VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best cricketers in the VTCA

mickeybee;159485 said:
so did anyone find out the VTCA team of the year, the vtca website is useless... just wondering...

1. Justin BAKER
2. Ash RUSSELL
3. Michael O'KEEFE
4. John SIMPSON
5. Darrell BROWN
6. Adam CONTESSA [Captain]
7. Scott PORTER
8. Steven MULLANEY
9. John TAYLOR
10. Robert RUTLEY
11. Simon MATTHEWS

How Mario Auciello [36 wkts @ 16] didnt get a gig is beyond me.

The A.N. Special;159486 said:
1. Justin BAKER
2. Ash RUSSELL
3. Michael O'KEEFE
4. John SIMPSON
5. Darrell BROWN
6. Adam CONTESSA [Captain]
7. Scott PORTER
8. Steven MULLANEY
9. John TAYLOR
10. Robert RUTLEY
11. Simon MATTHEWS

How Mario Auciello [36 wkts @ 16] didnt get a gig is beyond me.

THanks heaps,
Looks a very good team, no OEG players unfortunatly, but that makes sense i guess..

THe only one i didn't know was mathews.. Got a duck in that game so back of my mind i guess, amazing he only scored 2 runs the entire year..? THats amazing, i reckon its harder to go through an entire year without at least edging one through the slips for 4..

Showy could never bat, would have batted 11 all year and probably did not get much of hit. Good bowler though !!

Where is Rigga from Keilor playing now ??

The Duke;159712 said:
Showy could never bat, would have batted 11 all year and probably did not get much of hit. Good bowler though !!

Where is Rigga from Keilor playing now ??

Showy had 5 ducks from 10 inningd 4 not outs 2 runs highes score of 1 average 0.33. Not all like Sir Don

Bowling was good at 31 wickets average of 17.2, 3 bags od 5 wickets and I bag of 4 wickets, himself and the other spin bowler at Youlden Parkville have me confussed.

Mario Aucello Fan Club;147032 said:
If you blokes are serious in here about the best cricketers in the VTCA, then I am amzed you have not mentioned the greatest by far more often. At least Bakes you snuck him in your team of the year.

Mighty Mario plays on a road almost as good as Yarravilles every week, yet still manages to top the wicket takers in the comp - at 41 years old. Lalor bowls on a mushroom patch week in week out and can't get near that, he wouldn't make the third best team. Mario has an economy rate second to none, and has had for 10 years. Mario plays in a team that would struggle to win games in North A yet still bags wickets. The Altona Ethnics only win as many games as they do because Spotswood, Youlden and Mentone somehow are in the highest grade - well, no longer for Mentone, and not much more for the other 2 surely.

As far as actual skill goes, Mario is by far the best in the comp. He has no natural gifts, he aint tall, he ain't black, he ain't athletic, and he wouldn't have had much practice in the back yard as his 2 brothers can't hold a bat. Whilst his cousins were kicking soccer balls with their heads, eating mortadello, and sneaking grappa from poppa's garage, he was mastering the craft of quality seam bowling.

MARIO is by far the best bowler in the competition!!!!
Who is this imposter??? Are you kidding me hangin ******** on Spotty, Mentone and Youldon. They have all achieved something that Altona Nth have not...... a premiership ****head!!!! You have absolutely no credibility at all!!!! AN are a bunch of losers......

been there done that;160876 said:
Who is this imposter??? Are you kidding me hangin ******** on Spotty, Mentone and Youldon. They have all achieved something that Altona Nth have not...... a premiership ****head!!!! You have absolutely no credibility at all!!!! AN are a bunch of losers......

Where do you play?

not happy jan

The A.N. Special;160904 said:
Where do you play?

Why is it important to know where I play. What is important to know is that Altona Nth got into Senior Division by default. That is, you were runner up in a gf and the vtca brought 2 sides up. Given to you on a platter!!! And you have the cheek to hang it on the 3 sides I mentioned. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Hoof Hearted!;160963 said:
not happy jan

He just needs to look in his own back yard before slingin ******** at other clubs. And I don't play play for any of the clubs he mentioned!!!! Believe me, A North don't have a whole lot to hang their hat on.:p

Any one out there interested in setting up a practice game in early september against a local team in the Williamstown Comp- Footscray ANA?
Willing to play away, or at home on mats as our turf table wont be ready.
Feel welcome to leave your details on pm in interested.
cheers

been there done that;161041 said:
Why is it important to know where I play. What is important to know is that Altona Nth got into Senior Division by default. That is, you were runner up in a gf and the vtca brought 2 sides up. Given to you on a platter!!! And you have the cheek to hang it on the 3 sides I mentioned. PLEASE!!!!!!!!

