VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

cherried_lid;296880 said:
t jones from yarraville club, ver good player, bad run of luck... and would say b pope but unfortunate injury cut short his season b4 christmas...

don't forghet the other kid at keilor, dixon, has made a fe runs this year.

umm and there's 1 at south caulfield i think...
can anyone verify

Dixon.....the one with his name tattood on his arm? is that so his mum remembers who the father was?....typical keilor slurry!!

cherried_lid;296880 said:
t jones from yarraville club, ver good player, bad run of luck... and would say b pope but unfortunate injury cut short his season b4 christmas...

don't forghet the other kid at keilor, dixon, has made a fe runs this year.

umm and there's 1 at south caulfield i think...
can anyone verify

Dixon.....the one with his name tattood on his arm? is that so his mum remembers who the father was?....typical keilor slurry!!

Merry Christmas Dizzy Gillespie. Have a good one. I finally got around to buying a Laphroaig. It's the best I have ever tried. Love the woody taste. I'm totally sold. Around $80.

Also let my head go and bought a Tullamore Dew. Irish and around $60. Also a great drop.

I will stick to "The Glenlivet" and drink the above on special occasions. I hope there are many.

Once again thanks for the tip.

Merry Christmas Dizzy Gillespie. Have a good one. I finally got around to buying a Laphroaig. It's the best I have ever tried. Love the woody taste. I'm totally sold. Around $80.

Also let my head go and bought a Tullamore Dew. Irish and around $60. Also a great drop.

I will stick to "The Glenlivet" and drink the above on special occasions. I hope there are many.

Imnotgoing2lie2u;297209 said:
Right Now D Gelbart is the best cricketer in Senior A

After that performance its quite dissapointing to see you on here Laurie. You should still be out on the grog celebrating.

Senior: Doutta finally get one on the board, Sth Caulfield and Spotty win as expected. Keilor pumping Hampton is no suprise but all out for 45 is a shocker. A West losing so badly is a suprise, McKinnon may be a bit better than what we thought. W White could be a smoky for the Paxino this year, he could have polled votes in most games. Could anyone imagine A West slipping out of the four, or are they too good a side to do that?

Senior A: Great to see Dave Cassell get a big score, a very good player. I like MHSOB as a team, so pleasing to see them win. Beay knocking off Strathy was a suprise for me, Hignett must have got a big score. St Bernards, Willy & Brighton all won as expected. And Hoppers were very dissaponting.

After that performance its quite dissapointing to see you on here Laurie. You should still be out on the grog celebrating.

Senior: Doutta finally get one on the board, Sth Caulfield and Spotty win as expected. Keilor pumping Hampton is no suprise but all out for 45 is a shocker. A West losing so badly is a suprise, McKinnon may be a bit better than what we thought. W White could be a smoky for the Paxino this year, he could have polled votes in most games. Could anyone imagine A West slipping out of the four, or are they too good a side to do that?

Senior A: Great to see Dave Cassell get a big score, a very good player. I like MHSOB as a team, so pleasing to see them win. Beay knocking off Strathy was a suprise for me, Hignett must have got a big score. St Bernards, Willy & Brighton all won as expected. And Hoppers were very dissaponting.

No, he's not, far from it. Honest, but a long way from the 'best cricketer in Senior A'. Besides, now you're just making Dan Onas jealous...

How about you give us opinion on someone who doesn't play for Ajax there champ!?

No, he's not, far from it. Honest, but a long way from the 'best cricketer in Senior A'. Besides, now you're just making Dan Onas jealous...

How about you give us opinion on someone who doesn't play for Ajax there champ!?

Northern $uper$tars;296124 said:
Yeah, that would be the reason why Cheltenham won last round, nothing to do with the fact that Bentleigh dropped 6 catches and weren't good enough to defend 227 against a team who's previous highest score this season was 190 after having them 6-141.

I would have thought it's quite obvious that anyone who claims to be from Bentleigh on this site is not telling the truth.

A fair point, if I came from Bentleigh I wouldn't be publicising it either. Don't really care how they lost, just happy to see them lose.

Northern $uper$tars;296124 said:
Yeah, that would be the reason why Cheltenham won last round, nothing to do with the fact that Bentleigh dropped 6 catches and weren't good enough to defend 227 against a team who's previous highest score this season was 190 after having them 6-141.

I would have thought it's quite obvious that anyone who claims to be from Bentleigh on this site is not telling the truth.

A fair point, if I came from Bentleigh I wouldn't be publicising it either. Don't really care how they lost, just happy to see them lose.

Maccabi AJAX are genuine contenders. David Gelbart and Daniel Onas are unbelievable players. Supurb performance to beat Hoppers Crossing and we haven't even hit our straps yet.

Maccabi AJAX are genuine contenders. David Gelbart and Daniel Onas are unbelievable players. Supurb performance to beat Hoppers Crossing and we haven't even hit our straps yet.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;297272 said:

Only real surprise in Snr A I reckon was Hoppers, not that it was a close game, but that their batting folded like that. Looking at the card though it highlights the issues with the VTCA One Day games, only 2 bowlers used by Ajax to bowl 34 overs.

Strathmore are pretty much gone I reckon, confidence would be shattered out there. Would be a massive drop, can't remember a team playing in a GF one year and getting relegated the next.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;297272 said:

Only real surprise in Snr A I reckon was Hoppers, not that it was a close game, but that their batting folded like that. Looking at the card though it highlights the issues with the VTCA One Day games, only 2 bowlers used by Ajax to bowl 34 overs.

