VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Uncle Windows;234857 said:
What is your reasoning that Avondale will a long season? The club is a strong position to be a competive team this year.

Well Uncle, firstly they have lost their captain coach who in the last 3 years has made 1,000 runs and taken over 100 wickets :eek: I would think to replace him would not be a walk in the park. The reason he may have moved on was because he never really felt comfortable down there and as with most local cricket clubs it's tough not being a local boy. Is Dodds back this year or are Avondale just going to fly him in for every game as they did in the finals. It's going to be tough going this year with the VTCA wanting to put 4 sides into B1, if that rumour is true and I believe it is Avondale will be hard pressed staying out of the danger zone. Uncle, I would love them to prove me wrong but I reckon I know enough about cricket to suggest they may be under the pump this year. If the vine is right then I would think Abers, Albion, Footscray, Avondale and maybe even one of the Keilor's might be there abouts. Time will tell!

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;234920 said:
Does the VTCA still maintain their website? No fixtures on it and Permits and Clerances say they will be up September 1 but there is nothing there|@

Looks like the executive put as much time into their website as they do policing the two paid players rule!!

They just updated the webiste... pushing the date back to September 10. Confirmation on all the player movement rumours will have to wait another week.

Guru14;234936 said:
Well Uncle, firstly they have lost their captain coach who in the last 3 years has made 1,000 runs and taken over 100 wickets :eek: I would think to replace him would not be a walk in the park. The reason he may have moved on was because he never really felt comfortable down there and as with most local cricket clubs it's tough not being a local boy. Is Dodds back this year or are Avondale just going to fly him in for every game as they did in the finals. It's going to be tough going this year with the VTCA wanting to put 4 sides into B1, if that rumour is true and I believe it is Avondale will be hard pressed staying out of the danger zone. Uncle, I would love them to prove me wrong but I reckon I know enough about cricket to suggest they may be under the pump this year. If the vine is right then I would think Abers, Albion, Footscray, Avondale and maybe even one of the Keilor's might be there abouts. Time will tell!

I think you might be on the money there Guru but have heard Keilor Park have picked up a couple

7/564;234957 said:
I think you might be on the money there Guru but have heard Keilor Park have picked up a couple

7 fa, they have certainly been busy in the off season and apparently haven't left any stone unturned with trying to find some quality cricketers. My observations though centre around the fact I think clubs like Tulla, St Albans and probably Westy might be stronger than they were last year. My opinion centres more around the rumour of 4 sides going back, I think season 2006/2007 there was possibly a chance for the 8th side to make the finals. So the grade is pretty tight most seasons and I think if clubs have gone into this year with the same group os similiar then they will struggle no doubt about it!

Could not agree with you more Guru. Will be a very tight season in nthA. Im pretty sure the rumors are true about 4 going down. They dont want only 8 teams in NthB.
Looking fwd to the season ahead and hoping we are not one of the 4 teams @|

So whats going on at all SNR clubs? Who is officailly on board and who has gone? Whats happeing at the clubs we never hear about - OEG, ALT NTH, ROYAL PARK, YOULDEN, HAMPTON ......... Sick of hearing about the same 3-4 clubs...

7/564;234975 said:
Could not agree with you more Guru. Will be a very tight season in nthA. Im pretty sure the rumors are true about 4 going down. They dont want only 8 teams in NthB.
Looking fwd to the season ahead and hoping we are not one of the 4 teams @|

7 fa are you from EK, if so say gidday to Gav B:)

7/564;234957 said:

Kielor Park have pikked up a bowler hoo took 10 wkts in a seenior division GF 8 years ago , this has been confermed

JUSTCALLME X;234978 said:
So whats going on at all SNR clubs? Who is officailly on board and who has gone? Whats happeing at the clubs we never hear about - OEG, ALT NTH, ROYAL PARK, YOULDEN, HAMPTON ......... Sick of hearing about the same 3-4 clubs...

OEG:

New: Peter Monar- Was coach of Northcote C.C
Returning: Dave Graham, Shane Mettleman
Maybe/Hopefully: Tim Lindley

Left: No one that I can think of atm.

We should go ok this year if all goes to plan.

7/564;234957 said:

A new low cost Irish Airline is coming on board and will sponsor the club. The CEO is a local. No problems with flying marc over.

Lose one player gain another, although stats don't lie, hard to replace Albers.

You may be right but like all guru's its only a prediction that you have.

The club is keen on developing young players, so anything could happen this year.

mickeybee;235007 said:
OEG:

New: Peter Monar- Was coach of Northcote C.C
Returning: Dave Graham, Shane Mettleman
Maybe/Hopefully: Tim Lindley

Left: No one that I can think of atm.

We should go ok this year if all goes to plan.

Adam Dudderidge to play whenever he comes down from Sydney?

Uncle Windows;235037 said:
A new low cost Irish Airline is coming on board and will sponsor the club. The CEO is a local. No problems with flying marc over.

Lose one player gain another, although stats don't lie, hard to replace Albers.

You may be right but like all guru's its only a prediction that you have.

The club is keen on developing young players, so anything could happen this year.

Do you guys keep tabs on any former junior players? Any plans to entice them back?

Guru14;234936 said:

Where has Albers gone to? You'd need plenty of cash but he'd be a super pick up.

Uncle Windows;235089 said:
Which guys?

It's good that guys do that. Like Rutley going back to Douta, Lamb going back to Murrumbeena, Cam Judd back to MHSOB and Ash Russell back to South Caulfield. Not always easy to keep them though.

Would be even better if the likes of Robbie Cassell headed back to MHSOB or Michael Klinger went back to Maccabi in the future.

Cash Man;235128 said:
It's good that guys do that. Like Rutley going back to Douta, Lamb going back to Murrumbeena, Cam Judd back to MHSOB and Ash Russell back to South Caulfield. Not always easy to keep them though.

Would be even better if the likes of Robbie Cassell headed back to MHSOB or Michael Klinger went back to Maccabi in the future.

Must be tough to stay when you are getting big offers from other clubs. Too much cash floating around for decent players to be sentimental, Lamb and Judd jumping after a season highlight that.

Word around is that Robbie Cassell could be pulling on the blue Vics cap again. Vics bowling options have thinned out over the winter and was told to try and get his body right. Unlikely though. if he went back to MHSOB his brother might relegate him to first change into the wind.

Cash Man;235127 said:
Where has Albers gone to? You'd need plenty of cash but he'd be a super pick up.

Cash Man, Albers gone to Aberfeldie Park as c/c, get pick up for them. He may have a tough gig there although there are some great young cricket talent he just needs to get the commitment out of them. They will be in the mix this year no doubt about it, never an issue of bowling sides out just getting the runs to win games! I don't think money was the reason he left Avondale just wanted to play with a club which suited him and his family alot better. No doubt APCC will do that for him, I hope he gets them playing up to their potential as thy will be hard to beat. Young bowler down there would take wickets on a regular basis in senior division!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back