VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;276926 said:
In the match of the round Sth Caul may just hopld out APW by about 3 or 4 runs. Sth Caulfield led by Mullaney, L Russell and co will step up at home. Look for D Brown to perform well in the big game.

Hampton v Doutta is a non event as both are making up the numbers. Doutta should make plenty but on that Hampton wicket it really is determined by who bats first.

Altona too strong for McKinnon. Keilor to bounce back against OEG who have the big inclusion of Linley but just not enough performance from their batsmen. You would hope Perara is a fine coach as his numbers dont stack up as a bat.

RPB to continue on their dance v YP. Contessa, Hillas, add Maurice in there and you have 3 quality all rounders.

Spotty v YC is a big game, Spotty have Davies and a few boys in form, Bakes is due for a big score but they bat around Tokka so who knows. Im tipping Yarraville but only by a couple of wickets.

Senior A

Hoppers to pump Beauy at home, what are Beauy doing down there and why is Hignett not captaining?
St Bernards too classy for Chelt. Maccabi Ajax to beat Strathmore in match of the round, expect 3 figures from Lamb and a big score from Weinstock. Strathy bat well when Tupper gets going though.
Bentleigh v Brighton who cares - both shocking clubs from the south who have the most inconsistent ill prepared decks in the comp. Thankfully this should be at neutral territory thereby removing Bentleighs bias.
Druids v United, Druids should be too strong. United struggling plus Gallage is quality for Druids.
MHSOB v Willy CY should be a batting paradise again. Willy CY just though MHSOB some encouraging signs with depth last week.

North A who cares. as long as Abers gets beat.

Solid work there mate. Ajax will not beat Strathmore... Agree on Beauy, would have just assumed Hignett stayed on as skipper.

Should be a big round, if the rain doesn't arrive overnight. Any of those tips change in a one dayer next week?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;276926 said:
In the match of the round Sth Caul may just hopld out APW by about 3 or 4 runs. Sth Caulfield led by Mullaney, L Russell and co will step up at home. Look for D Brown to perform well in the big game.

Hampton v Doutta is a non event as both are making up the numbers. Doutta should make plenty but on that Hampton wicket it really is determined by who bats first.

Altona too strong for McKinnon. Keilor to bounce back against OEG who have the big inclusion of Linley but just not enough performance from their batsmen. You would hope Perara is a fine coach as his numbers dont stack up as a bat.

RPB to continue on their dance v YP. Contessa, Hillas, add Maurice in there and you have 3 quality all rounders.

Spotty v YC is a big game, Spotty have Davies and a few boys in form, Bakes is due for a big score but they bat around Tokka so who knows. Im tipping Yarraville but only by a couple of wickets.

Senior A

Hoppers to pump Beauy at home, what are Beauy doing down there and why is Hignett not captaining?
St Bernards too classy for Chelt. Maccabi Ajax to beat Strathmore in match of the round, expect 3 figures from Lamb and a big score from Weinstock. Strathy bat well when Tupper gets going though.
Bentleigh v Brighton who cares - both shocking clubs from the south who have the most inconsistent ill prepared decks in the comp. Thankfully this should be at neutral territory thereby removing Bentleighs bias.
Druids v United, Druids should be too strong. United struggling plus Gallage is quality for Druids.
MHSOB v Willy CY should be a batting paradise again. Willy CY just though MHSOB some encouraging signs with depth last week.

North A who cares. as long as Abers gets beat.

Solid work there mate. Ajax will not beat Strathmore... Agree on Beauy, would have just assumed Hignett stayed on as skipper.

Should be a big round, if the rain doesn't arrive overnight. Any of those tips change in a one dayer next week?

Not Out;276994 said:
A. Russell is back to resume hostilities with Taylor in their 1st meeting since the infamous semi final incident 2 seasons ago

i might be a bit behind here, but what actually happened between those two?

Not Out;276994 said:
A. Russell is back to resume hostilities with Taylor in their 1st meeting since the infamous semi final incident 2 seasons ago

crazycricket;277049 said:

Rumous around the traps was John Taylor was trying to have a crack at Mrs Russell for a laugh during the tea break. They were seen sharing a plate of food and Ash took it the wrong way, tried to have a crack at Johnny Taylor but came of second best.
Mr Russell thought it was quite amusing after his 5th long neck for the day!

crazycricket;277049 said:

Rumous around the traps was John Taylor was trying to have a crack at Mrs Russell for a laugh during the tea break. They were seen sharing a plate of food and Ash took it the wrong way, tried to have a crack at Johnny Taylor but came of second best.
Mr Russell thought it was quite amusing after his 5th long neck for the day!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;276296 said:
True but Keilor paid up to 7 players in the last few seasons, but obviously only Porter/Hutchison would be worthy this year.

Doutta last season - take your pick of anyone up to about 9 players. This season - McKinley and Green but doubtful on anyone else. What a difference a year makes.

So who are the other 7 that got paid? and where are they playing now?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;276296 said:
True but Keilor paid up to 7 players in the last few seasons, but obviously only Porter/Hutchison would be worthy this year.

Doutta last season - take your pick of anyone up to about 9 players. This season - McKinley and Green but doubtful on anyone else. What a difference a year makes.

So who are the other 7 that got paid? and where are they playing now?

Wayne_Izard;276957 said:
Why the issue with Abers ?

mate l dont think clinton stewart will be happy that you used his school photo

Wayne_Izard;276957 said:
Why the issue with Abers ?

mate l dont think clinton stewart will be happy that you used his school photo

JUSTCALLME X;276550 said:
The 4 will stay as is..... RPB, APW, Sth Caul, YClub... will just have to see what order they finish in!

Hampton odds on to go down..... other spot up for grabs.

