Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

A.B De Villiers;359745 said:
can confirm that caroline springs will not be fielding a turf side this year.

I think the Turf Grade comp is looking very shaky now, which is quite sad seeing it was probably the best and most competative season last year. I know it is a step backwards but maybe the Association might have to go back to a matting comp. Teams left who would join the comp include;

1. Melton Centrals
2. Burnside
3. St Johns
4. Melton South
5. Melton Cricket club (3rd XI) - Possible??
6. Werribee Centrals (3rd XI) - Possible??

The grounds to be used I believe are St Pauls, Footscray ANA's and Kingy Bapts grounds at Angliss on Sunday, a possible 1/2 share at Heathdale College Werribee and If the Newport Rams have finished up then I wouldn't be surprised if the Association is trying to get their ground if its available but they will have competition from Congs as well I would say.

Interesting times ahead for the WSUCCA Turf Comp

Billy Bowden;359761 said:
I think the Turf Grade comp is looking very shaky now, which is quite sad seeing it was probably the best and most competative season last year. I know it is a step backwards but maybe the Association might have to go back to a matting comp. Teams left who would join the comp include;

1. Melton Centrals
2. Burnside
3. St Johns
4. Melton South
5. Melton Cricket club (3rd XI) - Possible??
6. Werribee Centrals (3rd XI) - Possible??

The grounds to be used I believe are St Pauls, Footscray ANA's and Kingy Bapts grounds at Angliss on Sunday, a possible 1/2 share at Heathdale College Werribee and If the Newport Rams have finished up then I wouldn't be surprised if the Association is trying to get their ground if its available but they will have competition from Congs as well I would say.

Interesting times ahead for the WSUCCA Turf Comp

So sad...:mad:
Knowing first hand the current Execs stubborness i think they will happily play Turf with 4 teams. Club wellbeing has never been a high priority for these guys.
We all know what happens when you bite the hand that feeds you.
I love Karma!!!
Ground,Grounds,Grounds, Drought,Drought, Drought.

Not Just Empty Words;359749 said:
Is this due to lack of ground or decision not to play turf in the WSCCA ?

This club is more junior focused and as a result the senior department is seen as the poor cousin.
The club has a major split last year due to the fact that they won A matt granny and got no recognision as a result.
Most of the senior blokes formed there own club called Burnside.
All current Church clubs do not have there own wickets to play turf on and look to the association to provide them with these facilities.
Drought & Grounds the biggest issue for cricket in general.

Not Just Empty Words;359749 said:
Is this due to lack of ground or decision not to play turf in the WSCCA ?

I believe they have decided to not put a turf team in. Lack of ground was an issue last season. they do have a matts ground, 2, possibly 3 actually. so that is where they are focussing their seniors.

This is not an attack on you, mate, because for the most part, I know you're just putting forward what information has been given to you, but it's time to debunk some myths.

BigCoq;359780 said:
This club is more junior focused and as a result the senior department is seen as the poor cousin.

Seniors are not, and have never been, treated as "the poor cousin". I know where this fallacy started, and since I am one of the actual inaugarul members at C/S (not like some who have claimed to be, but are not) that it is rubbish. Last year C/S fielded 11 Junior sides: despite that, seniors still gained funds for a bowling machine, practice balls whenever they were needed (white for winter training, red come summer), training under lights, etc. Apart from the first year of senior cricket at C/S, when we fielded ONE Dgrade matting side, people with personal interests in seniors have generally outweighed those purely interested in juniors on the committee DESPITE there being 3:1 junior to senior sides. Sick of hearing this B/S. Never ceases to amaze me how senior cricketers gripe whenever 100% of the focus is not on them.

BigCoq;359780 said:
The club has a major split last year due to the fact that they won A matt granny and got no recognision as a result.

This is just not true. I'm glad the people spouting this crap havemoved past "omg they won't less us swear or drink beer" (cause that was untrue). Christ, the reason for the split is in this thread, and it sure as hell wasn't because premiership didn't get any recognition. Christ.

again, none of that is directed at you bigcoq, but the people immature enough to spout this b/s as if it's gospel.
----
Re: this association

These are my thoughts, and should not be considered as reflective of C/S. And i'm just using one example of a thousand to demonstrate my opinion.

C/S didn't receive a nomination form prior to the AGM. Not the first time it's happened, and definitely not the first club it's happened to. The proper distribution of nomination forms for an AGM is not just a "damn, we gotta do that thang we're people get forms and stuff", but a proper legal process any incorporated body needs to do. If the members (even just one) of the board of management (which is essentially what the clubs are), are having their capacity to influence and participate in the management of the association compromised, then the association is reduced to a farce. That's the reason this association is going down the gurgler: it's broke. It's not just a little broke though - it's run with no regard for proper processes. It's an old mans club that operates solely on "how do we feel like running it today", and hell, when tough decisions need to be made THEN they feel like hiding behind "well, rule x says that and hell, i don't want to interpret it and apply it contextually because rules are black and white".

