WDCA Under 17s

Re: WDCA Under 17s

weapons05/06;205783 said:
walk in the park.........you bowled ok.......dunno about your teamates riff raff chit chat when you's are getting flogged.........if you think about it willy's top 5 bats didnt get a hit and still got flogged.........show's the gap between the top half of the 4 and the bottom half......nick rainone 98 should have tonned up im sure in the same predicament again he would take all the singles not look for boundries.......good effort seing he usually bats at 9......

Well said.

Young Willi Lad;205820 said:
Well played yesterday!:p

i didnt play lol.. just like hearing u guys talk urselves up on here like uve already one the flag..

i dont know whether u will be able to go all the way without the expert leadership of Brownie.. we all know hes the reason u won it the last time.. it was all him, he will tell ya

weapons05/06;205783 said:
walk in the park.........you bowled ok.......dunno about your teamates riff raff chit chat when you's are getting flogged.........if you think about it willy's top 5 bats didnt get a hit and still got flogged.........show's the gap between the top half of the 4 and the bottom half......nick rainone 98 should have tonned up im sure in the same predicament again he would take all the singles not look for boundries.......good effort seing he usually bats at 9......
What can i say :p . Ummm.
Okay yeh willi beat us by lots.
Yeh i bowled okay. I had to bowl well with brownie watching lol :p.
The talk was just a bit of fun between balls.
Yeh well that's what lots of recruits can do, the depth gets bigger bigger and bigger.
We got flogged coz we didn't score enough runs.
It's not that big of a gap between the top and bottom of the 4.
Nick yeh probably shoulda got the 100, oh well 98 is a great effort in its own right. Nick doesn't deserve to bat at 9, he's better than that.

The A.N. Special;205822 said:
i didnt play lol.. just like hearing u guys talk urselves up on here like uve already one the flag..

i dont know whether u will be able to go all the way without the expert leadership of Brownie.. we all know hes the reason u won it the last time.. it was all him, he will tell ya

nah it wasnt all me it was a team performance me included.........maybe thats what you boys down their should think about the key word being ''TEAM''
as for flag favourites come finals time its a whole new ball game and on their day any 1 can beat any 1 so until then favourites to me mean sh1t........
a good young bunch of young blokes in the team this year and ill be rapt for them ''IF'' they go all the way........only teams go all the way not individuals......

catch.it;205814 said:
the captain of AN is dog man, whats his name, spit or sumthing
putting everyone on the boundary so he cant hit runs
then if im right, caught him out on 98
smart bit of captaincy though

:p :D :cool: @|

Cricket Addict;205826 said:
What can i say :p . Ummm.
Okay yeh willi beat us by lots.
Yeh i bowled okay. I had to bowl well with brownie watching lol :p.
The talk was just a bit of fun between balls.
Yeh well that's what lots of recruits can do, the depth gets bigger bigger and bigger.
We got flogged coz we didn't score enough runs.
It's not that big of a gap between the top and bottom of the 4.
Nick yeh probably shoulda got the 100, oh well 98 is a great effort in its own right. Nick doesn't deserve to bat at 9, he's better than that.

Dont use the recruits as an excuse for our win. The boys that got the runs were all Willi boys through and through.
Its not our fault that the club has a great reputation and people want to come and play for us.
Scary how easily we won and what we had left in the shed wasn't it cricket addict.
Maybe you should start looking at the big picture buddy.
And surely u cant say you bowled "well" you guys needed 10 wickets, you my friend got no wickets.
Its all good and well to bowl tight but in some situations you need wickets and you my friend havent taken any against us in 2 games.

Young Willi Lad;206137 said:
Dont use the recruits as an excuse for our win. The boys that got the runs were all Willi boys through and through.
Its not our fault that the club has a great reputation and people want to come and play for us.
Scary how easily we won and what we had left in the shed wasn't it cricket addict.
Maybe you should start looking at the big picture buddy.
And surely u cant say you bowled "well" you guys needed 10 wickets, you my friend got no wickets.
Its all good and well to bowl tight but in some situations you need wickets and you my friend havent taken any against us in 2 games.

