VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

southern sledge;322083 said:
The VTCA has confirmed nothing except a decision will be made by 10.30 tomorrow, so i don't know where you get your mail from.

Try the Wet Weather line pal - 7fa is spot on.

The VTCA has confirmed nothing except a decision will be made by 10.30 tomorrow, so i don't know where you get your mail from.

R.Monger;322100 said:

Southern Sledge is spot on, text messgae went round to all clubs about an hour ago stating that a decision will be made tomorrow morning at 10:30am

R.Monger;322100 said:

Southern Sledge is spot on, text messgae went round to all clubs about an hour ago stating that a decision will be made tomorrow morning at 10:30am

If the VRC can re-schedule a Group 1 meeting 48hrs before , i cant see why the VTCA cant call off the day now.
If it were suppose to be 38 or 39 , fair enough , turn up but i just heard 44 so calling it off would seam fair enough.

If the VRC can re-schedule a Group 1 meeting 48hrs before , i cant see why the VTCA cant call off the day now.
If it were suppose to be 38 or 39 , fair enough , turn up but i just heard 44 so calling it off would seam fair enough.

BakersDozen;322133 said:

underarm bowler;322080 said:
If the temperature is anything like last week when it reached 43 it was at its hottest at 5pm.Clubs wouldn't expect to hang around til late afternoon...or would they!
For once trailing around the air conditioned shopping centre with the Mrs doesn't seem that bad an idea!:rolleyes:

A bit of calm fellas it was supposed to be 39 last week and it only got to 31,my point is they(bureau)can be wrong......better of turning up just in case;)

Underarm have lost your mind or your handbag???????:eek:

BakersDozen;322133 said:

underarm bowler;322080 said:
If the temperature is anything like last week when it reached 43 it was at its hottest at 5pm.Clubs wouldn't expect to hang around til late afternoon...or would they!
For once trailing around the air conditioned shopping centre with the Mrs doesn't seem that bad an idea!:rolleyes:

A bit of calm fellas it was supposed to be 39 last week and it only got to 31,my point is they(bureau)can be wrong......better of turning up just in case;)

Underarm have lost your mind or your handbag???????:eek:

southern sledge;322109 said:
Thanks Pal, get your facts right in your 1st post

Not sure what a moderator's role involves but you seem to be a smart*rse who likes to take cheap shots whenever the opportunity arises.

Ring the wet weather line and listen to Brian Quinn and you will find that my facts were right. Yes, there may yet be a decision at 10.30 but our club has not received any notification from the VTCA - Pal.

southern sledge;322109 said:
Thanks Pal, get your facts right in your 1st post

Not sure what a moderator's role involves but you seem to be a smart*rse who likes to take cheap shots whenever the opportunity arises.

Ring the wet weather line and listen to Brian Quinn and you will find that my facts were right. Yes, there may yet be a decision at 10.30 but our club has not received any notification from the VTCA - Pal.

Not Out;322411 said:
35 deg at 9.30am. No play today lads!

Hit the air conditioned pubs!

All you so called cricketers dont come upsetting the locals
today,why dont you stay and spend some of your cash
at your on clubs?Only 3 weeks to go before Mad Monday
thats when we will welcome you with open arms.
Just remember keep your Pot to your Mouth and your
ears to the ground.

Not Out;322411 said:
35 deg at 9.30am. No play today lads!

Hit the air conditioned pubs!

All you so called cricketers dont come upsetting the locals
today,why dont you stay and spend some of your cash
at your on clubs?Only 3 weeks to go before Mad Monday
thats when we will welcome you with open arms.
Just remember keep your Pot to your Mouth and your
ears to the ground.

CLOCKER;321970 said:
Rest assured the VTCA is far more pro-active than say the CMCA. You have a straightforward heat rule policy which is easily to follow. The CMCA will have teams playing in the 43 degree heat tomorrow with captains arguing whether to play on or not and finals spots on the line.Mickey Mouse executive.

Your comp must be fun to play in then?????

CLOCKER;321970 said:
Rest assured the VTCA is far more pro-active than say the CMCA. You have a straightforward heat rule policy which is easily to follow. The CMCA will have teams playing in the 43 degree heat tomorrow with captains arguing whether to play on or not and finals spots on the line.Mickey Mouse executive.

