VTCA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: VTCA Thread

ANCC;310214 said:
im hoping that we will win with greats like lee elmore and greg doyle opening with the bat one of them in the top 5 batsmen in the comp so hopefully we can get are first win in a year would be great.

yours truly
the greg doyle fan club ( formerly known as the mario auciello fan club)

Top 5 Batsmen in the Comp? Dont think so, he isnt even in the top 5 batsmen at Altona North

ANCC;310214 said:
im hoping that we will win with greats like lee elmore and greg doyle opening with the bat one of them in the top 5 batsmen in the comp so hopefully we can get are first win in a year would be great.

yours truly
the greg doyle fan club ( formerly known as the mario auciello fan club)

Top 5 Batsmen in the Comp? Dont think so, he isnt even in the top 5 batsmen at Altona North

Mick, have you had an offer yet from Port Melbourne as they would be able to fly you down each week from Darwin, they are now doing group bookings.

Mick, have you had an offer yet from Port Melbourne as they would be able to fly you down each week from Darwin, they are now doing group bookings.

I no its been brought up before at VTCA meetings.

What are people's thoughts on limiting the number of overs people can bowl in one day games.

I think it should be either 4 bowlers 10 overs max Or 5 bowlers 8 Overs each.

I just think it makes it a better one day game when you dont have one bloke bowling 16-17 overs from one end.

I no the NWCA and MMVCA have limited overs for one day games.

What are peoples thoughts

What are people's thoughts on limiting the number of overs people can bowl in one day games.

I just think it makes it a better one day game when you dont have one bloke bowling 16-17 overs from one end.

7/564;311066 said:

Definitely need limits, having 2 blokes bowl 20 overs in one dayers is ridiculous.

7/564;311066 said:

Definitely need limits, having 2 blokes bowl 20 overs in one dayers is ridiculous.

Senior A this week Viscious

Brighton v Ajax - Ajax to get home in a tough encounter. Need big scores from Weinstock and Lamb here, not just relying on their IPL stars Gelbart and Onas. How will the deck play?

St Bernards v Sunshine - St Bernards to keep on marching on to Senior Division. No doubt the GF will be St Bernards v Willy.

Chelt v Hoppers - Hoppers too good here, batting and bowling very well at the moment. McCallum had a big game last week, look for another strong performance from the young all rounder.

Bentleigh v Druids - Bentleigh at home in a one dayer to apply the screws and win a low scoring affair. Adrian McIness to keep taking wickets.

Willy v Beauy - Willy to make 300 at Fearon with Law, Menzies and big Moughanie to make them. Hopefully Stevie "One Club" Brne breaks down and takes none for and gets lost on his way home.

MHSOB v Strathmore - If there is any good in the world, good will prevail over evil and MHSOB will defeat Strathmore. Hopefully Dave Cassell gets another big score, Luke Poon is back and the the Unicorns get a big win.

Brighton v Ajax - Ajax to get home in a tough encounter. Need big scores from Weinstock and Lamb here, not just relying on their IPL stars Gelbart and Onas. How will the deck play?

St Bernards v Sunshine - St Bernards to keep on marching on to Senior Division. No doubt the GF will be St Bernards v Willy.

Chelt v Hoppers - Hoppers too good here, batting and bowling very well at the moment. McCallum had a big game last week, look for another strong performance from the young all rounder.

Bentleigh v Druids - Bentleigh at home in a one dayer to apply the screws and win a low scoring affair. Adrian McIness to keep taking wickets.

Willy v Beauy - Willy to make 300 at Fearon with Law, Menzies and big Moughanie to make them. Hopefully Stevie "One Club" Brne breaks down and takes none for and gets lost on his way home.

MHSOB v Strathmore - If there is any good in the world, good will prevail over evil and MHSOB will defeat Strathmore. Hopefully Dave Cassell gets another big score, Luke Poon is back and the the Unicorns get a big win.

NorthClubsDontPayPlayers;311128 said:
No doubt the GF will be St Bernards v Willy.

... very big call this far out.

As a Hoppers fan, I hope you are wrong, and just thought there is still a fair bit of water to pass under the bridge between now and March to be making GF predictions with "no doubt" put in front of them.

