VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is K. Tsonis that guy who looks like he's a bit deformed like he's got down-syndrome or something? He's actually quite normal to talk to if Im thinking of the right bloke - he just looks a bit funny.

HAHAHAHA....He'd luv to read that....NOT

and the answer is NO....he cert dont look like a Corky....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is K. Tsonis that guy who looks like he's a bit deformed like he's got down-syndrome or something? He's actually quite normal to talk to if Im thinking of the right bloke - he just looks a bit funny.

HAHAHAHA....He'd luv to read that....NOT

and the answer is NO....he cert dont look like a Corky....

with all this talk about stage 4 water restrictions, just wondering how grounds are holding up
there are few that still look alright, but have started turning dry after just a few weeks of warmish weather
there are some shockers around, but with no rain, there is nothign to do!
i know altona in the subbies had their 1s and 2s ground changed to a grass from up north, and it prob has been 3 or 4 years since it got changed, i wonder what its like now, playing footy on it during the winter, its a very different grass, not sure what its like during summer, thats when its meant to be at its best
grounds might have to be changed, but there is no point when there isnt no water to water the decks anyway!

with all this talk about stage 4 water restrictions, just wondering how grounds are holding up
there are few that still look alright, but have started turning dry after just a few weeks of warmish weather
there are some shockers around, but with no rain, there is nothign to do!
i know altona in the subbies had their 1s and 2s ground changed to a grass from up north, and it prob has been 3 or 4 years since it got changed, i wonder what its like now, playing footy on it during the winter, its a very different grass, not sure what its like during summer, thats when its meant to be at its best
grounds might have to be changed, but there is no point when there isnt no water to water the decks anyway!

i can tell you yarraville club have been dudded by their local council - they went & dumped a heap of SAND all over the ground after the football season.

you still get value for your shots though. the track is always as good as its last game... only you have to go "over the top" for the big scores!! ;)

i can tell you yarraville club have been dudded by their local council - they went & dumped a heap of SAND all over the ground after the football season.

you still get value for your shots though. the track is always as good as its last game... only you have to go "over the top" for the big scores!! ;)

Not a lot of suprises in the first of the two dayers...

Sth Caulfield, Yarraville are a class above and should play off in this years GF. Doutta should win but are only just going at the moment. Missing big Peter Cooper more than they thought.

If Metellman cant bowl then AWSTC should get the 270 before tea...I have seen some ordinary players make runs at that ground and it is not hard to clear the fence.

Hampton are struggling but what do you expect from a side that has Chris Marsden as their overseas pro? the first duck of many for him.

Sth Caul should comfortably account for Keilor, probably outright if Mullaney gets into gear.

Yarraville Club should easily account for McKinnon. Unless Wayne White can live up to his reputation I heard off some long time VTCA fans, they may finish in the bottom 2.

Spotty to beat Altona but really who cares as they both play boring cricket and will finish 6-8 on the table. Yawn.

Dont realy care about the other comps but I'm happy to see MHSOB get some runs (althought Lamb could score 200 with that pull shot on that ground), another shocking pitch at Dendy Park (suprise) and Hoppers and Strathy both getting big scores.

Good luck to all teams except Abers this week.

Sth Caulfield, Yarraville are a class above and should play off in this years GF. Doutta should win but are only just going at the moment. Missing big Peter Cooper more than they thought.

If Metellman cant bowl then AWSTC should get the 270 before tea...I have seen some ordinary players make runs at that ground and it is not hard to clear the fence.

Hampton are struggling but what do you expect from a side that has Chris Marsden as their overseas pro? the first duck of many for him.

Sth Caul should comfortably account for Keilor, probably outright if Mullaney gets into gear.

Yarraville Club should easily account for McKinnon. Unless Wayne White can live up to his reputation I heard off some long time VTCA fans, they may finish in the bottom 2.

Spotty to beat Altona but really who cares as they both play boring cricket and will finish 6-8 on the table. Yawn.

