VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

jimmydcricket;226054 said:
baker and bronca are co-coaches at yarraville club this season so ive been told by a mate

That's great news for the Clubbers. What a combination. Great to see them putting something back into the game.

Any fixtures out for 08/09 yet?

Cash Man;225772 said:
Where's the value in paying a bloke who doesn't play? I think their "extensive recruiting process" needs attention.

Um, let me have a good hard think about this - perhaps to coach?

What's the fascination with a bloke having to play, in order to earn $$$? :confused:

If he's paid to coach, he's paid to coach - not play.

Any truth to the rumour that from this season onwards the top 2 and bottom 2 teams will get promoted/relegated?? Or is it bull-dust!

NoBall;226434 said:

What's the fascination with a bloke having to play, in order to earn $$$? :confused:

I think any player that gets payed should be putting something back into the club....be it coaching seniors/juniors or other things that move a club forward. Far too many blokes just get their cash and go.Which is all good and well when the money pot is full but when it runs dry the clubs up the creek.

NoBall;226434 said:

Yeh and what's your point? Bentleigh have got no players and they're paying a bloke who can't win them any games. The facination with paying a bloke to play is that he wins you matches and his team members learn from him first hand - funny how all the successful clubs in the VTCA operate this way, genius.

Cash Man;226491 said:
Yeh and what's your point? Bentleigh have got no players and they're paying a bloke who can't win them any games. The facination with paying a bloke to play is that he wins you matches and his team members learn from him first hand - funny how all the successful clubs in the VTCA operate this way, genius.

My point is that I'm sure there are benefits to be gained from a non-playing coach - to blanketly refuse to recognise that is plain ignorance on your behalf.

Why can't he win them any games? Surely paying someone to focus on developing other players, without having to worry about his own game, will lead to those players then delivering results on the park?

Does anyone learn anything from Baker at the Clubbers that they can then translate to their own game? Doubt it.

Hey, I hate Bentleigh as much as the next person, but you my friend need to get your head out of the clouds and think outside the square a little.

NoBall;226498 said:
My point is that I'm sure there are benefits to be gained from a non-playing coach - to blanketly refuse to recognise that is plain ignorance on your behalf.

Why can't he win them any games? Surely paying someone to focus on developing other players, without having to worry about his own game, will lead to those players then delivering results on the park?

Does anyone learn anything from Baker at the Clubbers that they can then translate to their own game? Doubt it.

Hey, I hate Bentleigh as much as the next person, but you my friend need to get your head out of the clouds and think outside the square a little.

Can someone learn from watching Bakes, the best batsman in the competition, go about his business at training and on match day - are you serious? Bit like saying Michael Clark hasn't learnt anything off Ricky Ponting. You're a clown.

Cash Man;226500 said:
Can someone learn from watching Bakes, the best batsman in the competition, go about his business at training and on match day - are you serious? Bit like saying Michael Clark hasn't learnt anything off Ricky Ponting. You're a clown.

Thanks.

Bakes has undoubted talent. My point is that translating that to some 15yo kid that wants to be a player is pretty damn hard. You either have Bakes ability, or you don't. Plenty of people could play alongside Bakes for ten years, and not improve their own game one little bit.

All I am doing is defending the role of a "coach", and your blindness to the usefulness of a non-playing coach. You are quite clearly confusing a professional player with a coach. In my eyes, they are worlds apart.

NoBall;226513 said:
Thanks.

Bakes has undoubted talent. My point is that translating that to some 15yo kid that wants to be a player is pretty damn hard. You either have Bakes ability, or you don't. Plenty of people could play alongside Bakes for ten years, and not improve their own game one little bit.

All I am doing is defending the role of a "coach", and your blindness to the usefulness of a non-playing coach. You are quite clearly confusing a professional player with a coach. In my eyes, they are worlds apart.

A non-playing coach is useful, but in our league with only '2' paid people allowed a playing coach is significantly better value for money, especially for a club like Bentleigh who are struggling for on field talent

NoBall;226513 said:
Thanks.