Your comp must be fun to play in then?????

I'm due a new handbag come to think of it!!!!
Southern you seem a bit uptight lately.....is this job getting to you.....you need to relax.After stepping outside it feels about 35 already!!! With conflicting reports does anyone have a clue whats going on!!?

Southern you seem a bit uptight lately.....is this job getting to you.....you need to relax.After stepping outside it feels about 35 already!!! With conflicting reports does anyone have a clue whats going on!!?

underarm bowler;322437 said:
Yes i am , its when people post things that arn't right about the VTCA. Some posters need to have a look at the rules regarding weather issues. The other thing is that Brian Quinn is not an exec member he does the Leading Edge and is the phone voice on the recorded messages. I would say he jumped the gun with a message during the week.
The CMCA last week called off junior cricket for Saturday on the Friday morning when it never got over 30 on the Saturday. This week they make the kids play when its high 30's, that is a umb decision.
Whatever you do your not going to please every club

underarm bowler;322437 said:
Yes i am , its when people post things that arn't right about the VTCA. Some posters need to have a look at the rules regarding weather issues. The other thing is that Brian Quinn is not an exec member he does the Leading Edge and is the phone voice on the recorded messages. I would say he jumped the gun with a message during the week.
The CMCA last week called off junior cricket for Saturday on the Friday morning when it never got over 30 on the Saturday. This week they make the kids play when its high 30's, that is a umb decision.

R.Monger;322416 said:

Seems to be a fair bit of agro and misinformed crap floating around on the site at present.
Contacted my source at the vtca to establish the facts.
Yes there was an early message posted to report to grounds.
This was recinded on Friday afternoon after they received an updated forecast.
The VTCA has a data base of over 250 Club contacts, supplied by the Clubs for such a situation.
A SMS message was sent to all these contacts Friday afternoon telling them that a final decision would be posted on the weather line at 10.30 Saturday morning.
Given that the message was sent, your statement that your Club was not notified is a little unbelievable.
If infact your Club did not receive notification it is your Clubs fault as their Association contacts on My Cricket are not up to date, which is a Club responsibility.

Am trying to get my VT contact to post on here with the facts, however with all the experts that post on here clamering to get on the Exec. next year, maybe he wont have a job.

R.Monger;322416 said:

Seems to be a fair bit of agro and misinformed crap floating around on the site at present.
Contacted my source at the vtca to establish the facts.
Yes there was an early message posted to report to grounds.
This was recinded on Friday afternoon after they received an updated forecast.
The VTCA has a data base of over 250 Club contacts, supplied by the Clubs for such a situation.
A SMS message was sent to all these contacts Friday afternoon telling them that a final decision would be posted on the weather line at 10.30 Saturday morning.
Given that the message was sent, your statement that your Club was not notified is a little unbelievable.
If infact your Club did not receive notification it is your Clubs fault as their Association contacts on My Cricket are not up to date, which is a Club responsibility.

Am trying to get my VT contact to post on here with the facts, however with all the experts that post on here clamering to get on the Exec. next year, maybe he wont have a job.

southern sledge;322481 said:

How u r a moderator is beyond me.. u r the cheap shot king & seem to know ************ all about the game...yet shoot your mouth every 5 minutes on this board

BDCC did not apply to play in the DDCA, get your facts right...
We are aiming to win 2 VTCA premierships this year...

The crap you spun about Dendy Park shows you are a moron. the sight of 5 teams (mens & womens) play down dendy park is unique in the area.. so it's not a palace, when the pitch is good it's a great place to play cricket. I hope u r bentleigh player cos your cheating mob r getting exactly what they deserve this year. it's a shame u'll stay up. Hopefully we won't have to worry about u next yr..

southern sledge;322481 said:

How u r a moderator is beyond me.. u r the cheap shot king & seem to know ************ all about the game...yet shoot your mouth every 5 minutes on this board

BDCC did not apply to play in the DDCA, get your facts right...
We are aiming to win 2 VTCA premierships this year...

The crap you spun about Dendy Park shows you are a moron. the sight of 5 teams (mens & womens) play down dendy park is unique in the area.. so it's not a palace, when the pitch is good it's a great place to play cricket. I hope u r bentleigh player cos your cheating mob r getting exactly what they deserve this year. it's a shame u'll stay up. Hopefully we won't have to worry about u next yr..