If hampton are going down then doutta are going with them as hampton knocked them over today for 80-odd and then passed them six down. What has happened to doutta - has the money run out??:confused:

JUSTCALLME X;276550 said:
The 4 will stay as is..... RPB, APW, Sth Caul, YClub... will just have to see what order they finish in!

Hampton odds on to go down..... other spot up for grabs.

If hampton are going down then doutta are going with them as hampton knocked them over today for 80-odd and then passed them six down. What has happened to doutta - has the money run out??:confused:

My bro who plays at H/C said Moonee Valley 1s rocked up to hoppers crossings 4th xi game, must of been a bit of confusion or something, well they ended up playing against a group of 16 year olds, wonder what will happen with that?

My bro who plays at H/C said Moonee Valley 1s rocked up to hoppers crossings 4th xi game, must of been a bit of confusion or something, well they ended up playing against a group of 16 year olds, wonder what will happen with that?

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;277275 said:

looks like a mixture of half the side from last year and new faces.they may use the line'blooding young lads' but i'm sure half the teams in the comp can say that.....doesn't stop you from being in the relegation fight..now that is a premiership hangover!

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;277275 said:

looks like a mixture of half the side from last year and new faces.they may use the line'blooding young lads' but i'm sure half the teams in the comp can say that.....doesn't stop you from being in the relegation fight..now that is a premiership hangover!

underarm bowler;277344 said:

Who exactly are RPB, Airport West, YCC and Keilor "blooding"??

underarm bowler;277344 said:

Not Out;277394 said:
APW/StC all out 95 v SCCC. Shows money can't buy runs!

SCCC 7/114 in reply. A .Russell still in 39*

did you hear about the deck SC provided, it had grass up to their knees and wasnt even marked with a crease or anything, that is an absolute disgrace

Not Out;277394 said:

did you hear about the deck SC provided, it had grass up to their knees and wasnt even marked with a crease or anything, that is an absolute disgrace

crazycricket;277408 said:
Without being there you should know a few things, the club has no access to curating equipment due to the council so there is no mowing or rolling on a Saturday morning.With the covers on the grass will grow overnight
To say the pitch wasn't marked shows you know nothing about what went on, on the outside ground where i was the grass was longer and there were 19 wickets for the day but it wasn't dangerous.
Both teams on the main deck had their chances and AWST.C had the more lethal attack but due to some poor captaincy with bowling changes SC are now in front.
So CrazyCricket don't post till you know the facts.

Without being there you should know a few things, the club has no access to curating equipment due to the council so there is no mowing or rolling on a Saturday morning.With the covers on the grass will grow overnight
To say the pitch wasn't marked shows you know nothing about what went on, on the outside ground where i was the grass was longer and there were 19 wickets for the day but it wasn't dangerous.
Both teams on the main deck had their chances and AWST.C had the more lethal attack but due to some poor captaincy with bowling changes SC are now in front.

onlyonepaidpro@clubbers;277359 said:

personally, i think there are a few younger players that are being blooded by both YC and Keilor

i reckon its a step in the right direction if the younger set are given a chance early...

would like to know about airport west but, would be hard to see a young fella gettin a gig in that side...

is it true that andreatis returned on the weekend to airport west????

personally, i think there are a few younger players that are being blooded by both YC and Keilor

i reckon its a step in the right direction if the younger set are given a chance early...

would like to know about airport west but, would be hard to see a young fella gettin a gig in that side...

is it true that andreatis returned on the weekend to airport west????

RPB - none that I can see
APW - McVeigh -16, Sinnott 17
YCC - Jones - 18
Keilor - Dixon -18, Guerra -17, Kumar -16, Stavris - 15.

RPB - none that I can see
APW - McVeigh -16, Sinnott 17
YCC - Jones - 18
Keilor - Dixon -18, Guerra -17, Kumar -16, Stavris - 15.

Not Out;277394 said:

Not Out - you would have needed to make two trips to the supermarket last night for tissues with Sth. Caulfield being in front of APW and Ash Russell making runs, I bet your hand is sore today!!

Wonder how your blokes would have been facing Brown and Jones etc first up on that deck:)

Not Out;277394 said:

Not Out - you would have needed to make two trips to the supermarket last night for tissues with Sth. Caulfield being in front of APW and Ash Russell making runs, I bet your hand is sore today!!

Wonder how your blokes would have been facing Brown and Jones etc first up on that deck:)

Knew they weren't up to APW in good conditions so they doctored the pitch and took a chance on winning the toss - and bingo nowthey all think they are going to win the flag!!

Is old man Russell and his Tracky Pants still looking after the wickets? They obviously don't pay him much cause he's had the same set of tracky pants for 15 years.:cool:

Knew they weren't up to APW in good conditions so they doctored the pitch and took a chance on winning the toss - and bingo nowthey all think they are going to win the flag!!

Is old man Russell and his Tracky Pants still looking after the wickets? They obviously don't pay him much cause he's had the same set of tracky pants for 15 years.:cool:

southern sledge;277446 said:

are you saying the pitch was marked, because i can gurantee you that it was not marked. so dont question me before you know your facts, the comment you just made implied nothing about having a marked deck, so please tell me, what fatcs did i get wrong, you sth clubs always trying to stick up for each other

southern sledge;277446 said:

are you saying the pitch was marked, because i can gurantee you that it was not marked. so dont question me before you know your facts, the comment you just made implied nothing about having a marked deck, so please tell me, what fatcs did i get wrong, you sth clubs always trying to stick up for each other

crazycricket;277504 said:
the pitch was marked, both grounds were go to opsm you goose

crazycricket;277504 said:
the pitch was marked, both grounds were go to opsm you goose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back