VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

superfreak;297548 said:
If you want the worst deck in the VTCA head on down to Brighton District. One ball got above waist high all day, balls were rolling in the second over. Both umps gave it 0.5/10. Also the ground had been 'cultivated' and it was near on impossible to score. And if that isnt enough you have to play by the 'local rules' where the ball has to be hit onto Dendy St before the home team will call it a boundary and the only way they will walk is if they are bowled and they still try to claim they aren't out then! Never seen so many cheats in my life!

It must be said that you blokes at Chelt are a quality side. From 0/29 to all out 64... and that's with a wag of the tail! Good quality cricket that....

oh, and speaking of cheats... how's that sook of a bowler you have there? Overstepping the bowling crease by 1.5 metres in the second dig to try and hurt blokes. Shame he's not even good enough to do that.

Yep... you're a quality team alright....

superfreak;297548 said:
If you want the worst deck in the VTCA head on down to Brighton District. One ball got above waist high all day, balls were rolling in the second over. Both umps gave it 0.5/10. Also the ground had been 'cultivated' and it was near on impossible to score. And if that isnt enough you have to play by the 'local rules' where the ball has to be hit onto Dendy St before the home team will call it a boundary and the only way they will walk is if they are bowled and they still try to claim they aren't out then! Never seen so many cheats in my life!

It must be said that you blokes at Chelt are a quality side. From 0/29 to all out 64... and that's with a wag of the tail! Good quality cricket that....

oh, and speaking of cheats... how's that sook of a bowler you have there? Overstepping the bowling crease by 1.5 metres in the second dig to try and hurt blokes. Shame he's not even good enough to do that.

Yep... you're a quality team alright....

64 would have been good enough (that how bad the deck was) if that cheat Tillekeratne had walked when caught behind 3rd ball. All in all shit deck, shit club. Your scorer should be banned for life for the things he said. If thats how you want to play your cricket it a sad state of affairs and you should hang you heads in shame.

That would be the same bloke who took 6/16 off 15. He's OK. After the decisions that went against him and the shit he copped from over the cones, he had every right to give his own back!! Just a shame he missed!

64 would have been good enough (that how bad the deck was) if that cheat Tillekeratne had walked when caught behind 3rd ball. All in all shit deck, shit club. Your scorer should be banned for life for the things he said. If thats how you want to play your cricket it a sad state of affairs and you should hang you heads in shame.

That would be the same bloke who took 6/16 off 15. He's OK. After the decisions that went against him and the shit he copped from over the cones, he had every right to give his own back!! Just a shame he missed!

Settle down fellas, yes the Brighton deck is bad and maybe the club needs to do something about it but the games over and Brighton won.I wish the VTCA would be tougher on clubs with their boundaries which seem to shift depending on who's batting.

Settle down fellas, yes the Brighton deck is bad and maybe the club needs to do something about it but the games over and Brighton won.I wish the VTCA would be tougher on clubs with their boundaries which seem to shift depending on who's batting.

southern sledge;297598 said:
Settle down fellas, yes the Brighton deck is bad and maybe the club needs to do something about it but the games over and Brighton won.I wish the VTCA would be tougher on clubs like Brighton with their boundaries which seem to shift depending on who's batting.

Are you saying that boundaries shift in one-dayers SS?? Well said.... Intelligence probably isn't your strong suit is it?

Superfreak, are you that 4 foot 3 weasel that kept trying to sledge in the second innings? Talk us through your overall contribution for the day? Bowled well, batted even better, and made a d!ck of yourself both on and off the field. You certainly had us impressed....

southern sledge;297598 said:
Settle down fellas, yes the Brighton deck is bad and maybe the club needs to do something about it but the games over and Brighton won.I wish the VTCA would be tougher on clubs like Brighton with their boundaries which seem to shift depending on who's batting.

Are you saying that boundaries shift in one-dayers SS?? Well said.... Intelligence probably isn't your strong suit is it?

Superfreak, are you that 4 foot 3 weasel that kept trying to sledge in the second innings? Talk us through your overall contribution for the day? Bowled well, batted even better, and made a d!ck of yourself both on and off the field. You certainly had us impressed....

Nope not me champ. Just an interested onlooker.....

VTCA should do something about BDCC rolling up substandard decks that are tailored to their two bowlers. And don't say it doesn't happen, that info was from a BDCC club member. Not entirely sporting IMO.

VTCA should do something about BDCC rolling up substandard decks that are tailored to their two bowlers. And don't say it doesn't happen, that info was from a BDCC club member. Not entirely sporting IMO.

Having played at Maccabi Ajax alot through our battles in South A, I can honestly say that I have never played on a bad deck there. Its normally a belter. So it might just be a one off.

Having played at Maccabi Ajax alot through our battles in South A, I can honestly say that I have never played on a bad deck there. Its normally a belter. So it might just be a one off.

superfreak;297614 said:

Get some idea before you start talking rubbish, superfreak. Umpires making mistakes is umpires fault. I don't think you can blame anyone for standing their ground. I'm sure you walk every single time.

As for the "local rules", what you don't know is that the guy thought he had saved the ball and was told later by a spectator from our team that it actually went over. The player then spoke to the captain and went to the umpires and told them to add 2 to the score, which they did. I would call that sporting myself.

As for the substandard deck, I don't think anyone is disputing the wicket is ordinary and we would like it to be better. I don't believe any BDCC club member would say that and I think it is absolute rubbish. The FACT is that nomatter how much work goes into it (and a lot of work does go into it) the table is screwed and the only way to fix it is to dig the whole thing up and start again. You try getting bayside council to do that. If anyone wants to give us professional advice on how to make it better without ripping the whole thing up, we are more than happy to listen - just send me a private message.