MV!;360032 said:
This is not an attack on you, mate, because for the most part, I know you're just putting forward what information has been given to you, but it's time to debunk some myths.

Seniors are not, and have never been, treated as "the poor cousin". I know where this fallacy started, and since I am one of the actual inaugarul members at C/S (not like some who have claimed to be, but are not) that it is rubbish. Last year C/S fielded 11 Junior sides: despite that, seniors still gained funds for a bowling machine, practice balls whenever they were needed (white for winter training, red come summer), training under lights, etc. Apart from the first year of senior cricket at C/S, when we fielded ONE Dgrade matting side, people with personal interests in seniors have generally outweighed those purely interested in juniors on the committee DESPITE there being 3:1 junior to senior sides. Sick of hearing this B/S. Never ceases to amaze me how senior cricketers gripe whenever 100% of the focus is not on them.

This is just not true. I'm glad the people spouting this crap havemoved past "omg they won't less us swear or drink beer" (cause that was untrue). Christ, the reason for the split is in this thread, and it sure as hell wasn't because premiership didn't get any recognition. Christ.

again, none of that is directed at you bigcoq, but the people immature enough to spout this b/s as if it's gospel.
----

These are my thoughts, and should not be considered as reflective of C/S. And i'm just using one example of a thousand to demonstrate my opinion.

C/S didn't receive a nomination form prior to the AGM. Not the first time it's happened, and definitely not the first club it's happened to. The proper distribution of nomination forms for an AGM is not just a "damn, we gotta do that thang we're people get forms and stuff", but a proper legal process any incorporated body needs to do. If the members (even just one) of the board of management (which is essentially what the clubs are), are having their capacity to influence and participate in the management of the association compromised, then the association is reduced to a farce. That's the reason this association is going down the gurgler: it's broke. It's not just a little broke though - it's run with no regard for proper processes. It's an old mans club that operates solely on "how do we feel like running it today", and hell, when tough decisions need to be made THEN they feel like hiding behind "well, rule x says that and hell, i don't want to interpret it and apply it contextually because rules are black and white".

All good matty thats the low down i got from the disgruntled senior players.
I think it is a perseption thing now but your retort should quash any of those rumours. I suppose that this current disission sounded like, more of the same.
What are club thinking of doing with the senior teams M.V.?

Its awfully quite on here Morgue like actually.
What are the feeling of the current teams still playing in the revamped Turf Comp.

Churches have now lost Altona Roosters 1 & 2, St Andrews, Congs , Kingy, C/S. Leaving only Melton Centrals who have know where else to go, Burnside who are newly formed and require stability before moving on and St Johns staunch to the end for better or worse.I cant believe you would entertain the idea of thirds sides making up the numbers in the turf embarrising really not a good advertisement of the comp i would think. Time to merge with willy swollow your pride gentlemen its the only smart decision but we know what your track record is like on smart decisions.

I would just like to extend on this information. To an extent you are right, however this Club asked 3 A Grade Premiership Players never to return to their club. They also advised our A- Grade winner captian/ coach that he would have to re-apply for his position. To this day, this club has never sat down with the 3 players that were shown the door to discuss the reasons behind their decision. Instead they hide behind emails. As our opposition know - we were a tight knit team and would always look after each other no matter what.

Yes, Burnside have formed their own club and we will strive to play the highest grade possible. We will teach our players what loyality and respect for the game & each other is all about.

We as a group have moved on and it is Caroline Springs choice if that want drop down grades to hunt glory. Pretty embarrasing if you ask me, but we would rather not be associated with their decision making and linked to their club is any way, shape or form.

The split has occurred and we are a season on. They a have their direction and we have ours.

I will leave it up to you to decide who is immature.

MV!;360032 said:

----

i can see your still mummies little boy matty, sprouting your version of the gospel. so please explain to us all why cscc has lost between 40 to 50 snr players in the last three years??, must be all the support they get from the commitee. and tell us this, why would nearly two sides walk away from your club in support of there team mates if those three players were in the wrong? it dont matter whats said or what ya hear, those are they truths and anyone who knows cricket and saw that happening would know thats not a club worth playing snrs at.

so why dont ya take some of your own advice matt. stop dragging up the past. while BSUCC have moved on it seems you havent. no one from our club has said anything on here since my last post, really matty let it go..you need to move on

its just not cricket;360985 said:
i can see your still mummies little boy matty, sprouting your version of the gospel. so please explain to us all why cscc has lost between 40 to 50 snr players in the last three years??, must be all the support they get from the commitee. and tell us this, why would nearly two sides walk away from your club in support of there team mates if those three players were in the wrong? it dont matter whats said or what ya hear, those are they truths and anyone who knows cricket and saw that happening would know thats not a club worth playing snrs at.

so why dont ya take some of your own advice matt. stop dragging up the past. while BSUCC have moved on it seems you havent. no one from our club has said anything on here since my last post, really matty let it go..you need to move on

From my original post -
Times mentioning BSUCC: 0
Times mentioning players from BSUCC: 0
Times attacking BSUCC or explicitly naming players from aforementioned club: 0
Times alluding to my personal opinion of leaders of BSUCC: Okay, okay, I admit that I did it once.
Times mentioning ratio of senior to junior members at CSCC in order to explain the increased focus on juniors: 1
Times mentioning ratio of senior invested people on committee with a view for long term sustainability: 1
Players lost in split based on clearance forms: Approx. 20
Head coaches of C/S in season of split and two years previous in which player loss was experienced: you know the answer.
Times you've obviously moved on from it: 0
Times in history that large groups of people have followed a perceived leader into causes that the benefit of hindsight has shown to be wrong: You've espoused army service in the past, i'm sure you can come up with an answer here, hey?

