West Indies In Australia - 2015/16

6/207 at stumps. The Windies did well to get to that score thanks to Bravo and Roach who have put on 91 so far. Bravo has batted really well but has really only had Roach for support.

Not sure if Australia will enforce the follow on if they are able to, I guess it depends how close the Windies get. Given that Gabriel won't take any further part in the game it may be a chance of happening. I think if West Indies were seven or eight down right now and probably 50 runs further behind you would think Smith would do that if given the chance.
Tend to agree, think the follow on is gone now. Good fight by Bravo, there is some spirit there afterall.

A tad harsh on burns. Let him find his feet against all countries instead of making out that he's perfect. He's only played a handful of tests.
You say that and it was a really good ball that got him, but really is there a weaker team to play? maybe Zimbabwe.

Well that is all over and though a win is a win, somehow there is no satisfaction in that. I am sure the team will celebrate but only to a point

Yeah they almost looked like they were even interested. Hard to see it not being another fizzer for Boxing Day.

I'm not convinced on Burns at this point. Seems to hang his bat out a lot outside off stump and today he was bowled through a massive gap between bat and pad. It was a good ball yes but I think he's still got a fair bit of work in front of him.
Agreed. Don't think he has the technique of an opener and I think the two of him and Warner in difficult batting conditions will be found out as a partnership.

On Burns, i think i'd rather keep S. Marsh in the side. At the moment Khawaja in Burns out. Form warrants it at this stage.

Burns made 100 lol. It was the right choice leaving Marsh out, with the possible exception of dropping his brother. Otherwise you can't trust marsh. Don't worry about the 180. I have more faith Burns would get to 30 in the next hit.

So 2-0 to Australia in another fairly ordinary game. West Indies were better though, particularly in the second half of the game where they showed some fight. Jason Holder looked fairly dejected when he was dismissed today, he was probably hoping to extend the match into a fifth day.

It looks as if Peter Siddle is unlikely to play the third test due to foot soreness and there's also talk of possibly playing two spinners depending on the state of the pitch at the SCG. That would open the door for Scott Boland to play or Stephen O'Keefe who is the second spinner in the third test squad.

well Burns performed as did Usman. Good luck to them they have settled themselves in now and can look to the future and the real test to come. Sad game, a bit of fight but was going no where. Even i am a bit bored with this, almost put a BB game on the other day. Almost

So the third test starts tomorrow. Australia have made one change with Steve O'Keefe coming in for Peter Siddle who hasn't recovered from an ankle complaint. The West Indies may also make one change with Miguel Cummins a chance to make his debut in place of Kemar Roach.

The weather forecast isn't good for this test with showers expected tomorrow and then rain expected on Monday and Tuesday. The forecast for Wednesday and Thursday is better but more showers are expected on both of those days.

Really liking the Brathwaite's, so much so that this talk of kicking the Windies out of test cricket needs to stop.

Lose Samuels (waste of space) and Roach (not the same after the injury). Replace those two with some up and comers and stay the course.

As a leggie it would be great if Bishoo could be fit to play but thems the breaks I guess.

Last edited:
If there's one positive from the rain it is that I managed to get a picture with Goat: (Sorry it's so big)

1EJwkY7.jpg

Thankfully that joke of a series is over!

A bit disappointing that the West Indies had no interest in the possibility of forcing a result yesterday, preferring to make 300!

That said, you'd hate to get into a situation where anything like this might be suggested!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cr...till-bitter-about-the-day-Cronje-cheated.html

Looking fwd now to the next time the Aussies put the whites on in the test matches in NZ.

I think I saw a headline yesterday that Southee may be in doubt due to injury?

Ok so that was a total fizzer of a series. From the posting we all seem to have been underwhelmed. The series in NZ should be a cracker on their soil. Yoiu would think NZ will be favourites.

Back