VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

underarm bowler;321222 said:
Heres another slant on it...and i expect a backlash but it is an open forum.
All games should be one dayers, winning side gets 20 points no questions asked. The losing side fights for the bonus points. 1 point for reaching 125 and then 1 point every further 25 runs....max of 5.
bowling points, 1 point every 2 wickets taken...max of 5.
Game is over when its won. 45 overs start at midday!

Finally someone who speaks sense!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on, however play the bonus points system similar to the Ford Ranger Cup:

Team bowling second bowls opp out before 30th - they get bonus point

Team batting second gets runs before 30th they get bonus point

NIETHER team achieves it within 30 overs - NO BONUS POINT

VERY SIMPLE REALLY

At the end of the day, you rely on bonus points to survive or make the finals, your obviously not good enough to be there.

just out of curiosity is there any way of viewing the ladder without bonus points included?????

underarm bowler;321222 said:
Heres another slant on it...and i expect a backlash but it is an open forum.
All games should be one dayers, winning side gets 20 points no questions asked. The losing side fights for the bonus points. 1 point for reaching 125 and then 1 point every further 25 runs....max of 5.
bowling points, 1 point every 2 wickets taken...max of 5.
Game is over when its won. 45 overs start at midday!

Finally someone who speaks sense!!!!!!!!!!!

Spot on, however play the bonus points system similar to the Ford Ranger Cup:

Team bowling second bowls opp out before 30th - they get bonus point

Team batting second gets runs before 30th they get bonus point

NIETHER team achieves it within 30 overs - NO BONUS POINT

VERY SIMPLE REALLY

At the end of the day, you rely on bonus points to survive or make the finals, your obviously not good enough to be there.

just out of curiosity is there any way of viewing the ladder without bonus points included?????

Yeh not a bad idea Kev but might be a larger amount of clubs seperated by a single point or on the same points at the end of the year (which could be fun).Got to try and liven up saturday afternoons somehow....other than match fixing.

Yeh not a bad idea Kev but might be a larger amount of clubs seperated by a single point or on the same points at the end of the year (which could be fun).Got to try and liven up saturday afternoons somehow....other than match fixing.

underarm bowler;321269 said:

Yeah thats true, but surely then runs for and against could decide the fate of the 2 teams on same amount of points:

eg: spottie and keilor both on 26pts Kielor scored 1465 runs for the season spottie scored 1377 then keilor progress. should the 2 teams be tied on points and runs scored, the the team with LESS runs against progress.

thoughts on how would work?

underarm bowler;321269 said:

Yeah thats true, but surely then runs for and against could decide the fate of the 2 teams on same amount of points:

eg: spottie and keilor both on 26pts Kielor scored 1465 runs for the season spottie scored 1377 then keilor progress. should the 2 teams be tied on points and runs scored, the the team with LESS runs against progress.

This is something that has annoyed me for years about the bonus points though as those with smaller grounds are at an advantage with runs for....although would lose out on runs against.

This is something that has annoyed me for years about the bonus points though as those with smaller grounds are at an advantage with runs for....although would lose out on runs against.

Kev Davis;321283 said:

multiplied by the number of spanners in a sidchrome tool set? :D

Kev Davis;321283 said:

I have heard a rumour from a very good source that one Steve Brne has now walked out on Willy CYMS. Will he head back to Albion for the final two games or just not play again this year, or ever????

I have heard a rumour from a very good source that one Steve Brne has now walked out on Willy CYMS. Will he head back to Albion for the final two games or just not play again this year, or ever????

Canary Yellow;321506 said:

Surely not?

43c forecast for Saturday and although predictions are usally wrong, being so close to Saturday perhaps this week they might be right, if that makes sense?
One-dayer next week reduces bonus points for those who might need them....

Surely not?

43c forecast for Saturday and although predictions are usally wrong, being so close to Saturday perhaps this week they might be right, if that makes sense?

Javid Miandmum;321509 said:
Surely not?

If so hopefully they call it all off early so we can head to the beach. Last thing I want to do is wait around in case it gets below 38 at 4pm.

Surely not?

If so hopefully they call it all off early so we can head to the beach. Last thing I want to do is wait around in case it gets below 38 at 4pm.

beached as;321341 said:

Mate fair dinkum, you are the first to jump on anyone for crticism saying " add something constructive" and you come out with crapola like that, wtf? Moderator?? Please..... more like jargonator!!

beached as;321341 said:

Mate fair dinkum, you are the first to jump on anyone for crticism saying " add something constructive" and you come out with crapola like that, wtf? Moderator?? Please..... more like jargonator!!

Too Old Body Broke;321588 said:

I'm also the one who lets a fair bit of off topic fun go through to the keeper. Think G.Turner updates.

Also if you look in the past, its generally because things start getting personal and if you bothered to read the rules of the sign you agreed to follow before signing on, you would see personal abuse between posters is something that won't be tolerated.

Too Old Body Broke;321588 said:

I'm also the one who lets a fair bit of off topic fun go through to the keeper. Think G.Turner updates.

