VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Gary Mac Hates The North;213701 said:
Ahh well, always next year for the mighty Bentleigh Demons.

I'm still trying to work out a way we can play off, but running out of ideas @ 10.20pm on the Friday Night.

I see Doutta have named their team:

Wigmore, Shannon
Gray, Kieren
Green, Ryan
McKinley, Cameron
Ion, Viv
Lamberti, Robert (+)
Cooper, Peter
Parry, Leigh
McFarlane, Blair
Rutley, Robert (c)
Tankard, Ben

Looks very strong with the inclusion of Parry & McFarlane batting @ 9.

Where is regular keeper Tate. Did he get dropped? I see his stats aren't too good.

Robbie Rutley makes the tough decisions!!! No Tate and no Clinton Stuart!!
Glenister and Morris haven't been seen either

Barney played 1 game in the twos and 2 in the ones...is he actually eligible? Do you only have to play 3 games total if your playing in a higher grade?

Anyway selection issues and chaos wont cause me to change my tip, Doutta Stars to hold aloft the Premiership and end a 3 year drought!!!

By the way the pitch is a `tad green at Spotswood, so win the toss and bowl Robbie!!

Gary Mac Hates The North;213701 said:
Ahh well, always next year for the mighty Bentleigh Demons.

I'm still trying to work out a way we can play off, but running out of ideas @ 10.20pm on the Friday Night.

I see Doutta have named their team:

Wigmore, Shannon
Gray, Kieren
Green, Ryan
McKinley, Cameron
Ion, Viv
Lamberti, Robert (+)
Cooper, Peter
Parry, Leigh
McFarlane, Blair
Rutley, Robert (c)
Tankard, Ben

Looks very strong with the inclusion of Parry & McFarlane batting @ 9.

Where is regular keeper Tate. Did he get dropped? I see his stats aren't too good.

Barney played 1 game in the twos and 2 in the ones...is he actually eligible? Do you only have to play 3 games total if your playing in a higher grade?

Anyway selection issues and chaos wont cause me to change my tip, Doutta Stars to hold aloft the Premiership and end a 3 year drought!!!

By the way the pitch is a `tad green at Spotswood, so win the toss and bowl Robbie!!

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;213723 said:

A 3 year drought ? F### me , what are every other club in , barring YCCC ??
Yes the pitch was green, and no ,he batted. Wrong move.
Pitch was a disgrace and the VTCA should , but wont ,have harsh words with Spotty curator. Good weather all week and 6 inches of grass left on it, disgraceful.

2-10 in second inning actually.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;213723 said:

A 3 year drought ? F### me , what are every other club in , barring YCCC ??
Yes the pitch was green, and no ,he batted. Wrong move.
Pitch was a disgrace and the VTCA should , but wont ,have harsh words with Spotty curator. Good weather all week and 6 inches of grass left on it, disgraceful.

2-10 in second inning actually.

jimmydcricket;213762 said:
lol doutta all out for 69 in there 1st innings, keilor all out for 140 odd

doutta 2/20 in there 2nd dig

this final will be over in 2 days

Prediction wrong jimmy and keilor have choked again 3 in a row hard decision have to be made,but who will make them ? The man DAISY SOS

jimmydcricket;213762 said:
lol doutta all out for 69 in there 1st innings, keilor all out for 140 odd

doutta 2/20 in there 2nd dig

this final will be over in 2 days

Prediction wrong jimmy and keilor have choked again 3 in a row hard decision have to be made,but who will make them ? The man DAISY SOS

CheeQuee;213963 said:
Been dead as a door nail in here.

Reaction/comments/observations on the first 2 days of GF action?
Come on people.

What an innings by Ion , comes in at 4-30 odd and sees his team to 255. Got to be one of, if not the best innings i've ever witnessed.
For Keilor to lose 3 wickets in 7 overs was demoralising , they are lucky the game didnt continue today coz if it did they would be dead.
Marcy would be shattered to get out 2nd last ball of the day.

CheeQuee;213963 said:

Come on people.

