VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Cash Man;275869 said:
Family wedding, hence retired, not retured hurt.

No family wedding,good sauce told me had run in with a dodgy
Big Chief burger.Taylor+Patcholli have bought a Donut King
Franchise in Albion with Grub Baker the cook(Reason why no runs)

Cash Man;275869 said:
Family wedding, hence retired, not retured hurt.

No family wedding,good sauce told me had run in with a dodgy
Big Chief burger.Taylor+Patcholli have bought a Donut King
Franchise in Albion with Grub Baker the cook(Reason why no runs)

Mullaney's the only one in the cash at SCCC.

The only clubs paying more than 2 players are YCCC and APW, everyone else is playing by the rules.

The only clubs paying more than 2 players are YCCC and APW, everyone else is playing by the rules.

True but Keilor paid up to 7 players in the last few seasons, but obviously only Porter/Hutchison would be worthy this year.

Doutta last season - take your pick of anyone up to about 9 players. This season - McKinley and Green but doubtful on anyone else. What a difference a year makes.

True but Keilor paid up to 7 players in the last few seasons, but obviously only Porter/Hutchison would be worthy this year.

Doutta last season - take your pick of anyone up to about 9 players. This season - McKinley and Green but doubtful on anyone else. What a difference a year makes.

Cash Man;276262 said:

Gee Not Out and Cash Man you seem to know a lot about Sth Caulfield. And Im sure Ash Russell is just playing for the love of it - get your hands off it.

Top telling off every other club for spending money and then try and protect your mob by saying they don't.

Cash Man;276262 said:

Gee Not Out and Cash Man you seem to know a lot about Sth Caulfield. And Im sure Ash Russell is just playing for the love of it - get your hands off it.

Top telling off every other club for spending money and then try and protect your mob by saying they don't.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;276317 said:

You tell me who else is getting paid if you think you know so much...

You tell me who else is getting paid if you think you know so much...

I love the paid players, it's just that Ash Russell is not one them. He is quality but he gets no cash from SCCC, there's none to pay him with. Taylor and Smart on the other hand, plenty of cash around where they play, a little harder to believe.

I love the paid players, it's just that Ash Russell is not one them. He is quality but he gets no cash from SCCC, there's none to pay him with. Taylor and Smart on the other hand, plenty of cash around where they play, a little harder to believe.

Cash Man;276262 said:

Seems this topic never goes away,so i did my ring around
to fellow publicans and there seems to be more money
spent over the bars in the North and Western Suburbs.
This could be put down to a number of reasons(Better Pubs,Clubs)
+ Plenty of Dry suburbs in Eastern area.
Put the real reason is obvious Better cricketers,so stop whinging
and remember Keep your pot to your mouth and ears to the ground.

Cash Man;276262 said:

Seems this topic never goes away,so i did my ring around
to fellow publicans and there seems to be more money
spent over the bars in the North and Western Suburbs.
This could be put down to a number of reasons(Better Pubs,Clubs)
+ Plenty of Dry suburbs in Eastern area.
Put the real reason is obvious Better cricketers,so stop whinging
and remember Keep your pot to your mouth and ears to the ground.

Well guru 14 round two has come and gone and christmas is commin on. We are still waiting on your inciteful protestations as to the make up of the final four in each of the "A" grade divisions. Or maybe you shot your bolt too early. Instead of coming you went so to speak.

Well guru 14 round two has come and gone and christmas is commin on. We are still waiting on your inciteful protestations as to the make up of the final four in each of the "A" grade divisions. Or maybe you shot your bolt too early. Instead of coming you went so to speak.

Cash Man;276262 said:

cash man you still believe in santa clause. How wonderful. Anything left in the stocking for me? Don't forget to leave a glass of scotch out for santa, preferably laphroaig.

Cash Man;276262 said:

cash man you still believe in santa clause. How wonderful. Anything left in the stocking for me? Don't forget to leave a glass of scotch out for santa, preferably laphroaig.

Port Melbourne would be paying more players than anyone, they will tell you Subbies want them back.
3 from Darwin, 1 from India, this mob could put the avocado tracksuit mob to shame.

Port Melbourne would be paying more players than anyone, they will tell you Subbies want them back.
3 from Darwin, 1 from India, this mob could put the avocado tracksuit mob to shame.

been there done that;275970 said:
Interesting you should pick out 2 of the bigger spending clubs to be the early threats. What about the giant killing Youldon?

Seriously though, how many paid players are at each club? Have a stab at each club?:confused:

To make the granny in senior div a minimum of four paid players. Of course if you want to win it you would need six. Each season the bar is being raised. However dodgy council prepared wickets for granny's is proving quite expensive for some. 50,000 dollars down the toilet for the looser.Still, "FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE" There's always next season if the cash cow keeps providing.

been there done that;275970 said:
Interesting you should pick out 2 of the bigger spending clubs to be the early threats. What about the giant killing Youldon?