Dont realy care about the other comps but I'm happy to see MHSOB get some runs (althought Lamb could score 200 with that pull shot on that ground), another shocking pitch at Dendy Park (suprise) and Hoppers and Strathy both getting big scores.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;273988 said:

Sth Caulf/Y-Club GF????

Think you are writing a few sides off..... Keilor,RPB,A/West and last years winners Doutta. All bar doutta won rd 1, RPB already over Hampton, you say A/West to easily beat OEG...... and if Keilor get up against Sth Caulf then they are all 2-0. Sth Caulf will probably lose Mullaney for finals too!

Sth Caulf/Y-Club GF????

Think you are writing a few sides off..... Keilor,RPB,A/West and last years winners Doutta. All bar doutta won rd 1, RPB already over Hampton, you say A/West to easily beat OEG...... and if Keilor get up against Sth Caulf then they are all 2-0. Sth Caulf will probably lose Mullaney for finals too!

You are obviously from st albans Abers won't your luck anyway im guessing you will need alot of luck and that still won't help you guys because St Albans will struggle to win games with that batting line up

You are obviously from st albans Abers won't your luck anyway im guessing you will need alot of luck and that still won't help you guys because St Albans will struggle to win games with that batting line up

McKinnon making 156 off 77 overs, they should be fined for playing cricket like that! YCCC will smash them. Bit harsh on APW, I'd suggest they will be right up there come finals time. Chasing 268 is always tricky so we'll learn more about them this Saturday. Likewise with South Caulfield, if they're as good as they think they are they'll defend that 224 against a good batting line up at Keilor, but where's Marcy? Hampton look to have been stuck in on a poor track, unlucky. Nothing spectacular from Doutta, look to be struggling a little. Spotswood look to have that game under control, Davies is quality. Altona Nth might be fighting relegation later in the season.

Scores suggest some ordinary decks in Senior A. Plenty of cricket left at dendy park, big chance of an outright result either way there. United on the ropes, handy spell from Cheetham. Strathmore bounced back well and so did Hoppers who clearly missed Timms in Round 1. Maccabi's bowling looks suspect, not sure Lamb will enjoy chasing 300 every week.

McKinnon making 156 off 77 overs, they should be fined for playing cricket like that! YCCC will smash them. Bit harsh on APW, I'd suggest they will be right up there come finals time. Chasing 268 is always tricky so we'll learn more about them this Saturday. Likewise with South Caulfield, if they're as good as they think they are they'll defend that 224 against a good batting line up at Keilor, but where's Marcy? Hampton look to have been stuck in on a poor track, unlucky. Nothing spectacular from Doutta, look to be struggling a little. Spotswood look to have that game under control, Davies is quality. Altona Nth might be fighting relegation later in the season.

Scores suggest some ordinary decks in Senior A. Plenty of cricket left at dendy park, big chance of an outright result either way there. United on the ropes, handy spell from Cheetham. Strathmore bounced back well and so did Hoppers who clearly missed Timms in Round 1. Maccabi's bowling looks suspect, not sure Lamb will enjoy chasing 300 every week.

Cash Man;274003 said:

Maccabi's bowling is not suspect. We have the best bowling allrounder in the competition Daniel Onas as well as Garry Litinsky who who bowls as well as anyone when he is bowling well. They have both taken lots of wickets in the VTCA and are very good opening combination. That not mentioning Dave Gelbart who topped South A's wickets in the 06/07 season with 31 wickets in the home & away season. MHSOB just had luck go there way on the weekend on small ground and very good batting wicket.

Cash Man;274003 said:

Maccabi's bowling is not suspect. We have the best bowling allrounder in the competition Daniel Onas as well as Garry Litinsky who who bowls as well as anyone when he is bowling well. They have both taken lots of wickets in the VTCA and are very good opening combination. That not mentioning Dave Gelbart who topped South A's wickets in the 06/07 season with 31 wickets in the home & away season. MHSOB just had luck go there way on the weekend on small ground and very good batting wicket.