It's a one-dayer so I don't think any talk about the standard of wickets is anything but being a bad loser. And Cheetham proved that in the 2nd innings. If the umpires had any guts he would have been reported for it.

superfreak;297614 said:

Get some idea before you start talking rubbish, superfreak. Umpires making mistakes is umpires fault. I don't think you can blame anyone for standing their ground. I'm sure you walk every single time.

As for the "local rules", what you don't know is that the guy thought he had saved the ball and was told later by a spectator from our team that it actually went over. The player then spoke to the captain and went to the umpires and told them to add 2 to the score, which they did. I would call that sporting myself.

As for the substandard deck, I don't think anyone is disputing the wicket is ordinary and we would like it to be better. I don't believe any BDCC club member would say that and I think it is absolute rubbish. The FACT is that nomatter how much work goes into it (and a lot of work does go into it) the table is screwed and the only way to fix it is to dig the whole thing up and start again. You try getting bayside council to do that. If anyone wants to give us professional advice on how to make it better without ripping the whole thing up, we are more than happy to listen - just send me a private message.

It's a one-dayer so I don't think any talk about the standard of wickets is anything but being a bad loser. And Cheetham proved that in the 2nd innings. If the umpires had any guts he would have been reported for it.

superfreak;297548 said:

Nothing has changed! Let me guess the names of the Brighton blokes....Lasky, Stewart and Tillekeratne!!!!

superfreak;297548 said:

Nothing has changed! Let me guess the names of the Brighton blokes....Lasky, Stewart and Tillekeratne!!!!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;298019 said:

Ooh, i know the answer to this one...name three blokes who are going to help take Brighton District to the premiership this year.

How about we start talking about cricket and stop slagging off individuals where you have no evidence whatsoever.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;298019 said:

Ooh, i know the answer to this one...name three blokes who are going to help take Brighton District to the premiership this year.

How about we start talking about cricket and stop slagging off individuals where you have no evidence whatsoever.

southern sledge;297510 said:
Majtlis used to be a very good leggie, he even took a 7 for in the VTCA under 21 side.In the last few seasons his captains have only bowled him as a last resort which means one of the most promising leggies in the comp now plays mainly as a batsman.Things might change with Weinstock in charge as he's a good fella and knows his cricket well.

Yes Majtlis has shown alot from limited opportunities. I suspect he will play a greater role in post xmas 2 dayers as there is alot of talk around the club about why play swirskis if your not going to bowlllllllllll him. With added responsibility he could become another one of our elite all rounders and his brother B Majtlis could prove to be one of the dashing up and comers of the VTCA

southern sledge;297510 said:
Majtlis used to be a very good leggie, he even took a 7 for in the VTCA under 21 side.In the last few seasons his captains have only bowled him as a last resort which means one of the most promising leggies in the comp now plays mainly as a batsman.Things might change with Weinstock in charge as he's a good fella and knows his cricket well.

Yes Majtlis has shown alot from limited opportunities. I suspect he will play a greater role in post xmas 2 dayers as there is alot of talk around the club about why play swirskis if your not going to bowlllllllllll him. With added responsibility he could become another one of our elite all rounders and his brother B Majtlis could prove to be one of the dashing up and comers of the VTCA

2009 is nearly here there is a spring in the step of people at crofts reserve ancc is on the vergeof a win its a great feeling

2009 is nearly here there is a spring in the step of people at crofts reserve ancc is on the vergeof a win its a great feeling

southern sledge;297508 said:
Hoppers were playing on one of the worst decks in the VTCA which would explain the low scores.Put both those sides on say a Altona North deck Hoppers would destroy them.

I don't know about you guys, but i find it hilarious that ordinary cricketers are blaming the pitches for thier poor batting.

well cheer up guys first round after xmas the following decks will be prepared by the following people so i expect to see muppets scoring tons.

ALBERT PARK -- Cameron Hodgkins (MCG)

PRINCES PARK -- Cameron Sutherland (WACA)

HOPPERS CROSSING -- Les Burdett (ADELAIDE OVAL)

HAMPTON -- Mike Hunt (LORDS)

CHELSEA -- Kevin Mitchell (GABBA)

if you guys dont score runs this week then shut up and concerntrate on cricket instead of talking jive, EVERYONE is sick and tired of the poor excuses!

southern sledge;297508 said:
Hoppers were playing on one of the worst decks in the VTCA which would explain the low scores.Put both those sides on say a Altona North deck Hoppers would destroy them.

I don't know about you guys, but i find it hilarious that ordinary cricketers are blaming the pitches for thier poor batting.

well cheer up guys first round after xmas the following decks will be prepared by the following people so i expect to see muppets scoring tons.

ALBERT PARK -- Cameron Hodgkins (MCG)

PRINCES PARK -- Cameron Sutherland (WACA)

HOPPERS CROSSING -- Les Burdett (ADELAIDE OVAL)

HAMPTON -- Mike Hunt (LORDS)

CHELSEA -- Kevin Mitchell (GABBA)

if you guys dont score runs this week then shut up and concerntrate on cricket instead of talking jive, EVERYONE is sick and tired of the poor excuses!

CHEWMEBAT;300068 said:
Where has he come from? saw him play earlier in the year..would probably be a better player if he actually stood up instead of playing on his knees.

he was coaching northcote 1's
he is a gun
good batsman and awesome spinner

CHEWMEBAT;300068 said:
Where has he come from? saw him play earlier in the year..would probably be a better player if he actually stood up instead of playing on his knees.

he was coaching northcote 1's
he is a gun
good batsman and awesome spinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back