VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

BakersDozen;320122 said:
As stated earlier, DSCC v ANCC last round could be a beauty with plenty at stake.

I'm tipping DSCC n ANCC to play a "double one-dayer" in the last round so 1 will win have the chance to win outright with a run chase in the "final" 40 overs of that game.
Look for declarations after 40 overs on day 1 of that game.[/QUOTE]

wouldn't be the 1st time this has happened.....only last year the opposition captain offered this to our skipper with 2 games to go...both sides needing to win outright to have any chance of the 4. Has bad sportsmanship and bust up written all over it. Although stops any chance of a dodgey wicket week 2!!!
Infact every game should be played like that.....maybe some of the young kids might want to play then!

BakersDozen;320122 said:
As stated earlier, DSCC v ANCC last round could be a beauty with plenty at stake.

I'm tipping DSCC n ANCC to play a "double one-dayer" in the last round so 1 will win have the chance to win outright with a run chase in the "final" 40 overs of that game.
Look for declarations after 40 overs on day 1 of that game.[/QUOTE]

wouldn't be the 1st time this has happened.....only last year the opposition captain offered this to our skipper with 2 games to go...both sides needing to win outright to have any chance of the 4. Has bad sportsmanship and bust up written all over it. Although stops any chance of a dodgey wicket week 2!!!
Infact every game should be played like that.....maybe some of the young kids might want to play then!

underarm bowler;320286 said:
Look for declarations after 40 overs on day 1 of that game.

Infact every game should be played like that.....maybe some of the young kids might want to play then![/QUOTE]

With sides throwing games in the last round in previous seasons allowing other sides to win outright and therfore move into the top 4, what are peoples thoughts on the last game of the year being a one day game to stop this happening. I propose the two one day games after Christmas actually be replaced with the last 2 games of the year actually being the one day games and we are straight intothe two dayers first game back after Christmas

underarm bowler;320286 said:
Look for declarations after 40 overs on day 1 of that game.

Infact every game should be played like that.....maybe some of the young kids might want to play then![/QUOTE]

With sides throwing games in the last round in previous seasons allowing other sides to win outright and therfore move into the top 4, what are peoples thoughts on the last game of the year being a one day game to stop this happening. I propose the two one day games after Christmas actually be replaced with the last 2 games of the year actually being the one day games and we are straight intothe two dayers first game back after Christmas

With sides throwing games in the last round in previous seasons allowing other sides to win outright and therfore move into the top 4, what are peoples thoughts on the last game of the year being a one day game to stop this happening. I propose the two one day games after Christmas actually be replaced with the last 2 games of the year actually being the one day games and we are straight intothe two dayers first game back after Christmas[/QUOTE]

What a silly comment, a)any evidence of sides "throwing" games???? I have never seen anything close to it. b) 2 one day games leading into a Sat/Sun semi and then a 4 day GF..c'mon????

With sides throwing games in the last round in previous seasons allowing other sides to win outright and therfore move into the top 4, what are peoples thoughts on the last game of the year being a one day game to stop this happening. I propose the two one day games after Christmas actually be replaced with the last 2 games of the year actually being the one day games and we are straight intothe two dayers first game back after Christmas[/QUOTE]

What a silly comment, a)any evidence of sides "throwing" games???? I have never seen anything close to it. b) 2 one day games leading into a Sat/Sun semi and then a 4 day GF..c'mon????

Red Ink No.8;320589 said:

What a silly comment, a)any evidence of sides "throwing" games???? I have never seen anything close to it. b) 2 one day games leading into a Sat/Sun semi and then a 4 day GF..c'mon????[/QUOTE]

A) Evidence Rd 11 06 / 07 North A1 Abers V Westmeadows. St.Bernards miss out on finals due to prior arrangement which half the comp knew about. Abers were not short on keeping there intentions known in previous rounds having beers with the opposition.

A) Evidence Rd 11 03 / 04 North A1 Footscray United v Flemington - Check out the scores, pretty obvious one to me. You would have thought that with Mulheron 35 not out and Nicolas (45 in the previous game) that Flemington still had a chance of chasing down the runs required on the postage stamp of a ground. Keilor Park miss out on the finals after spending 10 rounds in the top 4.

Red Ink No.8;320589 said:

What a silly comment, a)any evidence of sides "throwing" games???? I have never seen anything close to it. b) 2 one day games leading into a Sat/Sun semi and then a 4 day GF..c'mon????[/QUOTE]

A) Evidence Rd 11 06 / 07 North A1 Abers V Westmeadows. St.Bernards miss out on finals due to prior arrangement which half the comp knew about. Abers were not short on keeping there intentions known in previous rounds having beers with the opposition.

A) Evidence Rd 11 03 / 04 North A1 Footscray United v Flemington - Check out the scores, pretty obvious one to me. You would have thought that with Mulheron 35 not out and Nicolas (45 in the previous game) that Flemington still had a chance of chasing down the runs required on the postage stamp of a ground. Keilor Park miss out on the finals after spending 10 rounds in the top 4.

Wallop said:

All this saga happened in my comp for years until it was changed a few years back---We now play 6pts only for a win on 1st inn,10pts for outright etc,etc(No bonus pts).......................also changed the rule that once there is a result in a 1dayer its game over(no outrights),its saves all the arguements;)

Wallop said:

All this saga happened in my comp for years until it was changed a few years back---We now play 6pts only for a win on 1st inn,10pts for outright etc,etc(No bonus pts).......................also changed the rule that once there is a result in a 1dayer its game over(no outrights),its saves all the arguements;)

hussler;320729 said:
Well fella this is the VTCA, if the clubs don't like it they can vote to get rid of it. Good to see you are enjoying your new comp.

hussler;320729 said:
Well fella this is the VTCA, if the clubs don't like it they can vote to get rid of it. Good to see you are enjoying your new comp.

bonus points vote? the VTCA exec vote on 'rules submissions' amongst themselves.
you can't vote on something that isn't being put to the member clubs.

bonus points vote? the VTCA exec vote on 'rules submissions' amongst themselves.
you can't vote on something that isn't being put to the member clubs.

southern sledge;320934 said:
Get your facts right, clubs at the end of the season can put in a submission. It has been put to the clubs before and been knocked back.