No doubt the GF will be St Bernards v Willy.

... very big call this far out.

As a Hoppers fan, I hope you are wrong, and just thought there is still a fair bit of water to pass under the bridge between now and March to be making GF predictions with "no doubt" put in front of them.

I have some issues with the vtca lower grades with players playing well above the grade they should be in.

How can Pete dudderidge play in OEG 4ths when he made 400 odd runs in the senior division last year.Does he like being the big fish .If he wanted to take it easy why not play in the 2nds.It surely is unfair on players who play in that grade.

Another example was McCarthy from spotty on saturday who played in their 4ths.If he was injured dont play?

This is not having a pop at the 2 clubs as they arnt the only clubs where it happens but surely they're is a problem here?

I have some issues with the vtca lower grades with players playing well above the grade they should be in.

How can Pete dudderidge play in OEG 4ths when he made 400 odd runs in the senior division last year.Does he like being the big fish .If he wanted to take it easy why not play in the 2nds.It surely is unfair on players who play in that grade.

Another example was McCarthy from spotty on saturday who played in their 4ths.If he was injured dont play?

This is not having a pop at the 2 clubs as they arnt the only clubs where it happens but surely they're is a problem here?

I'm not convinced about the GF just yet. Think it is a race in three with the 2v3 SF being as interesting as the GF. First time in a few years there has been 3 even contenders and no clear favourite. I can't seperate them at the moment. The team that finishes fourth is just making up the numbers. Always like to see a bolter though, Hampton came from seemingly nowhere at Christmas a few years ago, but just can't see that happening this year.

Brighton v Ajax - I reckon Ajax could get over the top. Lamb to get the runs, Weinstock struggling at the moment with the bat.

St Bernards v Sunshine - This could be genuinely ugly. Enough said.

Chelt v Hoppers - Again, lopsided contest, Chelt to get bowled out cheaply and some Hoppers boys to get some runs I'm sure the Hoppers boys will like the bus ride home. Said has been very quiet in his first year, but McCallum has been a handy pick-up.

Bentleigh v Druids - Druids here, no stars but they keep just getting through. Always happy to see a quality individual like McInness do well though...

Willy v Beauy - Menzies in great touch, Willi should be far to strong. Reckon Beauy might be close to the relegation zone by the end of the year.

MHSOB v Strathmore - Tupper hit form last week and shapes as the danger, but think MHSOB should get over the line.

I'm not convinced about the GF just yet. Think it is a race in three with the 2v3 SF being as interesting as the GF. First time in a few years there has been 3 even contenders and no clear favourite. I can't seperate them at the moment. The team that finishes fourth is just making up the numbers. Always like to see a bolter though, Hampton came from seemingly nowhere at Christmas a few years ago, but just can't see that happening this year.

Brighton v Ajax - I reckon Ajax could get over the top. Lamb to get the runs, Weinstock struggling at the moment with the bat.

Chelt v Hoppers - Again, lopsided contest, Chelt to get bowled out cheaply and some Hoppers boys to get some runs I'm sure the Hoppers boys will like the bus ride home. Said has been very quiet in his first year, but McCallum has been a handy pick-up.

Bentleigh v Druids - Druids here, no stars but they keep just getting through. Always happy to see a quality individual like McInness do well though...

Willy v Beauy - Menzies in great touch, Willi should be far to strong. Reckon Beauy might be close to the relegation zone by the end of the year.

MHSOB v Strathmore - Tupper hit form last week and shapes as the danger, but think MHSOB should get over the line.

Vicious and Well Directed;311187 said:

Like to disagree with two here VaWD.
Brighton to win, Ajax can't rely on the great D.Gelbart every week. Brighton have a more even TEAM.
Strathmore to win as I feel MHSOB bowling is very weak.

Vicious and Well Directed;311187 said:

Brighton to win, Ajax can't rely on the great D.Gelbart every week. Brighton have a more even TEAM.

Boofa;311180 said:

he may have made 400 hundred runs in senior div last year
any thought to the youngsters, i mean they would probably benefit greatly from someone like Pete playing with them, i doubt he's doing it to be the "big fish" as u put it.
he could also just feel like playing a less competitive brand of cricket...