It's not an excuse. We lost cause we didn't play as well.
Yeh what about with the ball...? :p
No it wasn't that scary. Put the ball in good spots you can get almost anyone out.
I think i bowled well. So what if i didn't take any wickets. Sometimes it doesn't go your way. Had an lbw chance, some went passed the bat. At least i was tying the batsman down. Five overs only for five or six runs. I'd take that. I know i could've been alot more attacking with the ball, but...i couldn't ;). Well there you go, no wickets in 2 games against Willi:rolleyes: .

Cricket Addict;206340 said:
It's not an excuse. We lost cause we didn't play as well.
Yeh what about with the ball...? :p
No it wasn't that scary. Put the ball in good spots you can get almost anyone out.
I think i bowled well. So what if i didn't take any wickets. Sometimes it doesn't go your way. Had an lbw chance, some went passed the bat. At least i was tying the batsman down. Five overs only for five or six runs. I'd take that. I know i could've been alot more attacking with the ball, but...i couldn't ;). Well there you go, no wickets in 2 games against Willi:rolleyes: .

nah mate u didnt bowl well u didnt get any wickets ffs!!..... wickets means ur team is on top of opposistion, u need 10 wkts to win a match and u didnt get u guys only got 3 come on and u guys are 4th on ladder u can tell use are top for material carnt ya huh .... i think not

bunsen;206531 said:
nah mate u didnt bowl well u didnt get any wickets ffs!!..... wickets means ur team is on top of opposistion, u need 10 wkts to win a match and u didnt get u guys only got 3 come on and u guys are 4th on ladder u can tell use are top for material carnt ya huh .... i think not

You can still bowl well without taking any wickets. Results don't say everything.

bunsen;206531 said:

hey bunsen......lol

get that w.c.c emblem off your user name before some 1 cracks the pooh's:eek: @|

Cricket Addict;206545 said:
You can still bowl well without taking any wickets. Results don't say everything.

so wat ur sayin u can have a team 0/350 and say yeh we bowled well today.... :S:S
wickets slow down the run rate and wickets puts pressure on the batsman forcing them to play shots that they wouldn't normally play brother!!@|

bunsen;206593 said:
so wat ur sayin u can have a team 0/350 and say yeh we bowled well today.... :S:S
wickets slow down the run rate and wickets puts pressure on the batsman forcing them to play shots that they wouldn't normally play brother!!@|

gee whizz who have you been listening to????;)

bunsen;206593 said:

350 is a great score as a batting side, whether your 0 for or all out. what he's trying to say is if you've bowled well and restricted a team to 120 at compulsory close then wickets down aren't that important.

you're right though, wickets put the pressure on and the less time a batsman is at the crease the less "settled in" they are and less likely to start smashing them around, so theoretically the more wickets you take the lower the oppositions score, however i've seen plenty of 9th and 10th wicket partnerships that have annoyed bowling sides.

bunsen;206593 said:

.............................No that is not what i'm saying maybe you should re-read what i said.
Yeh and... no runs puts pressure on the batsman forcing them to play shots that they wouldn't normally bother aswell;) .

Looking at the 2nd last round in the under 17a's before finals time.
And there are 2 very crucial games this week.

Altona v Werribee. This could be the duel for 2nd spot. You would think Werribee would get over the line here but you never know.

Williamstown v Wbee Centrals. Considering what happened last time we played where we just missed out on beating them outright we should win comfortably.

Hoppers v Altona North. This is the last chance Hoppers have of making finals. This match is basically a match for 4th place. Im hoping Hoppers will get up but i think Altona North will be a bit to good.

wats everyones thoughts on the U17's A's team of the year?????
who would you choose in your team of the year??
ohhh if ur from centrals sorry fellas u have no chance in hell in making the team of the year!! :D

bunsen;206977 said:
wats everyones thoughts on the U17's A's team of the year?????
who would you choose in your team of the year??
ohhh if ur from centrals sorry fellas u have no chance in hell in making the team of the year!! :D

hahaha
bunsen, u loser
but a good thread,
a few kids names going through my head
willi; conway, mills, hancock, davis, d'altera, doyle
a.n; spteri, frydas, kelly, auciello, bonnici, wilkinson
werribee; hill, gudde, fratantaro, smith, purton,
altona; muirhead, henwood, wilson
hoppers; metcher

what yas think

Back