VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

JUSTCALLME X;306895 said:
Mullaney at South Caulfield. Think White from McKinnon does too. Not too sure of any others, if any.

Mwayenga from Y/P played for Zimb, Brown W/I, Jan W/I U19s.
Someone told me that Cheetham actually came out to play for Dandenong and he was living out there and didn't like it, so through pure chance he ended up at Chelt....fair drop in standard! I wonder what sort of contract he's on in England?

JUSTCALLME X;306895 said:
Mullaney at South Caulfield. Think White from McKinnon does too. Not too sure of any others, if any.

Mwayenga from Y/P played for Zimb, Brown W/I, Jan W/I U19s.
Someone told me that Cheetham actually came out to play for Dandenong and he was living out there and didn't like it, so through pure chance he ended up at Chelt....fair drop in standard! I wonder what sort of contract he's on in England?

DizzyGillepsie;306911 said:
LOL the grass seems greener on the other side of the city but I can't help being a westy... born and raised here, plus i don't have to pay 600k for a 2 bedroom shitter. after a few years you get used to the smell of mobil1 blended with raw sewage :p
Fair call. Have you played at Seabrook? What is it actually like?

DizzyGillepsie;306911 said:
LOL the grass seems greener on the other side of the city but I can't help being a westy... born and raised here, plus i don't have to pay 600k for a 2 bedroom shitter. after a few years you get used to the smell of mobil1 blended with raw sewage :p

Laurie Shneider;306896 said:
We might not have won the twenty twenty against Royal Park Bruswick but it was fantastic performance from our young boys. No Onas, no Weinstock, no Litinsky, no Rosenthal, no Lipsitz. They were almost full stength. It was great to see the youth of Maccabi that will take us to Senior Division doing such a great job despite coming up short. All you shocking blokes on here will enjoy us losing but it was only practice for the impotant Williamstown CYMS fixture this week and our Senior Division fixtures in the years ahead.
Weinstock's batting technique is interesting.

We might not have won the twenty twenty against Royal Park Bruswick but it was fantastic performance from our young boys. No Onas, no Weinstock, no Litinsky, no Rosenthal, no Lipsitz. They were almost full stength. It was great to see the youth of Maccabi that will take us to Senior Division doing such a great job despite coming up short. All you shocking blokes on here will enjoy us losing but it was only practice for the impotant Williamstown CYMS fixture this week and our Senior Division fixtures in the years ahead.
Weinstock's batting technique is interesting.

JUSTCALLME X;306912 said:
A lot of excuses there Laurie!!! What were the scores, and who were RPB missing. How did the superstar Lamb go?

Laurie, how did Maurice, Hillas x 2, Contessa and Mitchell go? All very clean hitters.. what about Tsonis.. how did he go? I don't think Tsonis would be suited to the shorter version of the game.. interested to see how he went.

JUSTCALLME X;306912 said:
A lot of excuses there Laurie!!! What were the scores, and who were RPB missing. How did the superstar Lamb go?

Laurie, how did Maurice, Hillas x 2, Contessa and Mitchell go? All very clean hitters.. what about Tsonis.. how did he go? I don't think Tsonis would be suited to the shorter version of the game.. interested to see how he went.

AB 5 Star;306914 said:

It used to be fantastic batting deck a couple of years ago,I played grand final there last year+it was dead(very dry),maybe cos seabrook played semi the week before on the same track we used........not sure about this year!!!

AB 5 Star;306914 said:

It used to be fantastic batting deck a couple of years ago,I played grand final there last year+it was dead(very dry),maybe cos seabrook played semi the week before on the same track we used........not sure about this year!!!

GillyGilly;306916 said:

Gilly, RPB had no Maurice Mitchell Tsonis R Hillas R Contessa. Still won by about 60 runs. Bit to classy for Maccabi.

C Hillas and A Contessa played. Got about 40 and 20 odd.

Tsonis is a very crafty bowler. Wouldnt get hit for too many in that form of game. His batitng wouldnt suit that style though - not a big hitter of the ball.

After all it was just a hit and giggle so i wouldnt read too much into the result.

GillyGilly;306916 said:

Gilly, RPB had no Maurice Mitchell Tsonis R Hillas R Contessa. Still won by about 60 runs. Bit to classy for Maccabi.

C Hillas and A Contessa played. Got about 40 and 20 odd.

Tsonis is a very crafty bowler. Wouldnt get hit for too many in that form of game. His batitng wouldnt suit that style though - not a big hitter of the ball.

After all it was just a hit and giggle so i wouldnt read too much into the result.

AB 5 Star;306913 said:

Cheetham came out here last year to play with Dandenong West, but it didn't work out, and yes it was pure chance that he ended up at Chelt.

He is on a full playing contract with Lancashire.

AB 5 Star;306913 said:

Cheetham came out here last year to play with Dandenong West, but it didn't work out, and yes it was pure chance that he ended up at Chelt.

He is on a full playing contract with Lancashire.

haha, laurie, the CY's are probably gonna beat you guys,
you talked to talk, and judging by the way you have written i would take it that RP/B wiped the floor with your mob...
shame really, would have loved to see what you would have wrote had you won...
UR NOT IN THE 4 maybe you should worry about making the finals first.

haha, laurie, the CY's are probably gonna beat you guys,
you talked to talk, and judging by the way you have written i would take it that RP/B wiped the floor with your mob...
shame really, would have loved to see what you would have wrote had you won...
UR NOT IN THE 4 maybe you should worry about making the finals first.