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;321028 said:
Then put your hand up & change it fella. Every year the clubs are advised through their delegates for any rule changes/feedback/suggestions. If you are not getting this info, ask your delegate why....the VTCa have shortcomings however this is not one of them.

To all those complaining about bonus points, put your hands up to implement a better system or sit back down.

2 choices:

1: Seperate match & bonus points & use bonus points to break ties.

2: Use the CMCA system:

6 points for a win, 10 for an outright win 3 for a draw/tie 4 for outright loss after 1st innings win. Instead of bonus points use %, which is: your runs scored divided by wickets lost over the opposition runs scores over wickets lost. This means that if u choose to bat on after a result you actually risk losing % if u lose wickets. This would stop the meaningless slog cricket played in the VTCA after the game result is decided in the pursuit of bonus points.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;321028 said:
Then put your hand up & change it fella. Every year the clubs are advised through their delegates for any rule changes/feedback/suggestions. If you are not getting this info, ask your delegate why....the VTCa have shortcomings however this is not one of them.

To all those complaining about bonus points, put your hands up to implement a better system or sit back down.

2 choices:

1: Seperate match & bonus points & use bonus points to break ties.

2: Use the CMCA system:

6 points for a win, 10 for an outright win 3 for a draw/tie 4 for outright loss after 1st innings win. Instead of bonus points use %, which is: your runs scored divided by wickets lost over the opposition runs scores over wickets lost. This means that if u choose to bat on after a result you actually risk losing % if u lose wickets. This would stop the meaningless slog cricket played in the VTCA after the game result is decided in the pursuit of bonus points.

If your club does not like the system in the VTCA, maybe you should move to the CMCA full time. I am not degrading Brighton Cent. but if your club is unhappy in the VTCA move on somewhere else.

If your club does not like the system in the VTCA, maybe you should move to the CMCA full time. I am not degrading Brighton Cent. but if your club is unhappy in the VTCA move on somewhere else.

The same line 'play in a different comp' is getting a bit boring.people are just trying to give ideas in which the VTCA, one of the best club comps in the state, can improve and move forward with the times.
Its a discussion so to just dismiss it with the same attitude is a bit blinkerd.

The same line 'play in a different comp' is getting a bit boring.people are just trying to give ideas in which the VTCA, one of the best club comps in the state, can improve and move forward with the times.
Its a discussion so to just dismiss it with the same attitude is a bit blinkerd.

underarm bowler;322843 said:
Yes i was a bit over the top but a few PM's might have stirred it up.
Also some of the comments in a deleted post yesterday were out of line.
We welcome discussion on all rules and policies of the VTCA as long as it is done in the proper manner.
And i do believe this is one of the best comps in the state, it has its problems like others but it is a healthy comp. with promotion and relegation, unlike the Subbies who get their money every year from CV and can just sit down the bottom of the ladder and go nowhere. At least in the VTCA you have the opportunity to go down a group and get your confidence back.
The biggest problem we have got is player payments.

underarm bowler;322843 said:
Yes i was a bit over the top but a few PM's might have stirred it up.
Also some of the comments in a deleted post yesterday were out of line.
We welcome discussion on all rules and policies of the VTCA as long as it is done in the proper manner.
And i do believe this is one of the best comps in the state, it has its problems like others but it is a healthy comp. with promotion and relegation, unlike the Subbies who get their money every year from CV and can just sit down the bottom of the ladder and go nowhere. At least in the VTCA you have the opportunity to go down a group and get your confidence back.
The biggest problem we have got is player payments.

is it true that there is some major problems down there at fairy land "also know as yccc "... okeffe did not play last game through injury and was nearly out again this week.. bronca torn hamstring "" was not going to play but got offered to play against doutta because they have a track record of loosing against the bottom teams... aslo andy cullen nearly overheated last w...

is it true that there is some major problems down there at fairy land "also know as yccc "... okeffe did not play last game through injury and was nearly out again this week.. bronca torn hamstring "" was not going to play but got offered to play against doutta because they have a track record of loosing against the bottom teams... aslo andy cullen nearly overheated last w...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back