I know there was a submission last season put to the VTCA and there was no vote by the member clubs.

The VTCA exec love bonus points for the misguided reasoning that they give the association a point of difference from other associations (and they keep the game going to the end of the day). In fact, all they are is a terrible way to decide who are the four best teams for the season, leading to manipulation and teams playing finals who don't deserve to be there.

A much better solution is to split bonus points from win points, only using bonus points as a means of separating equal teams.

southern sledge;320934 said:
Get your facts right, clubs at the end of the season can put in a submission. It has been put to the clubs before and been knocked back.

I know there was a submission last season put to the VTCA and there was no vote by the member clubs.

The VTCA exec love bonus points for the misguided reasoning that they give the association a point of difference from other associations (and they keep the game going to the end of the day). In fact, all they are is a terrible way to decide who are the four best teams for the season, leading to manipulation and teams playing finals who don't deserve to be there.

A much better solution is to split bonus points from win points, only using bonus points as a means of separating equal teams.

southern sledge;320762 said:

Well fella, why is everyone sookin about it then???????????
I'll tell you why,cos its a crap system!!!!!!!!

southern sledge;320762 said:

hussler;321010 said:

Then put your hand up & change it fella. Every year the clubs are advised through their delegates for any rule changes/feedback/suggestions. If you are not getting this info, ask your delegate why....the VTCa have shortcomings however this is not one of them.

To all those complaining about bonus points, put your hands up to implement a better system or sit back down.

hussler;321010 said:

Then put your hand up & change it fella. Every year the clubs are advised through their delegates for any rule changes/feedback/suggestions. If you are not getting this info, ask your delegate why....the VTCa have shortcomings however this is not one of them.

To all those complaining about bonus points, put your hands up to implement a better system or sit back down.

zyxwvu;320956 said:

Your club also plays in the CMCA where they don't have bonus points, would it be easier to shift all your sides to hard wickets in that comp.
It would be better for everybody not to play on turf at Dendy Park and is it not true that Brighton Dist. applied to join the Dandenong Cricket Association. Maybe it would be better for everyone if you left the VTCA.

zyxwvu;320956 said:

Your club also plays in the CMCA where they don't have bonus points, would it be easier to shift all your sides to hard wickets in that comp.
It would be better for everybody not to play on turf at Dendy Park and is it not true that Brighton Dist. applied to join the Dandenong Cricket Association. Maybe it would be better for everyone if you left the VTCA.

southern sledge;321073 said:

Anyone have anything intelligent to contribute about the bonus points question and possible solutions? Sledge clearly doesn't.

southern sledge;321073 said:

Anyone have anything intelligent to contribute about the bonus points question and possible solutions? Sledge clearly doesn't.

zyxwvu;321111 said:
Answer the question, did your club apply to go the DDCA.
NorthClubsDontPayPlayers summed it up, if thats not good enough i don't know what is.

zyxwvu;321111 said:
Answer the question, did your club apply to go the DDCA.
NorthClubsDontPayPlayers summed it up, if thats not good enough i don't know what is.

pdog pizza's;321082 said:
Maybe Hampton could leave too?

why would we leave?????????????

i personally would rather play in a competition where each weeks a new challenge even if the results aren't going our way instead of playing as a very big fish in a small pond!

obviously you are getting sick of your small pond, but maybe you could move into one of the 'DROUGHTED DAMS' only 15% water left in them, you'd look SO Great in them.

GO HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pdog pizza's;321082 said:
Maybe Hampton could leave too?

why would we leave?????????????

i personally would rather play in a competition where each weeks a new challenge even if the results aren't going our way instead of playing as a very big fish in a small pond!

obviously you are getting sick of your small pond, but maybe you could move into one of the 'DROUGHTED DAMS' only 15% water left in them, you'd look SO Great in them.

GO HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also while on here like to Congratulate YP and Keilor for SHOWING SOME BALLS and thinking outside of the square, obvioulsy something the remainder of the clubs and association cant do.

maybe their actions me result in the association coming to terms with modern times and stop running the show like it's still 1948

I would also while on here like to Congratulate YP and Keilor for SHOWING SOME BALLS and thinking outside of the square, obvioulsy something the remainder of the clubs and association cant do.

maybe their actions me result in the association coming to terms with modern times and stop running the show like it's still 1948

Kev Davis;321160 said:

We want Hampton to stay. Cause we still love BIG KEV at spotswood. :):

Kev Davis;321160 said:

We want Hampton to stay. Cause we still love BIG KEV at spotswood. :):

Heres another slant on it...and i expect a backlash but it is an open forum.
All games should be one dayers, winning side gets 20 points no questions asked. The losing side fights for the bonus points. 1 point for reaching 125 and then 1 point every further 25 runs....max of 5.
bowling points, 1 point every 2 wickets taken...max of 5.
Game is over when its won. 45 overs start at midday!

Heres another slant on it...and i expect a backlash but it is an open forum.
All games should be one dayers, winning side gets 20 points no questions asked. The losing side fights for the bonus points. 1 point for reaching 125 and then 1 point every further 25 runs....max of 5.
bowling points, 1 point every 2 wickets taken...max of 5.
Game is over when its won. 45 overs start at midday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back