JUSTCALLME X;304397 said:
Back into this week boys. Who's gonna win???

OEG v Y/P - OEG 1st win to get off bottom
Hamp v A/W - A/W too strong
RPB v Doutta - RPB too strong
Keilor V Mck - Match of round - Keilor just at home
Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy
Spot V Sth Caul - Sth Caul just

Whisper is a recent Premier Cricket 1st XI bolwer will be making his Snr Div debut this weekend

JUSTCALLME X;304397 said:
Back into this week boys. Who's gonna win???

OEG v Y/P - OEG 1st win to get off bottom
Hamp v A/W - A/W too strong
RPB v Doutta - RPB too strong
Keilor V Mck - Match of round - Keilor just at home
Y/C v A/N - Y/C easy
Spot V Sth Caul - Sth Caul just

Whisper is a recent Premier Cricket 1st XI bolwer will be making his Snr Div debut this weekend

Interesting to see Mckinnon give Keilor a touch up - had them 7 fa 33. Thought it would have been a lot closer than that!

Also saw Stonehouse is back for Altona. IS he right or are they desperate and asking a bit much of him? I heard he was out for the year. Also saw that game was in 'dispute'......was this just an error on results vault or is there something to it?

Most other games went as expected. Mick O'keefe on fire at the moment. 2 tons and 3 50s from 6 hits...... all class.

Interesting to see Mckinnon give Keilor a touch up - had them 7 fa 33. Thought it would have been a lot closer than that!

Also saw Stonehouse is back for Altona. IS he right or are they desperate and asking a bit much of him? I heard he was out for the year. Also saw that game was in 'dispute'......was this just an error on results vault or is there something to it?

Most other games went as expected. Mick O'keefe on fire at the moment. 2 tons and 3 50s from 6 hits...... all class.

JUSTCALLME X;307904 said:

McKinnon would have to be the form side at the moment and look dangerous.

Baker's score comes against another lowly side.

JUSTCALLME X;307904 said:

McKinnon beating Keilor was the big suprise - Keilor lose Porter and Hutchison cheaply and the others crumble. If they do make finals this could be their downfall.

Otherwise I wasn't too suprised at the other results. Sth Caulfield had other players step up as expected without the two Russells.

O'Keefe is a gun, unbelievable runs on saturday.

Top 5 just about certian now, McKinnon should win their next two v Spotty and Doutta, they are the only one I can see Sth Caulf dislodging.

McKinnon beating Keilor was the big suprise - Keilor lose Porter and Hutchison cheaply and the others crumble. If they do make finals this could be their downfall.

Otherwise I wasn't too suprised at the other results. Sth Caulfield had other players step up as expected without the two Russells.

O'Keefe is a gun, unbelievable runs on saturday.

Top 5 just about certian now, McKinnon should win their next two v Spotty and Doutta, they are the only one I can see Sth Caulf dislodging.

Southern Son;307907 said:

Whats that mean about Baker?????? He's made runs against everyone, and has done for years!!

Yarraville and RPB undefeated so i'd say they are in pretty good form too. Yarraville/A-West will be a big game this week.

Whats that mean about Baker?????? He's made runs against everyone, and has done for years!!

Yarraville and RPB undefeated so i'd say they are in pretty good form too. Yarraville/A-West will be a big game this week.

JUSTCALLME X;307929 said:

Not questioning his track record, referring simply to this season where he's yet to do it against a top four contender - yet. Clearly suffers from a bit of 'big fish, small pond' syndrome. Curious to know - Do Yarraville pay him $1 coins?

Yarraville/RPB have been there all season but McKinnon are creeping up and maybe slipping under the radar a bit.

JUSTCALLME X;307929 said:

Not questioning his track record, referring simply to this season where he's yet to do it against a top four contender - yet. Clearly suffers from a bit of 'big fish, small pond' syndrome. Curious to know - Do Yarraville pay him $1 coins?

Yarraville/RPB have been there all season but McKinnon are creeping up and maybe slipping under the radar a bit.

I think Baker deserves more respect than that, he would walk into any VTCA or Subbies side.

That was a big round, Mckinnon look to be the real deal and their round 10 clash against South Caulfield will be a beauty maybe with the winner making the finals.

YC look like their back the only worry is their attack.Keilor and Spotty could be gone, Spotswood had South at their mercy at 5for 30 till South's 15 yo keeper made 45 to help them to over 150 without the Russell boys.

Massive round this week
old ess v altona north
hampton v youlden
doutta v sccc
keilor v rpb
yarraville v awstc
spotswood v mckinnon

I think Baker deserves more respect than that, he would walk into any VTCA or Subbies side.

That was a big round, Mckinnon look to be the real deal and their round 10 clash against South Caulfield will be a beauty maybe with the winner making the finals.

YC look like their back the only worry is their attack.Keilor and Spotty could be gone, Spotswood had South at their mercy at 5for 30 till South's 15 yo keeper made 45 to help them to over 150 without the Russell boys.

Massive round this week
old ess v altona north
hampton v youlden
doutta v sccc
keilor v rpb
yarraville v awstc
spotswood v mckinnon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back