What an innings by Ion , comes in at 4-30 odd and sees his team to 255. Got to be one of, if not the best innings i've ever witnessed.
For Keilor to lose 3 wickets in 7 overs was demoralising , they are lucky the game didnt continue today coz if it did they would be dead.
Marcy would be shattered to get out 2nd last ball of the day.

Yeah i would agree with Marcy,slashing at one wide of off near stumps probably not the best thing to do :) As mentioned above Viv made 119 and was injured(hammy) and yeah in my mind the best innings ive seen :D and a great knock by big Peter Cooper 44 and a couple of others chipped in with high teens low twenty's which with what the wicket was doing,especially early on were very handy knocks.

And yeah at one stage 6/98 so to grind out 255 and nab 3 wickets at the close of play is sensational and a mighty effort.

The wicket seemed around early (day 2) and seemed to settle a bit as the day went on.I would say that next week if the wicket seems early as it has done on day one and two then Douttas should win,as they have a quality bowling line up and with three of Keilors best out the remaining 160 or whatever may be two much.

As i have mentioned to friends since the start of day one no matter what the result that wicket is a F'KN disgrace and they should never host a grannie again,good hot dogs though ;)

Also regarding the team that was posted earlier i can tell y'all that Jamie Tate is most certainly playing and keeping and Parry and Barney Mac are not playing with Merv Atkins as 12th man.

HIV

Yeah i would agree with Marcy,slashing at one wide of off near stumps probably not the best thing to do :) As mentioned above Viv made 119 and was injured(hammy) and yeah in my mind the best innings ive seen :D and a great knock by big Peter Cooper 44 and a couple of others chipped in with high teens low twenty's which with what the wicket was doing,especially early on were very handy knocks.

And yeah at one stage 6/98 so to grind out 255 and nab 3 wickets at the close of play is sensational and a mighty effort.

The wicket seemed around early (day 2) and seemed to settle a bit as the day went on.I would say that next week if the wicket seems early as it has done on day one and two then Douttas should win,as they have a quality bowling line up and with three of Keilors best out the remaining 160 or whatever may be two much.

As i have mentioned to friends since the start of day one no matter what the result that wicket is a F'KN disgrace and they should never host a grannie again,good hot dogs though ;)

Also regarding the team that was posted earlier i can tell y'all that Jamie Tate is most certainly playing and keeping and Parry and Barney Mac are not playing with Merv Atkins as 12th man.

HIV

NoBall;213630 said:
Agree, Dring keeps alright, but doesn't know which end of the bat he's supposed to hold. Biggest season being 120 runs, the rest in between 32 and 67.

I just reckon tupper should have stayed at yccc , might have helped em win a granny

NoBall;213630 said:
Agree, Dring keeps alright, but doesn't know which end of the bat he's supposed to hold. Biggest season being 120 runs, the rest in between 32 and 67.

I just reckon tupper should have stayed at yccc , might have helped em win a granny

Young Foulds played the innings of his life to put Strathmore in a strong position against the Keilor Seconds.(103n/o)

Foulds came in at no.3 when Strathmore were 2 for not many and has put us in an unbackable position. WE CAN NOT LOSE FROM HERE !!!!

5/198 Chasing 289!!!!! We have this wrapped up!!!!

Come and see us win the 2nds GF !!!

Go MORES !!!!!:D :D :D

Young Foulds played the innings of his life to put Strathmore in a strong position against the Keilor Seconds.(103n/o)

Foulds came in at no.3 when Strathmore were 2 for not many and has put us in an unbackable position. WE CAN NOT LOSE FROM HERE !!!!

QuackQuack;214003 said:

Jesus mate don't get too gung-ho there.

You've still gotta bowl em out, crickets a funny game, I've seen plenty of sides win from positions far more dire than where your game is at right now.

If they were 4 down, I'd probably say the batting team is in the box seat, but at 5 down with less than 100 to get - its still anyone's ball game mate.

I hope for your sake you're not left red-faced next weekend!

QuackQuack;214003 said:

Jesus mate don't get too gung-ho there.

You've still gotta bowl em out, crickets a funny game, I've seen plenty of sides win from positions far more dire than where your game is at right now.

If they were 4 down, I'd probably say the batting team is in the box seat, but at 5 down with less than 100 to get - its still anyone's ball game mate.