Also if you look in the past, its generally because things start getting personal and if you bothered to read the rules of the sign you agreed to follow before signing on, you would see personal abuse between posters is something that won't be tolerated.

springbox;319784 said:
why doesn't ruts and bakes get together during the week and get a result happening this week, both played at ess, could be on the cards

Who let all the Essendon rejects in the comp,contrieved results,
Bat throwing tantrums,semi final punch ups,doctured wickets
must have been fun playing against all these dimwits when they
were all together.:

springbox;319784 said:
why doesn't ruts and bakes get together during the week and get a result happening this week, both played at ess, could be on the cards

Who let all the Essendon rejects in the comp,contrieved results,
Bat throwing tantrums,semi final punch ups,doctured wickets
must have been fun playing against all these dimwits when they
were all together.:

Kev Davis;321160 said:
I would also while on here like to Congratulate YP and Keilor for SHOWING SOME BALLS and thinking outside of the square, obvioulsy something the remainder of the clubs and association cant do.

maybe their actions me result in the association coming to terms with modern times and stop running the show like it's still 1948

Keilor have been doing this 4 a while now.Have a look
last game last year v Yccc 2nds ,first day both sides
batted 4 4o overs each all though no outright come of it.:

Kev Davis;321160 said:
I would also while on here like to Congratulate YP and Keilor for SHOWING SOME BALLS and thinking outside of the square, obvioulsy something the remainder of the clubs and association cant do.

maybe their actions me result in the association coming to terms with modern times and stop running the show like it's still 1948

Keilor have been doing this 4 a while now.Have a look
last game last year v Yccc 2nds ,first day both sides
batted 4 4o overs each all though no outright come of it.:

beached as;321591 said:

hello all. first time poster long time reader. The Turner updates are a special part of this forum by the look of it. So as I have inside information on the greatman it's time for an update.

Turner last seen fielding in the 4th at yccc 2 weeks ago. drunk as a skunk and trying to order take away beers from his local via mobile phone only to realise that he was talking to his wife on the phone???? Apparently fronted wearing a druids top saying that he coached them to a flag as well so why not?

Meanwhile in breaking news due to the heatwave turner has again be sleeping in the local bins hoping for somebody to drop a half full can in so he can save a quid due to the economic down turn. He is quoted as saying "I'm doing my bit what about you clowns?" Fatcholli and Taylor are still insisting that they alone can eat the country back onto an even keel?? Time will tell my friends.

beached as;321591 said:

hello all. first time poster long time reader. The Turner updates are a special part of this forum by the look of it. So as I have inside information on the greatman it's time for an update.

Turner last seen fielding in the 4th at yccc 2 weeks ago. drunk as a skunk and trying to order take away beers from his local via mobile phone only to realise that he was talking to his wife on the phone???? Apparently fronted wearing a druids top saying that he coached them to a flag as well so why not?

Meanwhile in breaking news due to the heatwave turner has again be sleeping in the local bins hoping for somebody to drop a half full can in so he can save a quid due to the economic down turn. He is quoted as saying "I'm doing my bit what about you clowns?" Fatcholli and Taylor are still insisting that they alone can eat the country back onto an even keel?? Time will tell my friends.

Dont know about "walked out". May have been pushed. Had meeting with coach who wasnt happy with his attitude and commitment and they "mutually" decided not to go continue

Dont know about "walked out". May have been pushed. Had meeting with coach who wasnt happy with his attitude and commitment and they "mutually" decided not to go continue

rubble;321721 said:

mate, you should have just stayed a long time reader, cause with a slight alteration of your name, that was one of the most rable comments ive heard.
i hate hearing imbociles like you making fun of blokes whose talent you wished you had.
keep your comments half decent goose

rubble;321721 said:

mate, you should have just stayed a long time reader, cause with a slight alteration of your name, that was one of the most rable comments ive heard.
i hate hearing imbociles like you making fun of blokes whose talent you wished you had.
keep your comments half decent goose

Surely not?

One can only hope the VTCA act decisively on this matter. I would expect an email late today advising of a one-dayer next week if the forecast stacks up the way it has been.

Last thing you need is to be hanging around like a stale bottle all afternoon waiting for the mercury to drop below 38. And as an added bonus, it will also negate some of the "interesting" results that occur at this time of the season between sides just hovering outside the 4

Surely not?

One can only hope the VTCA act decisively on this matter. I would expect an email late today advising of a one-dayer next week if the forecast stacks up the way it has been.

Last thing you need is to be hanging around like a stale bottle all afternoon waiting for the mercury to drop below 38. And as an added bonus, it will also negate some of the "interesting" results that occur at this time of the season between sides just hovering outside the 4

Southern Son;321937 said:

Rest assured the VTCA is far more pro-active than say the CMCA. You have a straightforward heat rule policy which is easily to follow. The CMCA will have teams playing in the 43 degree heat tomorrow with captains arguing whether to play on or not and finals spots on the line.Mickey Mouse executive.

Rest assured the VTCA is far more pro-active than say the CMCA. You have a straightforward heat rule policy which is easily to follow. The CMCA will have teams playing in the 43 degree heat tomorrow with captains arguing whether to play on or not and finals spots on the line.Mickey Mouse executive.

This from the VTCA

The VTCA has confirmed that this week will not be called off due to the forecast. We must report to the ground and follow the extreme heat procedures (i.e. call the Melbourne Weather line x1196 prior to play and every half hour during play).

This from the VTCA

The VTCA has confirmed that this week will not be called off due to the forecast. We must report to the ground and follow the extreme heat procedures (i.e. call the Melbourne Weather line x1196 prior to play and every half hour during play).

If the temperature is anything like last week when it reached 43 it was at its hottest at 5pm.Clubs wouldn't expect to hang around til late afternoon...or would they!
For once trailing around the air conditioned shopping centre with the Mrs doesn't seem that bad an idea!:rolleyes:

If the temperature is anything like last week when it reached 43 it was at its hottest at 5pm.Clubs wouldn't expect to hang around til late afternoon...or would they!
For once trailing around the air conditioned shopping centre with the Mrs doesn't seem that bad an idea!:rolleyes:

7/564;321982 said:
This from the VTCA

The VTCA has confirmed nothing except a decision will be made by 10.30 tomorrow, so i don't know where you get your mail from.

7/564;321982 said:
This from the VTCA

The VTCA has confirmed nothing except a decision will be made by 10.30 tomorrow, so i don't know where you get your mail from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back