Strathmore are pretty much gone I reckon, confidence would be shattered out there. Would be a massive drop, can't remember a team playing in a GF one year and getting relegated the next.

Laurie Shneider;297305 said:
Can't win finals with two bowlers. They have bowled 95% of the overs in the past two games. I am sure that some of the guys batting 8,9,10&11 are really happy with that.

Can't win finals with two bowlers. They have bowled 95% of the overs in the past two games. I am sure that some of the guys batting 8,9,10&11 are really happy with that.

Dingo_Jones;297263 said:

No worries mate, you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Those are definetly drops for a special occasion and if you like whiskey of the kentucky variety, the woodford reserve is right up there.

Dingo_Jones;297263 said:

No worries mate, you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Those are definetly drops for a special occasion and if you like whiskey of the kentucky variety, the woodford reserve is right up there.

Vicious and Well Directed;297306 said:

Once again no credit to the very impressive performance by the maccabi ajax outfit under the shrewd captaincy of the best gloves in the business. Have only lost 1 game which was by 2 runs in the season opener and we are still not at our peak yet no one rates us. shame on you.

Vicious and Well Directed;297306 said:

Once again no credit to the very impressive performance by the maccabi ajax outfit under the shrewd captaincy of the best gloves in the business. Have only lost 1 game which was by 2 runs in the season opener and we are still not at our peak yet no one rates us. shame on you.

Imnotgoing2lie2u;297456 said:

Ok buddy, shame on me. But you're still a game outside the 4, with a tough run home with St Bernards, CYs, Brighton, Druids and Chelt. Good luck with that.

Can you just explain how you are not at your peak?

Imnotgoing2lie2u;297456 said:

Ok buddy, shame on me. But you're still a game outside the 4, with a tough run home with St Bernards, CYs, Brighton, Druids and Chelt. Good luck with that.

Vicious and Well Directed;297491 said:

T Lamb not smashing runs, just wait for it. Just one good innings at 2 runs a ball and all you haters will go quiet.

As for good players from others teams i havent seen everyone and apart from the obvious suspects i really rate L Poon from MHSOB. Poony smashed us for a very impressive 70 something batting at 8. Hit our gunn spinner D Majtlis for several sexes.

Vicious and Well Directed;297491 said:

T Lamb not smashing runs, just wait for it. Just one good innings at 2 runs a ball and all you haters will go quiet.

As for good players from others teams i havent seen everyone and apart from the obvious suspects i really rate L Poon from MHSOB. Poony smashed us for a very impressive 70 something batting at 8. Hit our gunn spinner D Majtlis for several sexes.

Hoppers were playing on one of the worst decks in the VTCA which would explain the low scores.Put both those sides on say a Altona North deck Hoppers would destroy them.

Hoppers were playing on one of the worst decks in the VTCA which would explain the low scores.Put both those sides on say a Altona North deck Hoppers would destroy them.

southern sledge;297508 said:

Oh were the sides batting on different pitches?

DizzyGillepsie;297503 said:
D Majtlis for several sexes? ..... bit of a freduian slip there don't you think
Majtlis used to be a very good leggie, he even took a 7 for in the VTCA under 21 side.In the last few seasons his captains have only bowled him as a last resort which means one of the most promising leggies in the comp now plays mainly as a batsman.Things might change with Weinstock in charge as he's a good fella and knows his cricket well.

DizzyGillepsie;297503 said:
D Majtlis for several sexes? ..... bit of a freduian slip there don't you think
Majtlis used to be a very good leggie, he even took a 7 for in the VTCA under 21 side.In the last few seasons his captains have only bowled him as a last resort which means one of the most promising leggies in the comp now plays mainly as a batsman.Things might change with Weinstock in charge as he's a good fella and knows his cricket well.

Imnotgoing2lie2u;297509 said:
No, but 197 runs in 80 overs is pretty bad.I see Mr.Lamb failed in both innings i am sure he's not enjoying that pitch.
In Senior Div at Altona North there was nearly 400 runs and only 9 wickets.

Imnotgoing2lie2u;297509 said:
No, but 197 runs in 80 overs is pretty bad.I see Mr.Lamb failed in both innings i am sure he's not enjoying that pitch.
In Senior Div at Altona North there was nearly 400 runs and only 9 wickets.

If you want the worst deck in the VTCA head on down to Brighton District. One ball got above waist high all day, balls were rolling in the second over. Both umps gave it 0.5/10. Also the ground had been 'cultivated' and it was near on impossible to score. And if that isnt enough you have to play by the 'local rules' where the ball has to be hit onto Dendy St before the home team will call it a boundary and the only way they will walk is if they are bowled and they still try to claim they aren't out then! Never seen so many cheats in my life!

If you want the worst deck in the VTCA head on down to Brighton District. One ball got above waist high all day, balls were rolling in the second over. Both umps gave it 0.5/10. Also the ground had been 'cultivated' and it was near on impossible to score. And if that isnt enough you have to play by the 'local rules' where the ball has to be hit onto Dendy St before the home team will call it a boundary and the only way they will walk is if they are bowled and they still try to claim they aren't out then! Never seen so many cheats in my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back