VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

All big names of the game... even though i think broad will be ok in a couple of years!!! what sides will be up there this year in this competion!! dont know alot about it all i know is that normally the richest clubs wins the flag, and there is a gap back to the rest?

bud;229608 said:
All big names of the game... even though i think broad will be ok in a couple of years!!! what sides will be up there this year in this competion!! dont know alot about it all i know is that normally the richest clubs wins the flag, and there is a gap back to the rest?

APW to take out the flag in Senior Division. YCCC to miss finals for the first time in many years with unrest amongst senior players and disappointing recruiting despite all the cash. Youlden Parkville to take out the spoon.

Hoppers Crossing to bring home their first flag in Senior A with healthy recruiting in the off-season. Maccabi AJAX to be the surprise packets of Senior A with senior players heading to India to play with local sides as part of pre-season. MHSOB will not win a game.

Cash Man;229612 said:
APW to take out the flag in Senior Division. YCCC to miss finals for the first time in many years with unrest amongst senior players and disappointing recruiting despite all the cash. Youlden Parkville to take out the spoon.

Hoppers Crossing to bring home their first flag in Senior A with healthy recruiting in the off-season. Maccabi AJAX to be the surprise packets of Senior A with senior players heading to India to play with local sides as part of pre-season. MHSOB will not win a game.

Hoppers will go close, but might want to stop choking like Cadel Evans in the final time trial... Who have they recruited this year?

Surely Strathmore would have to be favourites - very even side. Druids have apparently been recruiting pretty aggressively, they got Gallage back but lose McInness.

Ajax aren't particularly deep, but their good players are very good. Chelt might struggle unless they can get Cheetham back. Have MHSOB lost more players?

I think it will be very even this year. About 6-7 sides fighting out for 2 finals spots.

Willy CYMS is the danger this year. They have recruited strongly and will go close to winning it. New CC Danny Law will make a stack of runs, bowl heat and get plenty of wickets.

local cricket pres;229628 said:
Willy CYMS is the danger this year. They have recruited strongly and will go close to winning it. New CC Danny Law will make a stack of runs, bowl heat and get plenty of wickets.

Local pres,
When I hear these words usually the side struggles and the new whoever does nothing! APW have recruited the lights out and should do very well. What was EOB thinking giving the CC another go obviously their cc don't forward think as the footy club does :confused:

Guru14

ellabroz;229500 said:
Steven Mullaney sub fielder for England during 3rd Test at Edgbaston, Birmingham.

When was the last time a test cricketer played in the VTCA?

Mapa Rallalage Chandima Niroshan Bandaratilleke played for Doutta Stars 2 seasons ago.
Played 7 tests for Sri Lanka including a match v New Zealand with match figures of 9-93 in 1998, and outbowled "the chucker" ,even if it was only that test.

Vicious and Well Directed;229620 said:
Ajax aren't particularly deep, but their good players are very good. Chelt might struggle unless they can get Cheetham back. Have MHSOB lost more players?
He's back.

Also.....

Sanath (Sunny) Kaluperuma captain/coached Cheltenham for a few years. Absolute gun. Played 4 tests and 2 one-dayers for Sri Lanka between 1984 to 1988.

Hoppers will go close, but might want to stop choking like Cadel Evans in the final time trial... Who have they recruited this year?

Surely Strathmore would have to be favourites - very even side. Druids have apparently been recruiting pretty aggressively, they got Gallage back but lose McInness.

I think it will be very even this year. About 6-7 sides fighting out for 2 finals spots.
Cheetham is coming back

BakersDozen;229663 said:
Mapa Rallalage Chandima Niroshan Bandaratilleke played for Doutta Stars 2 seasons ago.
Played 7 tests for Sri Lanka including a match v New Zealand with match figures of 9-93 in 1998, and outbowled "the chucker" ,even if it was only that test.
WHO

local cricket pres;229628 said:

This may be old news but apparently they have also picked up Tarek Moughanie.

Hoppers have got Trent Said in as CC - formerly a solid 1st XI player at North Melbourne and recently been captaining their 2nds. Should be a 400+ run player. He should bring a fair bit to Hoppers and is likely to pull some other players across with him.

Danny Law will be good for Willy - should bring 300 runs and 20 wickets.

thepmwearsgreentrackiesto;230102 said:
This may be old news but apparently they have also picked up Tarek Moughanie.

With preseaons starting up,i have had a phone hook up with
fellow publicans and some of the player movements that
have been mentioned are;G. Mc Cullam (hoppers) W.Mallory (Druids)
R.Routley(In talks with Keilor Park)S.Byrne (St Albans) just remember
Keep your pot to your mouth and your ears to the ground.

Re: Best cricketers in the VTCA

bakes;143994 said:
yOUR KIDDING AREN'T YA!!

HERES MY TEAM OF THE YEAR

J BAKER (OF COURSE)
A RUSSELL
S PORTER
T JEFFERY
S MULLANEY
A CONTESSA
J TAYLOR
J SIMPSON
R RUTLEY
M AUCIELLO
B TANKARD

NOT A BAD SIDE...THINK I'LL BE VICE CAPTAIN!!
just pump ur own tyres wile ur at it. ur a massive knob. arrogant good for nothing dead beat

the_peach01;230829 said:
just pump ur own tyres wile ur at it. ur a massive knob. arrogant good for nothing dead beat

I think there's a lot of people in the world of forums that sign up with user names that may not be entirely 100% accurate!!!

CheeQuee;230834 said:
I think there's a lot of people in the world of forums that sign up with user names that may not be entirely 100% accurate!!!

Bull Sh!t, you mean that wasn't really Bakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back