VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

been there done that;273283 said:
Thick between the ears?? WTF?? As I have been a comittee member for many years at our club, I can tell you that FACT no one is allowed to prepare our turf match wickets apart from the Hobsons Bay curator. Of course the vtca would allow anyone to help- prepare the wickets for any game, providing they know what they are doing. But the vtca do not control the ground, the council do. This is not a head in the sand type answer, this is FACT. I swear this is the last time This will be stated. I am sure everyone is sick of this discussion:confused:Now find something else to talk about or find a friend in another chat room:cool:

As above Abers on the March, spanking StAlbans who's next?

Thick between the ears?? WTF?? As I have been a comittee member for many years at our club, I can tell you that FACT no one is allowed to prepare our turf match wickets apart from the Hobsons Bay curator. Of course the vtca would allow anyone to help- prepare the wickets for any game, providing they know what they are doing. But the vtca do not control the ground, the council do. This is not a head in the sand type answer, this is FACT. I swear this is the last time This will be stated. I am sure everyone is sick of this discussion:confused:Now find something else to talk about or find a friend in another chat room:cool:

As above Abers on the March, spanking StAlbans who's next?

Snagglepuss;273139 said:
Does anyone have any info on why the Craigieburn Vs Moonee Valley North B1game was given as a tied result even though they only played half the game (MV batted 40 overs but Craigieburn didnt)?
Very strange occurance?

Good morning Snagglepuss, apparently it was a genuine tie! Craigieburn required 5 of the last over and could only get 4. Not sure why they have not submitted their score but that's the story from Moonee Valley. Few surprises on the results side but I can tell you Werribee Centrals the side to beat this year. They have 2 guys in their 2's who smashed 77 and 76 who should be playing ones and Edrich to come back in two weeks they will STRONG!

Snagglepuss;273139 said:
Does anyone have any info on why the Craigieburn Vs Moonee Valley North B1game was given as a tied result even though they only played half the game (MV batted 40 overs but Craigieburn didnt)?
Very strange occurance?

Good morning Snagglepuss, apparently it was a genuine tie! Craigieburn required 5 of the last over and could only get 4. Not sure why they have not submitted their score but that's the story from Moonee Valley. Few surprises on the results side but I can tell you Werribee Centrals the side to beat this year. They have 2 guys in their 2's who smashed 77 and 76 who should be playing ones and Edrich to come back in two weeks they will STRONG!

Whats your call on the Snr Div games this week??

Sth Caulf v Keilor - Could go either way
Y/C v McK - Y/C easy - mckinnon for relegation!
Doutta v Y/P - doutta should get up
OEG v A/West - 270 decent score.... good deck?? will test the "big guns"
RPB v Hamp - RPB already won.... bad deck?
Spot v A/N - Spotty to get them

Any good efforts individually??

JUSTCALLME X;273297 said:

Heard RPB unleashed an old warhorse to open the bowling after a few late withdrawals, and the Hampton boys just melted when he had the ball going off the deck.

You can't question experience.....especially from a seasoned cricketer.

For anyone who cares....Kerry Tsonis......at one stage 3-5.....the first three bats cleaned up.....can't blame the deck when the opposition are 2/107 from 33 overs in reply.

Heard RPB unleashed an old warhorse to open the bowling after a few late withdrawals, and the Hampton boys just melted when he had the ball going off the deck.

You can't question experience.....especially from a seasoned cricketer.

For anyone who cares....Kerry Tsonis......at one stage 3-5.....the first three bats cleaned up.....can't blame the deck when the opposition are 2/107 from 33 overs in reply.

springbox;273167 said:
i m just wondering why shit sides can never post a proper score sheet on results vaults ( or now on my cricket) doutta, yarraville club and keilor always seem to have proper scores up bu about 7 on sat night, but 7 on sunday night, teams such as rpb, altona, abers strath can't manage to get them up. might just be that these clubs are a lot more professional than the rest of the comp, as to why they are the most succesful

It's probably because the 3 guys @ those clubs (Doutta Stars, Keilor & Yarraville Club) actually know what they're doing & actually care.

