knocked it back.

Bearing this in mind, I would think there would be only one or two worthy of heading into A1 from last year and that would have been Flemington and maybe Werribee Centrals. From what Flemington were telling me last year they are moving their home games to the small ground on the corner of Racecourse & Ascot Vale roads as their ground will be used as a entry point for a new development, so maybe that may have had a bearing on their decision. Werribee not being interested comes as a surprise maybe they have lost a couple of players and don't think they will be that competitive

Don't forget fellas - There are three South sides in Senior Div and six in Senior A. Don't drop your guard cos they might pounce.

Anyone got some South news?

All the South Caulfield and McKinnon rumblings seem to have gone quiet - who's been signed up? Have Brighton Dist, Beaumaris or MHSOB picked anyone up? - We never hear a word about those sides. Hampton or Bentleigh got any new fire power? Maccabi and Cheltenham look to have the same sides - can they step up?

Who's going to dominate South A this year? OM's look like they'll be very hard to beat but can Chelsea or even Mentone make an impact after falling 2 divisions?

Is anyone from the South posting on this thread?

I can tell you the confirmation that North B1 will be an 8 side comp has been sent to the clubs. Each team will play each other twice. 7x 2 day and 7x 1 day games. A 14 round season which is only one more day of cricket which is a Sunday one day fixture.:D

Guru14;233474 said:

West Newport have gone to the Willi comp. This creates the spot for Abers.

Who are the contenders for Nth A Flag finals this season.
From what i have heard Greenvale will be hard to beat with their recruits(If the gossip/rumours are true). St Albans will be up there again, Tulla big improvers clubs like Keilor Park, Footscray United should be harder to beat, not heard much from seddon,Parkville Districts and others

There's also word around that Albion will struggle despite winning the Flag last year....they narrowly avoided relegation in 06/07 and won the comp last year.....Also heard that consistent finalist Avondale Heights are in for a big fall without Albers and some of their other prominent performers...don't know if all this is true....what do u folks think about North A Final contenders this year and who will be the Strugglers

Guru14;233488 said:
Bearing this in mind, I would think there would be only one or two worthy of heading into A1 from last year and that would have been Flemington and maybe Werribee Centrals. From what Flemington were telling me last year they are moving their home games to the small ground on the corner of Racecourse & Ascot Vale roads as their ground will be used as a entry point for a new development, so maybe that may have had a bearing on their decision. Werribee not being interested comes as a surprise maybe they have lost a couple of players and don't think they will be that competitive

You're spot on with that first comment.
You'd really only think that Jacana, Centrals or Flemington would be capable of being competitive in North A.
It's quite understandable that clubs are rejecting the offer of going up a division, if they haven't even won the flag. It's pretty demoralising to get thumped each weekend.

If Flemington are moving from Walter Street to that postage stamp on Ascot Vale Rd, they will certainly benefit from bonus points, cos they will be scoring 250+ in every home game!

Guru14;233498 said:
I can tell you the confirmation that North B1 will be an 8 side comp has been sent to the clubs. Each team will play each other twice. 7x 2 day and 7x 1 day games. A 14 round season which is only one more day of cricket which is a Sunday one day fixture.:D

So for that to happen, VTCA would need 1 side from Nth B to go up to Nth A or to drop out of the competition all together.

Not likely to happen as far as I can see.

Is South B having an even number of teams this season? B/cos last season instead of the Bye, a North B team played a South B team.
Everyone seemed pretty happy with that arrangement.

CheeQuee;233512 said:
So for that to happen, VTCA would need 1 side from Nth B to go up to Nth A or to drop out of the competition all together.

Not likely to happen as far as I can see.

Is South B having an even number of teams this season? B/cos last season instead of the Bye, a North B team played a South B team.
Everyone seemed pretty happy with that arrangement.

Greenvale up no one down, that leaves Flem, M/Valley, APCC, Crazyburn, W/Centrals, Seabrook, K/Baps and Jacana. That's 8 where I went to school apparently pretty much set in stone. The word is this season will see who is up to what with the likely hood of both A1 & B1 becoming 10 team divisions in season 2009/2010.

Sammy Patel who played with St Albans during the seasons 04/05 & 05/06 has just cracked into the English side. He played his first one dayer on Friday with figures of 1/42 off 10 over with the wicket of Herschelle Gibbs bowled in his first over.
The 2nd one dayer is tonight.

Guru14;233515 said:
Greenvale up no one down, that leaves Flem, M/Valley, APCC, Crazyburn, W/Centrals, Seabrook, K/Baps and Jacana. That's 8 where I went to school apparently pretty much set in stone. The word is this season will see who is up to what with the likely hood of both A1 & B1 becoming 10 team divisions in season 2009/2010.

So it's confirmed that Aberfeldie will be staying in North A1 is it?????

Cash Man;233493 said:
Don't forget fellas - There are three South sides in Senior Div and six in Senior A. Don't drop your guard cos they might pounce.

Anyone got some South news?

All the South Caulfield and McKinnon rumblings seem to have gone quiet - who's been signed up? Have Brighton Dist, Beaumaris or MHSOB picked anyone up? - We never hear a word about those sides. Hampton or Bentleigh got any new fire power? Maccabi and Cheltenham look to have the same sides - can they step up?

Who's going to dominate South A this year? OM's look like they'll be very hard to beat but can Chelsea or even Mentone make an impact after falling 2 divisions?

Is anyone from the South posting on this thread?
The Fergerson brothers have moved on from Hampton to Omega in the CMCA,why anyone would want to play in that comp is beyond me.$$$$$$$$$
Steve Mullarney from McKinnon to South Caulfield,couldn't blame him who would want to play with Hall.
All is quiet in South A

CheeQuee;233591 said:
So it's confirmed that Aberfeldie will be staying in North A1 is it?????

That's right, Aberfeldie probably the worst performing side in any grade over an extended period get another life in A1. I've also been told that not all sides in the mix from last year were offered a place in A1 from the B1 comp. It will be an interesting year this 14 rounds, Ashok P from M/Valley could make 1000 runs this year if he's there from the start of the season. Did I mention there will be a Sunday one day game in January to ensure each club plays each other twice? I think this scenario works a better than the bye and playing a side from the South. Greenvale and Jacana played 2 sides last year who would be lucky to win games in any comps. Greenvale 2 ourights against Clayton, Jacana outright against Parkdale U bowling them out for 18 in their second dig........ that's a joke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back