BEEN WHERE[/B]???? DONE WHAT????
WHO THE HELL IS THIS IMBECILE.
I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS FOR PEOPLE WITH OPINIONS OR FACTS, NOT FOR D---HEADS WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALTONA NORTH WON THE SENIOR"A" GRAND FINAL AGAINST WATSONIA IN 1998/99 AND HAVE MADE FINALS FIVE TIMES IN THE PAST 8 YEARS.
SPOTSWOOD WERE THE CLUB THAT WAS PUT UP TO SENIOR DIVISION WITHOUT WINNING A PREMIERSHIP WHEN SENIOR"A" WAS FORMED.

I'm tipping you're a Spotty 5ths player.

You'd have your ugly dial in about 3 of their runners up photos.

Suppose you need to take runners up photos when you can't win one. Keilor getting good at that too!!!

Now settle down Been Where Done What! No need to go off half cocked with no facts. For starters, an imposter doesn't take the most wickets in the comp, and land in the top 10 for all bowling stats for the 10th year running. Mario is no imposter, facts don't lie.

An imposter is more likely someone who plays in the 3rds or 4ths at Spotty or Mentone, and who's proudest moment in cricket was giving Roy Piccaone a rub down after he marks the boundary line or washing the whites of the "Youngs" family at Mentone for kicks...

Try what you will be the facts don't lie, Mario has every player from those three worthless clubs covered with ease. Whilst the rest of his family put their socks on under their thongs every Saturday and head off to Werribee South beach for an afternoon of bocce, vino and showing off their laser hair removed torsos, Mario contiunues to dominate this comp like no other, and don't you forget it.

Well well well....... pushed a few buttons have I?? I bet you play for Altona Nth womens side huh?? Not that there are any feminine cricketers but I am sure you fit in. And I will state again for the visually impared.... I do not play for any of these sides..............

Fair point on Mario and his family. I just don't know how he gets wickets!!! Crafty old grappa drinker he is. Are you sure you are not Mario's brother?? Or Mario himself???

A.N.C.C.O.C.;161120 said:
BEEN WHERE[/B]???? DONE WHAT????
WHO THE HELL IS THIS IMBECILE.
I THOUGHT THIS FORUM WAS FOR PEOPLE WITH OPINIONS OR FACTS, NOT FOR D---HEADS WHO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION ALTONA NORTH WON THE SENIOR"A" GRAND FINAL AGAINST WATSONIA IN 1998/99 AND HAVE MADE FINALS FIVE TIMES IN THE PAST 8 YEARS.
SPOTSWOOD WERE THE CLUB THAT WAS PUT UP TO SENIOR DIVISION WITHOUT WINNING A PREMIERSHIP WHEN SENIOR"A" WAS FORMED.

I stand corrected...... but I also stand by the fact that ANorth still do not have much to hang their hat on. I mean making finals 5 outa 8 years and still not won a gf???

Ben Dover;161490 said:
I'm tipping you're a Spotty 5ths player.

You'd have your ugly dial in about 3 of their runners up photos.

Suppose you need to take runners up photos when you can't win one. Keilor getting good at that too!!!

And I am tippin you play with the Anorth womens side!!!

And because you are obviously visually impared, I will state again that I DO NOT play with Spotty, Mentone or Youldon. I, like alot of players in the VTCA, just do not like Altona Nth. Live with it.

Mario Aucello Fan Club;161491 said:
Now settle down Been Where Done What! No need to go off half cocked with no facts. For starters, an imposter doesn't take the most wickets in the comp, and land in the top 10 for all bowling stats for the 10th year running. Mario is no imposter, facts don't lie.

An imposter is more likely someone who plays in the 3rds or 4ths at Spotty or Mentone, and who's proudest moment in cricket was giving Roy Piccaone a rub down after he marks the boundary line or washing the whites of the "Youngs" family at Mentone for kicks...

Try what you will be the facts don't lie, Mario has every player from those three worthless clubs covered with ease. Whilst the rest of his family put their socks on under their thongs every Saturday and head off to Werribee South beach for an afternoon of bocce, vino and showing off their laser hair removed torsos, Mario contiunues to dominate this comp like no other, and don't you forget it.

No wonder he gets wickets, he is that short he bowls from under the wicket and batsmen can't see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back