I hope for your sake you're not left red-faced next weekend!

CheeQuee;213963 said:

Come on people.

Wicket was a disgrace for a Grand Final. They should never be allowed to host the Senior Division Grand Final again.

Bit puzzling why Douttas batted 1st on a raving seamer.

Ion has looked a class above anyone else on that deck. Probably only played & missed at 2 balls for the day.

If curator prepares the same wicket for day 3 (& he is supposed too) then Douttas will win easily. Otherwise, it may go down to the wire like 3 years ago.

CheeQuee;213963 said:

Come on people.

Wicket was a disgrace for a Grand Final. They should never be allowed to host the Senior Division Grand Final again.

Ion has looked a class above anyone else on that deck. Probably only played & missed at 2 balls for the day.

If curator prepares the same wicket for day 3 (& he is supposed too) then Douttas will win easily. Otherwise, it may go down to the wire like 3 years ago.

No More Moose Please;214078 said:

What was the go with the wicket? Too much watering/under prepared? Driving over the westgate friday noticed the covers were down in the morning so doubt it was the rain.

Also noticed spotty knocked up 400 on the bottom ground there so....

What was the go with the wicket? Too much watering/under prepared? Driving over the westgate friday noticed the covers were down in the morning so doubt it was the rain.

Also noticed spotty knocked up 400 on the bottom ground there so....

QuackQuack;214003 said:

What an early crow!!!

For a comment like that I hope you get done and your ones get rolled by an innings

QuackQuack;214003 said:

What an early crow!!!

For a comment like that I hope you get done and your ones get rolled by an innings

thepmwearsgreentrackiesto;214080 said:
keilor have broken into SCCC rooms and stolen there rope and are preparing themselves for sunday night. wouldnt want to CHOKE for the 3rd year in a row!!!

Hoppers and Strathmore were 30 minutes too late in getting to the SCCC and found the ropes already taken

thepmwearsgreentrackiesto;214080 said:
keilor have broken into SCCC rooms and stolen there rope and are preparing themselves for sunday night. wouldnt want to CHOKE for the 3rd year in a row!!!

Hoppers and Strathmore were 30 minutes too late in getting to the SCCC and found the ropes already taken

Perty4;212628 said:
Cheetham is no gun - 10 wickets in a Home and Away season and batting at 9 in South A - that is run of the mill.

is he still 'no gun'? 27 wickets against the three other finalists. a hattrick in the semi on the way to 6/42 then 4 wickets in 5 balls in the GF on the way to 6/40. not bad for a bloke who is 'no gun' ;)

Perty4;212628 said:
Cheetham is no gun - 10 wickets in a Home and Away season and batting at 9 in South A - that is run of the mill.

is he still 'no gun'? 27 wickets against the three other finalists. a hattrick in the semi on the way to 6/42 then 4 wickets in 5 balls in the GF on the way to 6/40. not bad for a bloke who is 'no gun' ;)

Unless you are out there playing, how can you comment on the wicket?? Who's to say that there were bad shot selection/pressure etc causing low scores?? Couldn't have been too bad with Doutta being 4 fa not many and ending up with 255?? The game is made for batsmen! About time we see a fair contest with bat and ball. @| I think this has made for a great finish. May the best side win.

Unless you are out there playing, how can you comment on the wicket?? Who's to say that there were bad shot selection/pressure etc causing low scores?? Couldn't have been too bad with Doutta being 4 fa not many and ending up with 255?? The game is made for batsmen! About time we see a fair contest with bat and ball. @| I think this has made for a great finish. May the best side win.

DizzyGillepsie;214089 said:
according to my knowledge, the hobsons bay city council is responsible for the deck at spotswood

Correct ther Diz. I bet the team that wins won't be sooking about the wicket. It is now about which is the best team and who applies themselves the best. Surely this is what the gf is all about, regardless of conditions.:confused:

DizzyGillepsie;214089 said:
according to my knowledge, the hobsons bay city council is responsible for the deck at spotswood

Correct ther Diz. I bet the team that wins won't be sooking about the wicket. It is now about which is the best team and who applies themselves the best. Surely this is what the gf is all about, regardless of conditions.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back