Spotty and ANorth play "boring cricket? Please back this statement up? Do you even play in Senior Div to have this view? You want boring, McKinnon making 156 off 77 overs zzzzzzzzzzz

Spotty and ANorth play "boring cricket? Please back this statement up? Do you even play in Senior Div to have this view? You want boring, McKinnon making 156 off 77 overs zzzzzzzzzzz

Laurie Shneider;274014 said:

Daniel Onas the best bowling alrounder in the comp??? Easy tiger:cool: No doubt handy, but THE best, not even in the top 10!! And Gary Litinsky is just an honest bowler.

Daniel Onas the best bowling alrounder in the comp??? Easy tiger:cool: No doubt handy, but THE best, not even in the top 10!! And Gary Litinsky is just an honest bowler.

Bit rough on Abers don't you think??? looks to me that they haven't done to much wrong this year. recruited well, bowling attack steady with all wickets shared each week. Not relying on one paid player like most clubs to take 5 or 6 a game and then make 80. different people making runs. i think they could be around the mark this year and are probvably off to the best start of season they have had for a long time. should be 2 - 0 after two games nothing bad can be said about that.

Bit rough on Abers don't you think??? looks to me that they haven't done to much wrong this year. recruited well, bowling attack steady with all wickets shared each week. Not relying on one paid player like most clubs to take 5 or 6 a game and then make 80. different people making runs. i think they could be around the mark this year and are probvably off to the best start of season they have had for a long time. should be 2 - 0 after two games nothing bad can be said about that.

another shocking pitch at Dendy Park (suprise)

Yeah, I noticed the scores from that match.
236 runs for 21 wickets in 80 overs.
Could be a definate outright result [possibly either way] on the cards there.

another shocking pitch at Dendy Park (suprise)

Yeah, I noticed the scores from that match.
236 runs for 21 wickets in 80 overs.
Could be a definate outright result [possibly either way] on the cards there.

been there done that;274019 said:

Onas seems like a nice guy, and an ok cricketer but the best bowling all-rounder in the comp is possibly the most ridiculous thing that has ever been stated on this thread. I'd reckon that every team on Senior A has someone as good if not better.

For starters in Senior A:
Billy Blair
David Cassell
Kane Roach
Yasas Tillikeratne
Craig Osbourne
Danny Law
Luke Stewart

Litinsky has an effort ball and is handy. Gelbart gets wickets by bowling of the wrong f**king foot and confusing the f**k out of batsmen! And from what I've heard, the Jackers spinners are very ordinary.

been there done that;274019 said:

Onas seems like a nice guy, and an ok cricketer but the best bowling all-rounder in the comp is possibly the most ridiculous thing that has ever been stated on this thread. I'd reckon that every team on Senior A has someone as good if not better.

Billy Blair
David Cassell
Kane Roach
Yasas Tillikeratne
Craig Osbourne
Danny Law
Luke Stewart

Litinsky has an effort ball and is handy. Gelbart gets wickets by bowling of the wrong f**king foot and confusing the f**k out of batsmen! And from what I've heard, the Jackers spinners are very ordinary.

AbersChangedTeam;273999 said:

An absolute truth about their batting line up.

T. Mckerracher is up there as one of the worst players in North A1. bowls absolute puss and a 22 ball duck on the weekend justs adds to comedy that is T. Mckerracher.

Couldn't even throw his bat over the clubrooms despite many attempts after being stumped by over 2 metres on the weekend

Come on S Byrne. please put an end to this travisty and play him where he belongs. St Albans 3rd X1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AbersChangedTeam;273999 said:

T. Mckerracher is up there as one of the worst players in North A1. bowls absolute puss and a 22 ball duck on the weekend justs adds to comedy that is T. Mckerracher.

