VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best cricketers in the VTCA

Half of the 2 grand finallists, Skate, Contessa, Mullaney, Russell, Jeffery, Ion, Rutley, McGann, Docksey, Tate, Fraser, Albers, Judd.. and thats off the top of my head.

C.M. Shyam
J. Chapple
J. Searry
S. Eastwood
R. Lancaster (best spinner in comp)

T-Bone;143813 said:
C.M. Shyam
J. Chapple
J. Searry
S. Eastwood
R. Lancaster (best spinner in comp)
yOUR KIDDING AREN'T YA!!

HERES MY TEAM OF THE YEAR

J BAKER (OF COURSE)
A RUSSELL
S PORTER
T JEFFERY
S MULLANEY
A CONTESSA
J TAYLOR
J SIMPSON
R RUTLEY
M AUCIELLO
B TANKARD

NOT A BAD SIDE...THINK I'LL BE VICE CAPTAIN!!

Your pretty spot ontthere Bakes, nice team. I'm glad you put an OEG player in, in T.J. but you have never played him. Maybe Dave Graham. Pity about Taylor, im sure you will lift though.. Not like last time when you and brown both got pairs..

mickeybee;144001 said:
Your pretty spot ontthere Bakes, nice team. I'm glad you put an OEG player in, in T.J. but you have never played him. Maybe Dave Graham. Pity about Taylor, im sure you will lift though.. Not like last time when you and brown both got pairs..

Na Big Dave Graham would eat all the arvo tea!! And they were golden pairs my friend..get it right!!

bakes;143994 said:
yOUR KIDDING AREN'T YA!!

J BAKER (OF COURSE)
A RUSSELL
S PORTER
T JEFFERY
S MULLANEY
A CONTESSA
J TAYLOR
J SIMPSON
R RUTLEY
M AUCIELLO
B TANKARD

no tocka???

i would include 1 player from chelsea

CM Shyam - one of chelsea's leading batsmen and an effective leggie who has also has previously represented Under 19 India

bakes;143994 said:
yOUR KIDDING AREN'T YA!!

J BAKER (OF COURSE)
A RUSSELL
S PORTER
T JEFFERY
S MULLANEY
A CONTESSA
J TAYLOR
J SIMPSON
R RUTLEY
M AUCIELLO
B TANKARD

Matty Lalor - Mentone Gun...!!!!!!

Bakes, what's going on.. Caught off a no ball again, on zero!!! nice knock though to get 90 and put those Keilor boys in trouble.. And yes, contessa is def in the top few in the VTCA, but putting a mentone boy in the top few sounds like an ozymoron to me, but anyway...

On my travels around cricket games this week I would have to say Zahorodni of Tullamarine is a very good player. Made 176 in the North B1 Grand Final and is a fine all rounder.

Just looking at his stats this season hes taken 30 odd wickets with an eco rate of 1.6 :eek: Not to mention the 600 runs hes scored now!

How long before Keilor or Yarraville Club start throwing ridiculous amounts of coin?

I knew someone else from senior div was missing... Although he hasn't had as good a season, Darrel Brown has to be in.. He looks pretty bloody intimidating..

yeah i carried the side again, was a nice little knock(and was shiitfaced at o'sullivans friday night to)..should have tonned up though!!

played with zahrodni at essendon, well he played 3s i played 1s..not a bad player ..but please..he's playing a very poor standard..big fish in a small pond!!
as for big darrell brown..has a heart the size of a pea but does have a fair slong..not good enough to make my team of the year though.. not enough bananas to keep him happy!!

Bakes, its a grand final. Greenvale are no slouches. As much as the general standard of North B is bordering on hopeless, Greenvale have some good players.

Zahorodni would be a more than handy player for a senior a club. Its been a few seasons since you were at Essendon and he was a prominent 2s player last season there.

By the way Bakes, whats the story with Mark Williams? Played 2s all year... no commitment? Injuries?

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;145724 said:
Bakes, its a grand final. Greenvale are no slouches. As much as the general standard of North B is bordering on hopeless, Greenvale have some good players.

Zahorodni would be a more than handy player for a senior a club. Its been a few seasons since you were at Essendon and he was a prominent 2s player last season there.

By the way Bakes, whats the story with Mark Williams? Played 2s all year... no commitment? Injuries?

Just not good enough pal, if selection went on arrogance he'd straight in for sure..followes me around like a little puppy dog too..very hard being everyones hero i tell ya!!

refuse to talk about north b anymore, thats a very very poor standard!

bakes;145733 said:
Just not good enough pal, if selection went on arrogance he'd straight in for sure..followes me around like a little puppy dog too..very hard being everyones hero i tell ya!!

refuse to talk about north b anymore, thats a very very poor standard!

Prehaps you two could open the batting in that 'Arrogance XI' ;)

By the way, any chance of playing for your junior club out in the future?

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;145986 said:
Prehaps you two could open the batting in that 'Arrogance XI' ;)

By the way, any chance of playing for your junior club out in the future?

What are you saying? Abers? dont know if they could afford me and clinton stuart..and i'm not sure that abers could handle the 2 worst dunks in melbourne!!

Royal then O'Sullys friday night if anyone is keen to get in a shout with the great man!!

bakes;145994 said:
What are you saying? Abers? dont know if they could afford me and clinton stuart..and i'm not sure that abers could handle the 2 worst dunks in melbourne!!

Royal then O'Sullys friday night if anyone is keen to get in a shout with the great man!!

Money isnt everything. Sure its great to get paid for something you do, but its also about personal motivations. Setting yourself new challenges.

Personally I found cricket boring in my last full year of cricket at 16 years of age making runs in a great side. Playing this year in a side that scrapped to stay out of relegation in Senior A this year was a great challenge and I enjoyed it immensely.

What else is there to do at Yarraville Club? Prehaps its time to set yourself new challenges and help a team in North A/South A or Senior A get to the top? Even if it is a crappy standard surely you wouldnt have a problem plundering close to 1000 runs a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back