VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

Vicious and Well Directed;271685 said:
Tipping the arvo tea wasn't too shabby either...

Boofa;271690 said:
A top tea,good game of cricket and the dude with the huge head took wickets.
The perfect day!

your right on it, vawd - awesome tea as always from the good yarraville folk.

**laugh** boofa, that would be michael "freddy" stringer hogging our bowling again!! ;)

Cash Man;271700 said:
I don't think he'd have any trouble finding a club that was "interested". We'd certainly have him.

People on this site who bag the pro's who put in and bring success to clubs are out of line. Good to see Brown winning another match on his own on the weekend.
Lamb offered himself to at least 5 southern clubs then at the end of the e-mail said he wanted 10 large, M.A CC had the money so thats where he ended up, that is a mercenary by any standards and they can have him.

tcnthat;271547 said:
Thanks for your insightful commentary Dingo!

So you're saying Hobson's Bay Council, under instructions from Altona North, doctored a wicket to favour one of the sides playing at a neutral venue. The bastards! - or maybe it just sounds like someone is looking for an excuse for poor GF performances? Boohoo.

Anyway, any news from the weekend's Senior Div?

Reads like I might have touched a nerve. I agree my comments might have been a little ambiguous. I'm aware that spotty and nth altona, both excellent clubs, do not prepare there own wickets. Council prepared they are indeed. My point is that perhaps granny's should be hosted by clubs that prepare there own wickets. Last 4 seasons 2 dodgy tracks for granny's at nth altona and last season we saw a dodgy track at spotty. Both clubs blameless. These council curators seem to think that come hot weather the track needs to be saturated the day before in order for the track to hold together for two days. Where as if they introduced the main watering earlier in the week the track would still hold together for two days play. But that would be too much like hard work.:mad:

southern sledge;271518 said:
Name the top 10 mercenaries in the last 10 years.
A couple in the South come to mind
Garry McCamblley and David Sime.
Elmore,Taylor,Jones,Jan and Brown in the North

Where would warren Suares fit in? seddon-avondale-seddon-footscray over past 7 seasons. I think he likes being the chief. (skipper).;)

Northern $uper$tars;271703 said:
I'm not bagging anyone. If you are good enough to get paid to play cricket, good luck to you, I wish I was.

Someone threw up getting paid for 2 clubs, I said add Lamb to the list as he has received payments from 2 different clubs. You mentioned him living in Middle Park and playing with his mates, and I just mentioned that he shopped himself around but eventually ended up at Ajax. Great result for him considering all of those factors you mentioned.

Nice arse don't you think? Can you please remove my picture off your post? I'm fussy as to gets to see it.:D

southern sledge;271724 said:
Lamb offered himself to at least 5 southern clubs then at the end of the e-mail said he wanted 10 large, M.A CC had the money so thats where he ended up, that is a mercenary by any standards and they can have him.

All the pro's and so called mercenaries could advertise themselves on the v.t.c.a. web site or thread and we could all have a bidding war. sounds like fun. I'll start. Scott Porter 25.000 dollars. hows that for openers.:)

big bas;271712 said:
yep i agree forget craigeburn jacana an hopperstop 2 looks likely 2be aber park an seabrook,then a raffle 4 the rest,with pascu albers boothy italiano burrowes an riggio theyll be hard to beat,got the enjoyment of seein funky bowl on the weekend an boy he hasnt lost it,still in good nick to,werribee you would think are gunna struggle loosing the quickest an best bowler in the comp edrich an also there skipper crea wat a fool he is

I see no Edrich or Crea at Werribee. That has gotta hurt them. But they still won comfortably. They'll be around the 4.
Jacana-continue to bowl teams out so you can't discount them. I see Miller has gone back to Craigieburn so their batting will conitinue to be thequestion mark.
Funky Miller at Seabrook for only 4 games hey? Well if thats the case, Im not so sure they should be automatic finalists. He will obviously help them and the Parslows add some batting but I would still think their bowling would be thin for the other 10 games without Funky.
Flemington-surprised they went down to Seabrook. Especially chasing 100. I see Bastow got wickets. You must have seen him bowl then. He must be over shoulder troubles?
Hoppers-their 3rds should always struggle in a comp playing against all other teams 1sts!
Craigieburn-should be better than they are. Their bowling is ok but they just don't win.
And the Valley-potential to be a good side with Perera and Aiyappin but they just strugle at the moment. Their bowling a bit thin I think.