Couldn't even throw his bat over the clubrooms despite many attempts after being stumped by over 2 metres on the weekend

Come on S Byrne. please put an end to this travisty and play him where he belongs. St Albans 3rd X1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicious and Well Directed;274027 said:

Billy Blair
David Cassell
Kane Roach
Yasas Tillikeratne
Craig Osbourne
Danny Law
Luke Stewart

Luke Stewart??? I hope he's getting cash for good coaching at Brighton District cos he couldn't be getting cash for playing - just an ordinary Senior A cricketer. Either that or it's cash for rolling a strip in the middle of the Dendy Park paddock, not an easy task.

Vicious and Well Directed;274027 said:

Billy Blair
David Cassell
Kane Roach
Yasas Tillikeratne
Craig Osbourne
Danny Law
Luke Stewart

Luke Stewart??? I hope he's getting cash for good coaching at Brighton District cos he couldn't be getting cash for playing - just an ordinary Senior A cricketer. Either that or it's cash for rolling a strip in the middle of the Dendy Park paddock, not an easy task.

Taylor
Brown
Jan
Jones
Mullaney
Elmore
Porter
Hutchinson
Green
Smart
Contessa

There would be others, but can't be bothered thinking. That would be a pretty good side on its own

Taylor
Brown
Jan
Jones
Mullaney
Elmore
Porter
Hutchinson
Green
Smart
Contessa

There would be others, but can't be bothered thinking. That would be a pretty good side on its own

SHAGGY;274028 said:

Does that mean he's worse than you, SHAGGY?? Wow! He must suck :D
2-0 would be a great start for abers, and a welcome change from years gone by, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet

SHAGGY;274028 said:

Does that mean he's worse than you, SHAGGY?? Wow! He must suck :D
2-0 would be a great start for abers, and a welcome change from years gone by, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet

been there done that;274018 said:

Yes McKinnon very ordinary, will miss Mullaney and Hall is not getting any younger. For all the young blokes they bring through, not many have progressed to be consistent ones bats (PUllman and Fletcher have been on the edge). See they picked up the keeper from Dingley, will be interesting to see how he goes with the step up to Senior from South A.

Also interested in your thoughts on Dan Davies - I actually rate him quite highly but was wondering where the Spotswood guys see him and can he take you above the 6-8 mark you seem to be hovering at?

been there done that;274018 said:

Yes McKinnon very ordinary, will miss Mullaney and Hall is not getting any younger. For all the young blokes they bring through, not many have progressed to be consistent ones bats (PUllman and Fletcher have been on the edge). See they picked up the keeper from Dingley, will be interesting to see how he goes with the step up to Senior from South A.

Also interested in your thoughts on Dan Davies - I actually rate him quite highly but was wondering where the Spotswood guys see him and can he take you above the 6-8 mark you seem to be hovering at?

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;274044 said:

Obviously Dan is a quality player. Seems to have plenty of time when he bats, the sign of someone that has played at district 1's level. Very level headed, doesnt get flustered, speaks quietly. With the inclusion of Ash Robertson, along with a keeper/batsmen, our depth has increased. Would have been nice to have kept Nathan Brostor for this year. We are playing 2 17 year old bowlers at present, both learning the trade but going ok. Our problem over the years has been the middle of the road players not being able to take the next step up, unlike other sides who seem to have blokes coming in at say 7,8,,9 and making a 20-40. We are definately heading in the right direction, which is the main thing.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;274044 said:

Obviously Dan is a quality player. Seems to have plenty of time when he bats, the sign of someone that has played at district 1's level. Very level headed, doesnt get flustered, speaks quietly. With the inclusion of Ash Robertson, along with a keeper/batsmen, our depth has increased. Would have been nice to have kept Nathan Brostor for this year. We are playing 2 17 year old bowlers at present, both learning the trade but going ok. Our problem over the years has been the middle of the road players not being able to take the next step up, unlike other sides who seem to have blokes coming in at say 7,8,,9 and making a 20-40. We are definately heading in the right direction, which is the main thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back