Boofa;311180 said:

he may have made 400 hundred runs in senior div last year
any thought to the youngsters, i mean they would probably benefit greatly from someone like Pete playing with them, i doubt he's doing it to be the "big fish" as u put it.
he could also just feel like playing a less competitive brand of cricket...

Red Ink No.8;311243 said:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion mate. Fair enough.

Red Ink No.8;311243 said:

Everyone's entitled to an opinion mate. Fair enough.

What's happened to the great Ajax's quest for senior division next season...I think the applecart has been effectively stopped!
I still don't know why teams don't rate Brighton. They are 7-1 and playing good cricket yet people thinks its only a 3 horse race between St Bernies, CYMS and Hoppers. Don't be suprised if Brighton make the GF. Even cricket team.

What's happened to the great Ajax's quest for senior division next season...I think the applecart has been effectively stopped!
I still don't know why teams don't rate Brighton. They are 7-1 and playing good cricket yet people thinks its only a 3 horse race between St Bernies, CYMS and Hoppers. Don't be suprised if Brighton make the GF. Even cricket team.

Might have been different if they batted second word is there is no grass at all on the wicket table.
You wouldn't want them in Senior Div with the ground pitch and facilities all very ordinary.

Might have been different if they batted second word is there is no grass at all on the wicket table.
You wouldn't want them in Senior Div with the ground pitch and facilities all very ordinary.

Interesting happenings in the RPB v Keilor game on the weekend. A RPB player was given not out run out by square leg, he went to face up the next ball as the bowler was at his mark, only to have the Keilor Captain complain to the central umpire. The central umpire then had a chat to square leg, and he then reversed his decision and gave the player out!!!!! One of the most disgraceful decisions i have seen in 25 years! That along with a few other decisions that the umpires admitted they got wrong after the game didnt help on what was a good game. Keilor were too good on the day, but would have been interesting if the correct decisions were made. Porter on fire again. Makes the top 4 very tight again!

Interesting happenings in the RPB v Keilor game on the weekend. A RPB player was given not out run out by square leg, he went to face up the next ball as the bowler was at his mark, only to have the Keilor Captain complain to the central umpire. The central umpire then had a chat to square leg, and he then reversed his decision and gave the player out!!!!! One of the most disgraceful decisions i have seen in 25 years! That along with a few other decisions that the umpires admitted they got wrong after the game didnt help on what was a good game. Keilor were too good on the day, but would have been interesting if the correct decisions were made. Porter on fire again. Makes the top 4 very tight again!

THEWEAPON;312306 said:

That's a very interesting 'interpretation' of events. I guess you also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the 'little people....

THEWEAPON;312306 said:

That's a very interesting 'interpretation' of events. I guess you also believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the 'little people....

southern sledge;312304 said:

Might have been different if who batted second? One minute you think its harder to bat first on an ordinary wicket and the next time its harder to bat second. I don't think there is much doubt about who was the better team.

If you look at the facts this season, we have played 4 one-dayers at home (Strathmore round 1 we played at home on Sunday) batted first twice and batted second twice. Guess what - we won them all.

Use your brains once in a while "moderator".

southern sledge;312304 said:

Might have been different if who batted second? One minute you think its harder to bat first on an ordinary wicket and the next time its harder to bat second. I don't think there is much doubt about who was the better team.

If you look at the facts this season, we have played 4 one-dayers at home (Strathmore round 1 we played at home on Sunday) batted first twice and batted second twice. Guess what - we won them all.

zyxwvu;312316 said:

Sledge is usually a pretty good judge on wickets. If he reckons it's shite, then there's a fair chance it is.
Guess it's a bit like living next to a sewage farm - you get more accustomed to it the longer you are there, but its very uncomfortable if you are an occasional visitor.

zyxwvu;312316 said:

Sledge is usually a pretty good judge on wickets. If he reckons it's shite, then there's a fair chance it is.
Guess it's a bit like living next to a sewage farm - you get more accustomed to it the longer you are there, but its very uncomfortable if you are an occasional visitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back