Ok, well your team can have Suisun and mine can have Bakes. Probably why the two teams don't play against one another, we'd smash you - they're worlds apart. You're a clown.

I'm not saying a non-playing coach is not useful, just that they are a waste of money in the VTCA when you can buy a 450 run or 25 wicket player that wins you matches. A VTCA club should be able to get their pro to coach or get a past player do it for free.

Cash Man;226531 said:
Ok, well your team can have Suisun and mine can have Bakes. Probably why the two teams don't play against one another, we'd smash you - they're worlds apart.

A non-playing coach is a waste of money in the VTCA when you can buy 400 runs or 25 wickets that win you matches. A VTCA club should be able to get their pro to coach or get a past player do it for free.

Didn't Yarraville Club get Tony East as their coach for this year? Thought that's what was said in an earlier post anyway. And Tony would be a non-playing coach...

Vicious and Well Directed;226535 said:
Didn't Yarraville Club get Tony East as their coach for this year? Thought that's what was said in an earlier post anyway. And Tony would be a non-playing coach...

That's incorrect but if anyone could afford to waste money on a non-playing coach, it's YCCC.

Cash Man;226531 said:
Ok, well your team can have Suisun and mine can have Bakes. Probably why the two teams don't play against one another, we'd smash you - they're worlds apart. You're a clown.

I'm not saying a non-playing coach is not useful, just that they are a waste of money in the VTCA when you can buy a 450 run or 25 wicket player that wins you matches. A VTCA club should be able to get their pro to coach or get a past player do it for free.

Hehe, I'm a clown.

Well how about you try and learn to read?

I aint Bentleigh (as previously stated).

NoBall;226553 said:
Hehe, I'm a clown.

Well how about you try and learn to read?

I aint Bentleigh (as previously stated).

Are we talking about cricket or the circus on this website?

Onto 08/09 cricket matters, it would seem AWCC have been active recruiting in the the off-season and probably start favourites to win it.

Can DSCC and KCC or any other of the Senior Division sides provide an update on comings and goings? I would think pre-season should kick-off soon if it already hasn't for most teams.

Javid Miandmum;226554 said:
Are we talking about cricket or the circus on this website?

Onto 08/09 cricket matters, it would seem AWCC have been active recruiting in the the off-season and probably start favourites to win it.

Can DSCC and KCC or any other of the Senior Division sides provide an update on comings and goings? I would think pre-season should kick-off soon if it already hasn't for most teams.

AWCC surely would only have 2 paid players in their prospective line up:D The new YCCC??
Apart from Tocca, have YCCC lost any players for this season? And what about Doutta and Keilor?
At Spotty, we have secured Ash Robertson from Melb Uni. Looked pretty "lively" on Mon nite training. Should be a quality bowler in our comp. Also, a mate of a mate has emerged. Played over in Perth for the last 3 years. Don't know too much about him yet, but is a keeper/batsmen who played district or the equivalent in Perth.

been there done that;226557 said:
AWCC surely would only have 2 paid players in their prospective line up:D The new YCCC??
Apart from Tocca, have YCCC lost any players for this season? And what about Doutta and Keilor?
At Spotty, we have secured Ash Robertson from Melb Uni. Looked pretty "lively" on Mon nite training. Should be a quality bowler in our comp. Also, a mate of a mate has emerged. Played over in Perth for the last 3 years. Don't know too much about him yet, but is a keeper/batsmen who played district or the equivalent in Perth.

what's the name of the pub where these "Monday night training sessions" are being held?

i forgot and it looks like I'll be behind the 8 ball again this season :)

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;225337 said:
It is a well known fact that Parkdale did not want to accept promotion to Senior Division. Apparently they did not realise that finishing 8th, 7th and 7th can not guarantee you a spot in Senior. Playing on a below standard, under prepared wicket will produce poor results and that is why only 1 side went up last year, and will be a force in Senior A.

Who you talking about here north?? i thought two sides went up from South A this year??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back