VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best cricketers in the VTCA

Mario Aucello Fan Club;147032 said:
If you blokes are serious in here about the best cricketers in the VTCA, then I am amzed you have not mentioned the greatest by far more often. At least Bakes you snuck him in your team of the year.

Mighty Mario plays on a road almost as good as Yarravilles every week, yet still manages to top the wicket takers in the comp - at 41 years old. Lalor bowls on a mushroom patch week in week out and can't get near that, he wouldn't make the third best team. Mario has an economy rate second to none, and has had for 10 years. Mario plays in a team that would struggle to win games in North A yet still bags wickets. The Altona Ethnics only win as many games as they do because Spotswood, Youlden and Mentone somehow are in the highest grade - well, no longer for Mentone, and not much more for the other 2 surely.

As far as actual skill goes, Mario is by far the best in the comp. He has no natural gifts, he aint tall, he ain't black, he ain't athletic, and he wouldn't have had much practice in the back yard as his 2 brothers can't hold a bat. Whilst his cousins were kicking soccer balls with their heads, eating mortadello, and sneaking grappa from poppa's garage, he was mastering the craft of quality seam bowling.

MARIO is by far the best bowler in the competition!!!!

Where's my bloody fan club? Best i get onto the buckley park boys, and all the girls at the royal to start one up for me..Not sure if Mario would be all that happy with his fan club not even being able to spell his surname correctly!! think there's an i in there somewhere??
He does go alright Mario, hasn't got too much competiton though at altona, that boucher's gotta be the biggest fukwit in the comp behind that little keilor opening batsman gonzo, thinks he can smack like the bakes..kiddin himself..goes better than me with the wenches though!! back to mario, no wonder he takes so many wickets , he bowles 40 overs from one end , there's hope for all you boring medium pacers yet..mario, barney(douttas), barney(youlden), contessa...all boring cricketers ..anyone can come in and throw down the little salami like mario!! it takes a real cricketer to come out and go ********en bang from word go..anyway gotta go iron my yarraville tracksuit cos i'm off to the pub for a couple of red hots...

Bingo, don't you play for Yarra Valley, pretty sure your not in the VTCA, but thanks for your insightful comment anyway.

Despite the fact that Bakes seems to be pretty pleased with the way he is playing at the moment, i think we have to recognise that he is, infact in front by a country mile at the moment. Can't argue with his stats over the past few years, prob see if he can back it up with some other talent at the Royal on Sunday night.

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow, we are close to a win in the Senior north 2's against Keilor, but grand finals are bastards of things, anything can happen

bakes;147058 said:
Where's my bloody fan club? Best i get onto the buckley park boys, and all the girls at the royal to start one up for me..Not sure if Mario would be all that happy with his fan club not even being able to spell his surname correctly!! think there's an i in there somewhere??
He does go alright Mario, hasn't got too much competiton though at altona, that boucher's gotta be the biggest fukwit in the comp behind that little keilor opening batsman gonzo, thinks he can smack like the bakes..kiddin himself..goes better than me with the wenches though!! back to mario, no wonder he takes so many wickets , he bowles 40 overs from one end , there's hope for all you boring medium pacers yet..mario, barney(douttas), barney(youlden), contessa...all boring cricketers ..anyone can come in and throw down the little salami like mario!! it takes a real cricketer to come out and go ********en bang from word go..anyway gotta go iron my yarraville tracksuit cos i'm off to the pub for a couple of red hots...

Bakes. I notice you didn't mention your own medium pace crap. Our Mario would eat you (like a llttle red salami) anyday!!!

mickeybee;147187 said:
Bingo, don't you play for Yarra Valley, pretty sure your not in the VTCA, but thanks for your insightful comment anyway.

Despite the fact that Bakes seems to be pretty pleased with the way he is playing at the moment, i think we have to recognise that he is, infact in front by a country mile at the moment. Can't argue with his stats over the past few years, prob see if he can back it up with some other talent at the Royal on Sunday night.