Seriously though, how many paid players are at each club? Have a stab at each club?:confused:

To make the granny in senior div a minimum of four paid players. Of course if you want to win it you would need six. Each season the bar is being raised. However dodgy council prepared wickets for granny's is proving quite expensive for some. 50,000 dollars down the toilet for the looser.Still, "FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE" There's always next season if the cash cow keeps providing.

Few clearences put through.. mostly Senior division.
  • Phillip Peel - Broadmeadows --> APWStC.
  • Rick Marcy --> Former Professional.
  • Tim Linley --> Back at OEG. Overseas 1st XI.
  • Alex Groucott --> RPB. Overseas 1st XI.
  • Gene Murice - North Melbourne 1st/2nd XI --> RPB.
  • Thia Ramadoss - Murrumbeena --> RPB.
  • Andrew Cullen Footscray 1st/2nd XI --> YC.

beached as;276487 said:

phil peel captaining the 4ths at apw, just broke club record, 209*

beached as;276487 said:

phil peel captaining the 4ths at apw, just broke club record, 209*

RPB with 3 ex Nth Melb players (Stewart, Hillas and now Maurice) along with Contessa have shot into 3rd favourites behind APW and Sth Caulfield. Yarraville on the 4th line of betting and for value you can get Hampton at $1001.

RPB with 3 ex Nth Melb players (Stewart, Hillas and now Maurice) along with Contessa have shot into 3rd favourites behind APW and Sth Caulfield. Yarraville on the 4th line of betting and for value you can get Hampton at $1001.

Dingo_Jones;276455 said:

Well Dingo my friend, the season has started and from the results we can see that it will be a pretty even season as it always is. Unfortunately there is no doubt that East Keilor and Footscray United are in for very very long seasons. I'm still on the Abers band wagon mate, that's the North B band wagon, their loss on the weekend and then chasing the pill to all parts of the ground can smash a side for the rest of the year. Seddon or Parkville will fill the other spot in the bottom 4 which is the danger zone so we are being told. The top 4 is wide open as it always is in North A, but after a one dayer and one 2 day game it's still very open. At this stage I would think that the four could shape up along the lines of Keilor Park, Greenvale, St Albans and A/Heights or W'Meadows. If David Z from Tulla keeps making tons of runs and takes 4 or 5 wickets a game he might get them there on his own! History shows that a North A finals spot is still up for grabs in the last round of every season and I think 2 years ago you could have made the finals from 8th, which is unbelieveable. I'm pretty set on the predictions above and I think the rest will fight out the minors. Avondale have been the surprise packet and have plenty of experience and have played finals I think 3 out of the last 4 years so they are in a good position having 2/2.

Dingo_Jones;276455 said:

Well Dingo my friend, the season has started and from the results we can see that it will be a pretty even season as it always is. Unfortunately there is no doubt that East Keilor and Footscray United are in for very very long seasons. I'm still on the Abers band wagon mate, that's the North B band wagon, their loss on the weekend and then chasing the pill to all parts of the ground can smash a side for the rest of the year. Seddon or Parkville will fill the other spot in the bottom 4 which is the danger zone so we are being told. The top 4 is wide open as it always is in North A, but after a one dayer and one 2 day game it's still very open. At this stage I would think that the four could shape up along the lines of Keilor Park, Greenvale, St Albans and A/Heights or W'Meadows. If David Z from Tulla keeps making tons of runs and takes 4 or 5 wickets a game he might get them there on his own! History shows that a North A finals spot is still up for grabs in the last round of every season and I think 2 years ago you could have made the finals from 8th, which is unbelieveable. I'm pretty set on the predictions above and I think the rest will fight out the minors. Avondale have been the surprise packet and have plenty of experience and have played finals I think 3 out of the last 4 years so they are in a good position having 2/2.

beached as;276487 said:

Very interesting!! Also noticed that Hutchinson and McKay the only paid pro's at KCC. Surely Porter and Marcy are getting their whack!

Linley will be big plus for OEG. Same as Maurice for RPB.

Chances of a washout this Sat???? Get your derby tickets on standby!

beached as;276487 said:

Very interesting!! Also noticed that Hutchinson and McKay the only paid pro's at KCC. Surely Porter and Marcy are getting their whack!

Linley will be big plus for OEG. Same as Maurice for RPB.

Chances of a washout this Sat???? Get your derby tickets on standby!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;276531 said:

The 4 will stay as is..... RPB, APW, Sth Caul, YClub... will just have to see what order they finish in!

Hampton odds on to go down..... other spot up for grabs.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;276531 said:

The 4 will stay as is..... RPB, APW, Sth Caul, YClub... will just have to see what order they finish in!

Hampton odds on to go down..... other spot up for grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back