After all, it take all of 10 mins to do!!!

Maybe those other teams you mentioned are a little retarded & don't know how to use a PC.

springbox;273167 said:
i m just wondering why shit sides can never post a proper score sheet on results vaults ( or now on my cricket) doutta, yarraville club and keilor always seem to have proper scores up bu about 7 on sat night, but 7 on sunday night, teams such as rpb, altona, abers strath can't manage to get them up. might just be that these clubs are a lot more professional than the rest of the comp, as to why they are the most succesful

It's probably because the 3 guys @ those clubs (Doutta Stars, Keilor & Yarraville Club) actually know what they're doing & actually care.

After all, it take all of 10 mins to do!!!

Maybe those other teams you mentioned are a little retarded & don't know how to use a PC.

I notice self proclaimed Altona North legend, "Boo" Bouchier has started the year in a blaze of glory with 1 & 0 in 1st 2 hits.

Might need to change his name to Frydas or Aucellio to keep his spot.

Or maybe just a quick "chat" with Jason Chapple may help.

I notice self proclaimed Altona North legend, "Boo" Bouchier has started the year in a blaze of glory with 1 & 0 in 1st 2 hits.

Gary Mac Hates The North;273336 said:

By the way, He got bowled around the legs :eek: Maybe he's just out of form?? But he didn't look comfortable.
Maybe one more chance.

Gary Mac Hates The North;273336 said:

By the way, He got bowled around the legs :eek: Maybe he's just out of form?? But he didn't look comfortable.
Maybe one more chance.

OEG normally have a good deck with a very fast outfield, A/West will get them easy, If Magafas can keep his nose out of the form guide he'll make 100.

OEG normally have a good deck with a very fast outfield, A/West will get them easy, If Magafas can keep his nose out of the form guide he'll make 100.

Have to agree on all accounts
Sensational effort by OEG and their tails will be up.Metalman may have to take 9fa though after seeing the best of APW last round.
YCCC to post 400+
Keilor to get up with a wicket to spare

Sensational effort by OEG and their tails will be up.Metalman may have to take 9fa though after seeing the best of APW last round.
YCCC to post 400+

JohnTaylorstolemywallet;273386 said:

I know all these guys have been great players, but sides cant be relying on guys like Tsonis, Magafas etc.....

How old are these blokes now?? they have been around a long time. Same as Bouchier.

Who is the oldest bloke playing Snr Div??

JohnTaylorstolemywallet;273386 said:

I know all these guys have been great players, but sides cant be relying on guys like Tsonis, Magafas etc.....

How old are these blokes now?? they have been around a long time. Same as Bouchier.

Who is the oldest bloke playing Snr Div??

DouttanProud;273394 said:
YCCC to post 400+

A lot of bowlers used by AWStC... given they have a pretty decent group with Taylor, Brown, Jan, Macumber and Jones, was it a bit of arrogance bowling 9 blokes? Who was the unlucky one that didn't crack it for a chance to roll the arm over, Torrence? And is there a reason Jones only bowled 3 overs

Metalman retired hurt too so might struggle to get that 9fa.

For a warm day where the decks would have been in decent condition with fast outfields, it seems as if there was there was a lot of teams being cleaned up cheaply in all grades. Seems strange...

DouttanProud;273394 said:
YCCC to post 400+

A lot of bowlers used by AWStC... given they have a pretty decent group with Taylor, Brown, Jan, Macumber and Jones, was it a bit of arrogance bowling 9 blokes? Who was the unlucky one that didn't crack it for a chance to roll the arm over, Torrence? And is there a reason Jones only bowled 3 overs

For a warm day where the decks would have been in decent condition with fast outfields, it seems as if there was there was a lot of teams being cleaned up cheaply in all grades. Seems strange...