I'm not posting again on the issue. I defended a club I care deeply about without attacking you, or B/S. Any impartial reader with the smallest amount of reading comprehension will know that you're digging up graves. At this point I know that every other post I make will be followed up by the same shit. Hatchet. Buried.

kthxbye.

MV!;361056 said:
From my original post -
Times mentioning BSUCC: 0
Times mentioning players from BSUCC: 0
Times attacking BSUCC or explicitly naming players from aforementioned club: 0
Times alluding to my personal opinion of leaders of BSUCC: Okay, okay, I admit that I did it once.
Times mentioning ratio of senior to junior members at CSCC in order to explain the increased focus on juniors: 1
Times mentioning ratio of senior invested people on committee with a view for long term sustainability: 1
Players lost in split based on clearance forms: Approx. 20
Head coaches of C/S in season of split and two years previous in which player loss was experienced: you know the answer.
Times you've obviously moved on from it: 0
Times in history that large groups of people have followed a perceived leader into causes that the benefit of hindsight has shown to be wrong: You've espoused army service in the past, i'm sure you can come up with an answer here, hey?

I'm not posting again on the issue. I defended a club I care deeply about without attacking you, or B/S. Any impartial reader with the smallest amount of reading comprehension will know that you're digging up graves. At this point I know that every other post I make will be followed up by the same shit. Hatchet. Buried.

kthxbye.

truth hurts hey

and just to make another point.. no one followed me..or either of the other two for that matter..they left cause what the commitee did was WRONG

Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Anyone got any news what is happening with Church Comp? Only 5 weeks to start of the season and what is happening.

1 Is the Turf Grade going ahead? There is only 3 teams comitted at the moment I hear as well. Which grounds will they be playing on?

2 Is the one day comp going ahead?

Billy Bowden;362835 said:
Anyone got any news what is happening with Church Comp? Only 5 weeks to start of the season and what is happening.

1 Is the Turf Grade going ahead? There is only 3 teams comitted at the moment I hear as well. Which grounds will they be playing on?

2 Is the one day comp going ahead?

Judging by the rapid and overwhelming response Billy, I would say that the turf comp is dead. If not there is some steady bleeding from major arteries and it is only a matter of time...

Hi billy, good to see ya, One day comp is going ahead (thanks to all who supported) as for turf wouldn't have any idea mate. Look forward to catching up with you soon.

Komodo Dragon;363043 said:
Judging by the rapid and overwhelming response Billy, I would say that the turf comp is dead. If not there is some steady bleeding from major arteries and it is only a matter of time...

reckon that is spot on KD .....reap what you sow.... Gooky,Claude and co may just be the ones to see the end of this historic comp!!

QUOTE: reckon that is spot on KD .....reap what you sow.... Gooky,Claude and co may just be the ones to see the end of this historic comp!!

Yeah spot on i think they were also there at the start, cricket has changed they haven't.

borntigerfan;363453 said:
QUOTE: reckon that is spot on KD .....reap what you sow.... Gooky,Claude and co may just be the ones to see the end of this historic comp!!

Yeah spot on i think they were also there at the start, cricket has changed they haven't.

Breaking news from the Hen House were cock a hoop just got our ground allocation which is a full share of Altona Green.
Fair enough too seeing as we curate the bloody thing. Congs also have a ground.
Roosters moving forward bring on the cricket.
Any one in chuches turf looking for a new place to play come down we are also 70% finished on our BRAND NEW club room come down enjoy ur cricket boys.
We just signed up Happy for those interested.
Go Us.......

BigCoq;364047 said:
Breaking news from the Hen House were cock a hoop just got our ground allocation which is a full share of Altona Green.
Fair enough too seeing as we curate the bloody thing. Congs also have a ground.
Roosters moving forward bring on the cricket.
Any one in chuches turf looking for a new place to play come down we are also 70% finished on our BRAND NEW club room come down enjoy ur cricket boys.
We just signed up Happy for those interested.
Go Us.......

G'day Big Coq

Good to here that things are going well down at Rooster land. Great addition for you guys getting Happy. Surely Congs will be spewing loosing a very good cricketer. He was technicaly there best bat even though he did struggle a bit with the bat last year. He does have the ability though to have a big year with both bat and ball. Will be a welcome addition to your middle order and give you that extra seam bowler you probably missed last season.

Wish you and your club all the best for this season and i am sure i will catch up you during the season.

GO DOGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back