Anyway, good luck for tomorrow, we are close to a win in the Senior north 2's against Keilor, but grand finals are bastards of things, anything can happen

By the way, enjoy celebrating another 2's flag with a cup of tea & home by 8.00pm. Maybe you should just swap X1's with that pitiful existence you call a Senior Division team.

bakes;143994 said:
yOUR KIDDING AREN'T YA!!

HERES MY TEAM OF THE YEAR

J BAKER (OF COURSE)
A RUSSELL
S PORTER
T JEFFERY
S MULLANEY
A CONTESSA
J TAYLOR
J SIMPSON
R RUTLEY
M AUCIELLO
B TANKARD

NOT A BAD SIDE...THINK I'LL BE VICE CAPTAIN!!

Ash would not play in the same team as u bakes.. your a big headed up yourself ugly man! and im sure everyone here agrees.!

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;146089 said:
Money isnt everything. Sure its great to get paid for something you do, but its also about personal motivations. Setting yourself new challenges.

Personally I found cricket boring in my last full year of cricket at 16 years of age making runs in a great side. Playing this year in a side that scrapped to stay out of relegation in Senior A this year was a great challenge and I enjoyed it immensely.

What else is there to do at Yarraville Club? Prehaps its time to set yourself new challenges and help a team in North A/South A or Senior A get to the top? Even if it is a crappy standard surely you wouldnt have a problem plundering close to 1000 runs a season?

Yes mate, money is everything to this bloke. as you can see in his picture and when u talk to him he is an un educated man! so he is probably on the rock and roll from centrelink. what if we go tell centrelink about the yarraville club bake. im sure you wouldnt have declared all that money on your doll forms!

Does anyone know of any incentive payment structures for for senior North A & B Division teams. Looking to introduce incentives for local A turf team in the willi comp next season, and trying to work out the average going rate these does.

WDCAcricketer;147637 said:
Does anyone know of any incentive payment structures for for senior North A & B Division teams. Looking to introduce incentives for local A turf team in the willi comp next season, and trying to work out the average going rate these does.

Mate. Most clubs in North A & B will pay good money for their main players such as Willy CYMS, Greenvale & Tullamarine. Its like all grades in North in VTCA; the more you pay, the more time you'll play off.

The good thing about that is that either Keilor or Yarraville Club still have to lose every year after paying $50,000 & $80,000 respectively.
This year Keilor lost by 2 runs. Another protest maybe....HA HA HA HA!!!!!

I would have to say its incentive based.

A few clubs give a mark, say 200 or 250 runs, and pay $1 per run every run over (eg. 200 + $1 per run)

Some others do it by game. Score a 50, get $50. And $1 for every run over. Then for 100 get $100 and pay $2 for every run over 100.

For bowling it works a similular way. $20 a wicket and a bonus for taking more than 5 or a certain cash figure for a certain amount of wickets.

On a side note for Bakes, Zaharodni took 8 fa off 45 overs as the other mob made 160.
Thats a fair collection for a Grand Final, with blokes like Courts playing for the opposition and some other experienced VTCA journeymen. I tell ya if was a prez and had cash to dish I'd be having a chat to him!

Russ Da Moose;147429 said:
Ash would not play in the same team as u bakes.. your a big headed up yourself ugly man! and im sure everyone here agrees.!

Moose.. EASY CHAMP.. Tiger from Douttas here mate.. Having played against both Ash & Bakes. I'd have to say Bakes is the better player mate. He has had a ripper last 2 years.. Easy on the sledgeing too mate.. Afew beers in Bakes and i think he could make his way up the freeway and cut loose.. Not a man I would want to be publicly bagging too much (knowing him personally) The old grub dog has been known to throw a few cut lunches in his time after a few beers so just be careful mate.

See you didnt have a bad year yourself mate.

ps has that bloke down at fine leg opened his eyes yet from that blinder he took of my pull shot! doubt it!