Snagglepuss;271788 said:
I see no Edrich or Crea at Werribee. That has gotta hurt them. But they still won comfortably. They'll be around the 4.
Jacana-continue to bowl teams out so you can't discount them. I see Miller has gone back to Craigieburn so their batting will conitinue to be thequestion mark.
Funky Miller at Seabrook for only 4 games hey? Well if thats the case, Im not so sure they should be automatic finalists. He will obviously help them and the Parslows add some batting but I would still think their bowling would be thin for the other 10 games without Funky.
Flemington-surprised they went down to Seabrook. Especially chasing 100. I see Bastow got wickets. You must have seen him bowl then. He must be over shoulder troubles?
Hoppers-their 3rds should always struggle in a comp playing against all other teams 1sts!
Craigieburn-should be better than they are. Their bowling is ok but they just don't win.
And the Valley-potential to be a good side with Perera and Aiyappin but they just strugle at the moment. Their bowling a bit thin I think.

Interesting start to the Nth B1 season.
What happened at Centrals with Crea & Edrich seemingly gone? Those two guys are massive contributors but they still easily beat the Valley.

Anybody got any mail on that?

Don't get too carried away by early season results tho, surely Jacana would lay claims to being in anybody's top 4, they were runners-up last season then destroyed Hoppers on the weekend, and yes, I understand Hoppers are expected to struggle this season but interesting to see their 4ths beat Jacana's 2nds....

Disappointing start for Craigieburn you'd say, but Aberfeldie Park would be very happy to notch up a solid win. Seabrook should be much stronger and looks like they did really well to defend 100-odd on a small ground.

Should be a toss up for final 4 spots but Aberfeldie Park have every right to start as flag favourites.

No pickering for OEG last week.... has he finally realised how much of a fool he was looking like and given it away, or has he gone elsewhere chasing the cash too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROY G BIV;271636 said:
oh then LAst year matty Albers was playing for the love of the club. & he duly showed his fondness for avondale by walking out on them this year. u had Jeffrey and ur os palyers then.

Uncle Goose i was simply asking after reading a number of posts on this thread. about u blokes making a bid for asif only days b4 the 1st game didn't believe that's y i asked u since u seems to be involved with the club. am aware of permit n clearances on the VTCA site.
As i have now mentioned a number of times now when i first came acroos this post it seemed like an absurd thing to write by the bloke who actually posted it, anyhooo good win for u blokes and hope u all best for the season.
many it seems have written u blokes off so it was an excellent start especially against much hyped greenvale$$$CC + FC.Good luck next few weeks. Uncle Goose.

We made no bid for Asif, if we did the club would have no windows just panes.
Albers left for reasons to himself.
Still a long way to go for our club and the first XI, Our younger players are progressing nicely, that is the important thing at our club.
Thanks

Dingo_Jones;271764 said:
Reads like I might have touched a nerve. I agree my comments might have been a little ambiguous. I'm aware that spotty and nth altona, both excellent clubs, do not prepare there own wickets. Council prepared they are indeed. My point is that perhaps granny's should be hosted by clubs that prepare there own wickets. Last 4 seasons 2 dodgy tracks for granny's at nth altona and last season we saw a dodgy track at spotty. Both clubs blameless. These council curators seem to think that come hot weather the track needs to be saturated the day before in order for the track to hold together for two days. Where as if they introduced the main watering earlier in the week the track would still hold together for two days play. But that would be too much like hard work.:mad:

Nah, no nerve Dingo, just thought it was a strange suggestion. In my experience, the council curators have a set routine and are not receptive to change just because a bunch of blokes want to play cricket both days of the weekend.

Not sure the track record of pitch preparation of the possible alternate venues is any better to be honest! Plenty of old tales about bags of ice and slabs of beer, but the beer still gets drunk warm...;)

tcnthat;271833 said:
Nah, no nerve Dingo, just thought it was a strange suggestion. In my experience, the council curators have a set routine and are not receptive to change just because a bunch of blokes want to play cricket both days of the weekend.

Not sure the track record of pitch preparation of the possible alternate venues is any better to be honest! Plenty of old tales about bags of ice and slabs of beer, but the beer still gets drunk warm...;)

Yeah I guess you could be right regarding bags of ice, slabs of beer etcetera, etcetera, etcetera and the executive has probably been down that track before. However the curator employed by avandale produced a corker of a track for last seasons granny albion V st. bernards for the 4 days play. Which was highly praised by both captains.

Dingo_Jones;271835 said:
Yeah I guess you could be right regarding bags of ice, slabs of beer etcetera, etcetera, etcetera and the executive has probably been down that track before. However the curator employed by avandale produced a corker of a track for last seasons granny albion V st. bernards for the 4 days play. Which was highly praised by both captains.

I guess the off field facilities and location are a factor for the exec to consider as well. Both Spotty and ANCC are very accessible for spectators and both have excellent viewing in several areas. Never had a bad beer at either clubhouse I might add. Cant remember what the beer is like at AHCC, been a good few years since I played there. I would suggest it was also excellent.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back