Guru14;273293 said:

I did see Crea was in the 2's and Sammut as well so they do have some depth to come back. And if Edrich is on the way back they may be the one's to beat. They certainly smashed Pascu on the weekend.
Jacana win again and I thought the wraps on Seabrook may be a little premature, especially if Funky Miller only plays a few games.
Flemington easy win over Hoppers but that should be expected by the looks. The weird thing with the Craigieburn/MV game was they got different points from the game and from only 1 innings, hence the reason why I assumed something must have gone on.

Guru14;273293 said:

I did see Crea was in the 2's and Sammut as well so they do have some depth to come back. And if Edrich is on the way back they may be the one's to beat. They certainly smashed Pascu on the weekend.
Jacana win again and I thought the wraps on Seabrook may be a little premature, especially if Funky Miller only plays a few games.
Flemington easy win over Hoppers but that should be expected by the looks. The weird thing with the Craigieburn/MV game was they got different points from the game and from only 1 innings, hence the reason why I assumed something must have gone on.

Vicious and Well Directed;273409 said:

D Brown arrogant?????? Nooooooo!

Jones must be inj - he had 1 fa off 3.

Snagglepuss;273419 said:

Sammut scored his 76 in the first 8 overs of the game, you will notice he was first out and the score being 78! The difference in the points would be bonus points I would think. Apparently Pascu bowled well saturday but was extremely unlucky, bowled a lot better than last week. Does the circus start their 2 day games now, Edrich has a broken right hand which is in plaster apparently out shortly and if desperately needed he could play!:eek:

Snagglepuss;273419 said:

Sammut scored his 76 in the first 8 overs of the game, you will notice he was first out and the score being 78! The difference in the points would be bonus points I would think. Apparently Pascu bowled well saturday but was extremely unlucky, bowled a lot better than last week. Does the circus start their 2 day games now, Edrich has a broken right hand which is in plaster apparently out shortly and if desperately needed he could play!:eek:

Is K. Tsonis that guy who looks like he's a bit deformed like he's got down-syndrome or something? He's actually quite normal to talk to if Im thinking of the right bloke - he just looks a bit funny.

Is K. Tsonis that guy who looks like he's a bit deformed like he's got down-syndrome or something? He's actually quite normal to talk to if Im thinking of the right bloke - he just looks a bit funny.

JUSTCALLME X;273428 said:

Correct, injured..

Mettleman hurt his back, don't have update..

Great knock by the boys, hopefully hang on for the win.

JUSTCALLME X;273428 said:

Correct, injured..

Mettleman hurt his back, don't have update..

Great knock by the boys, hopefully hang on for the win.

Well it's good to read that you are at last conceding that there is a problem with wicket preparation over two consecutive days play for a G/F match on a hot week-end at your ground. Clubs that do much for the game of cricket and the reputation of the association and arrive at a G/F contest should expect to play on a properly prepared deck. They don't need to be told by the host club( to quote sargeant Schultz) "I know nothing". You as a committee member, your committee, your club, as a member of the hobsons bay community have the capacity to liase with council to ensure we don't have a repeat of last seasons disaster. Otherwise don't put your hand up to host another granny.

Well it's good to read that you are at last conceding that there is a problem with wicket preparation over two consecutive days play for a G/F match on a hot week-end at your ground. Clubs that do much for the game of cricket and the reputation of the association and arrive at a G/F contest should expect to play on a properly prepared deck. They don't need to be told by the host club( to quote sargeant Schultz) "I know nothing". You as a committee member, your committee, your club, as a member of the hobsons bay community have the capacity to liase with council to ensure we don't have a repeat of last seasons disaster. Otherwise don't put your hand up to host another granny.

yep, jones has done his quad, but dont know the extent of it yet

yep, jones has done his quad, but dont know the extent of it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back