Tiger09;147944 said:
Moose.. EASY CHAMP.. Tiger from Douttas here mate.. Having played against both Ash & Bakes. I'd have to say Bakes is the better player mate. He has had a ripper last 2 years.. Easy on the sledgeing too mate.. Afew beers in Bakes and i think he could make his way up the freeway and cut loose.. Not a man I would want to be publicly bagging too much (knowing him personally) The old grub dog has been known to throw a few cut lunches in his time after a few beers so just be careful mate.

See you didnt have a bad year yourself mate.

ps has that bloke down at fine leg opened his eyes yet from that blinder he took of my pull shot! doubt it!

Tiger.. How are ya buddy? Look im not happy with Bakes bagging my old lady and he is clearly stating that he is the best player in the comp. No need to get personal. YES he has had a good couple of seasons but he does not have the extra pressures as what Ash does with captaining the team and leading by example too.
Fair mate of yours Bakes not including you in his team of the year. You'd be in mine and your more than welcome to come play up at South next season mate. I think this season was the only game you didnt score over 50 against us in about the last 4 years. Yeah i think it was sags that took that catch, thank F#$k for that or else the game could have ended up a different way if you got in. Wasnt that the night you and your Sri Lankan import had a heavy night before with some bird i think?
Anyways Tiger, I personally know Ash is the best in the comp, im not being biased cos he is my brother, but talking to everyone they say he is which just backs my point across.
And if you do see Bakes just tell him to watch himself.. And whats with this "grub dog"? doesnt he shower or something. Back to work now. @|
MOOSE

OHHHHHHH NO BALL!!;147706 said:
I would have to say its incentive based.

A few clubs give a mark, say 200 or 250 runs, and pay $1 per run every run over (eg. 200 + $1 per run)

Some others do it by game. Score a 50, get $50. And $1 for every run over. Then for 100 get $100 and pay $2 for every run over 100.

For bowling it works a similular way. $20 a wicket and a bonus for taking more than 5 or a certain cash figure for a certain amount of wickets.

On a side note for Bakes, Zaharodni took 8 fa off 45 overs as the other mob made 160.
Thats a fair collection for a Grand Final, with blokes like Courts playing for the opposition and some other experienced VTCA journeymen. I tell ya if was a prez and had cash to dish I'd be having a chat to him!

Thanks for the heads up. Did bit of research and if we went down the track of paying incentives with $1 run over 250 & $20 Dollars a wicket over 10 wickets, would be looking at a Player incentive budget roughly about $5,000 based on current season. I gather this would be rather small incentive budget compared to mid VTCA section clubs.

WDCAcricketer;147995 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Did bit of research and if we went down the track of paying incentives with $1 run over 250 & $20 Dollars a wicket over 10 wickets, would be looking at a Player incentive budget roughly about $5,000 based on current season. I gather this would be rather small incentive budget compared to mid VTCA section clubs.

Not really. Youll find only teams really looking to push the envelope (Keilor, YC) pay big dollars. My team is in Senior A and uses one of these incentive schemes.

The only exception is if you try to bid for a Captain/Coach who is and has been a very good player. Strathmore - David Tate, OEGCC - Tarique Jeffery are teams that do this sort of thing. The other option is trying to get an overseas player which would obviously incur costs. In the VTCA I believe you can do both (Have to paid/professional) players.

Any confirmed new player/coaching movements made for the comming 2007/2008 season yet?

WDCAcricketer;148696 said:
Any confirmed new player/coaching movements made for the comming 2007/2008 season yet?

Heard Berger is going to Yarraville Club. If true, just another of their "non professionals" playing for the love of the club.

Mario Aucello Fan Club;148702 said:
Heard Berger is going to Yarraville Club. If true, just another of their "non professionals" playing for the love of the club.

Would be interesting to see if they have a crack at Craig Sheedy from the subbies.

WDCAcricketer;148696 said:

yarraville ins..C BERGER, C SHEEDY, S WARNE, I UL HAQ,

....outs... Nil

WDCAcricketer;148703 said:
Would be interesting to see if they have a crack at Craig Sheedy from the subbies.

Would need to offer some pretty big coin, he is very good money at Willi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back