VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Oracle;235701 said:
:DThe ORACLE has retired! :D

The oracle has had more retirements than Turner has had drunken nights. And a couple more retirements than petrolium and taylor have had dim sims.

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;235132 said:
maybe its time to have a search for them?

Thanks for the advice. M Lloyd is not interested even though the footy is over. If our former juniors are to keen to play and help support the club they know where to find us. Are you a former junior yourself and do you know a few.

Guru14;235168 said:
Cash Man, Albers gone to Aberfeldie Park as c/c, get pick up for them. He may have a tough gig there although there are some great young cricket talent he just needs to get the commitment out of them. They will be in the mix this year no doubt about it, never an issue of bowling sides out just getting the runs to win games! I don't think money was the reason he left Avondale just wanted to play with a club which suited him and his family alot better. No doubt APCC will do that for him, I hope he gets them playing up to their potential as thy will be hard to beat. Young bowler down there would take wickets on a regular basis in senior division!
So wise about the AHCC guru, maybe you could help the club with your wisdom and initmate knowledge of our players

FatMan_fromthe_Valley;235553 said:
Scratchy should have the boys primed for a good year.
Might be hard without a few of the better players from last few years.

Is the Currator and Widdicombes pulling on the whites this year ??
Is it true that Wazza went to FUCC ??

Don't know anything about a carator or widdicombe's. there used to be a couple of widdicombe"s playing in the old footscray cricket association. both were good operators. that was along time ago. probably passed on by now.

Heywood Jablowme;235551 said:
Apparently Greenvale are going straight into the Senior A competition after this season in the North A competition. They are only planning to pass through the competition. The story is they are a team of champions who plan to take all before them. They are talking it up at Greenvale. Throwing the cash around like the Abu Dhabi United Group. Hopefully for their sake ability will meet ambition. If it doesn't pan out they way they say it will, you could make a massive omelette and perhaps even a few quiches with all the eggs that will be on their faces.

Did I see Peter Russell Clarke with his grater saying, "Boys, as long as the eggs are not from battery hens, I'll bring the cheese for the omelette!"?

Greenvale passing through the competition you say. cock sure of themselves. lets hope they don't pass through via the back passage. could cause a big stink down there.

a couple of points 1... vic police you crack me up i would love to meet and have a beer with gary turner if they could ever drag him out of a gutter somewhere...i think a weekend with him would be a very interesting experience 2.... the guy from kingsville bapts go and start your own d section forum or what ever the crap it is your in somewhere else , this is for the big boys up here not time waisters like you guys . p.s. do you guys bowl over arm yet down in that comp.... pack em

Uncle Windows;235807 said:
Thanks for the advice. M Lloyd is not interested even though the footy is over. If our former juniors are to keen to play and help support the club they know where to find us. Are you a former junior yourself and do you know a few.

If Avondale would help with travel costs I'd be back there in a second.
Good place and great bunch of blokes.
@|

Anti climax on the permits and clearances page as usual. The executive will have so much mail they won't know what to do with it in the last week of September.

Interesting that Bentleigh and Pt Melb would be the most likely to have their ground unavailable for Round 1, they might want to spend more time on their square rather than getting paperwork together. Priorities.

Uncle Windows;235808 said:
So wise about the AHCC guru, maybe you could help the club with your wisdom and initmate knowledge of our players

Just stating the facts Uncle, We'll talk about the second week of February as to your chances in B1!!:eek:

Guru14;235886 said:
Just stating the facts Uncle, We'll talk about the second week of February as to your chances in B1!!:eek:

ok guru gives us your predictions for Nth A.topm&bottom 5 clubs.

are greenvale a flag certainty according to what u have heard or u think they are just up 'em selves.:)

Uncle Windows;235807 said:

Thanks for the sarcasm. Scott Douglas and Zaheer Hussain are 2 quality cricketers that I know have come from Avondale. @|

ROY G BIV;235897 said:
ok guru gives us your predictions for Nth A.topm&bottom 5 clubs.

are greenvale a flag certainty according to what u have heard or u think they are just up 'em selves.:)

Roy i will gladly put together my goods once I have a look at what each side is doing regarding clearances, new players etc. On Greenvale don't be surprised to see them very much in the mix this year. Their bowling was the area they needed to improve and they have done that with their cc. Quality bats DP, Budda Courts, Jon Kent and alike, they should have been in there the previous year but we all know that story. They dismantled everything in B1 last year just to prove a point and it's certainly no picnic on their wicket. IMO a wicket that catches most opposition sides out more than any other in the comp, it will be interesting if the rumour mill is correct in regard to a couple of others ending up down mickleham road, if so they will be strong. Will stay in touch and once I get a good feel for what's happening I'll come back to you. Bottom four will be Abers, Foots United, AH and one of the Keilor's yet to make up my mind on that one (by the way that's in no particular order). As I have said previously it's a close competition, you can win more than you lose and still be there abouts in the relegation zone the way it is this year.

The 2008/09 season kicks off with a home game against Brighton District on October 4th

It would seem some clubs have the inside running when it comes to the fixture this year???:rolleyes:

Guru14;235935 said:
The 2008/09 season kicks off with a home game against Brighton District on October 4th

It would seem some clubs have the inside running when it comes to the fixture this year???:rolleyes:

airport west vs douttas at buckley park rd 1

hey to all. i have been reading the thread here for a while now and i am just wondering weather all you guys on here hate each other. i take it that the gold and green trackie wearing guys are yarraville club because they mention that as well as that gary turner in the same thread. hey underarm bowler i heard that the new groundsman down at hampton has thrown in the job and moved to highett . what about the rumour that y.c.c.c will take on north melbourne this weekend in anglesea.
look forward to your response
love to everyone
asifhedgivashid

Guru14;235935 said:

Not sure where you get your mail from Guru, you must have a direct line to "the man" our Club has been told, via the delegates meeting, that what was sent to the Clubs was a draft that could possibly change, and that the real thing would be published when grounds and applications were finialized. My mail is a day or two.

asifhedgivashid;235974 said:
what about the rumour that y.c.c.c will take on north melbourne this weekend in anglesea.

hi asifhedgivashid, welcome to the forumz.

now by "Angelsea", you are refferring to The Angelsea Tavern, and by "taking on" you mean a drinking contest, right?

if that's the case, Yarraville would be odds on favourites

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;235913 said:
Thanks for the sarcasm. Scott Douglas and Zaheer Hussain are 2 quality cricketers that I know have come from Avondale. @|

not sure that you are a good judge of a [quality] cricketer. scott douglas worked his way up to opening the batting at footscray 2nds then slipped to middle order. zaheer hussein after opening the batting at essendon 2nds has slipped to middle order 3rds with an average of less than 20.

couldn't comment on the groundsman issue at Hampton i'm sorry. If he wasn't doing it, it would be due to work rather than switching clubs i would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back