Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Billy Bowden;365999 said:
G'day Clear Pickets

I think the reason why the Association would of been trying as long as possible to keep the Turf Grade is because once it is gone it will be very hard to get going again as they will loose the grounds.

The dissapointing thing now for the clubs is that they may loose players who want to play good quality turf cricket. I am sure most players will be loyal to there clubs and to their fellow teammates but i am sure there will be many tempting offers from other clubs who can offer turf cricket. If the players do stay then the clubs have to find extra matting grounds to use as well. With the current drought it will be very tough.

All the best for the upcoming year.

If it is true that the turf has been given the "no" vote, it is very sad. Having come from this comp many years ago (when it was a mats comp) I thought that by moving into the turf arena it would grow the comp. Well, after the many clubs upset at the goings on have left, I guess it was inevitable!! Without sounding like a poacher, I would like to invite any players that wish to continue playing turf to consider the club I have been at for many years, Spotswood. Great conditions, terrific bunch of blokes who enjoy not only on field, but off field as well. We are currently training on our turf practice wickets (I am sure not alot of district clubs are doing) and have 4 senior mens sides. Anyone interested, please feel free to flick me a pm. For thise of you who decide to stay on, good luck.

:)

Sorry to hear that turf will not be going ahead in Churches but most of you should have seen it coming.
Honestly i am sorry for stalwards of good clubs such as Temby boys all the Centrals boys Haysey,Hullett etc especially now they have nothing to defend.
Not sorry about Melton South Karma bit you boys on the ass.
Burnside well your still trying to find your feet best of luck given time you will find your rightfull place.
Caroline Springs interesting that they have no turf team but tayls tells us that there is a new turf ground in Caroline Springs. If this is true i would be of the opinion that the C/S commitee is being negligent in there duties and to there members and the entire cricketing community at large if they are not trying to secure this ground for there own club and build around turf for the future. (Only an opinion based on tayls info, not fact) Just think for C/S to grow an prosper it needs a turf ground, is all...

Melton Central good to see you were prepared to make the hard/tough/honerable call and put in 2 turf teams to make the comp work and balace thing out. Your efforts should be applauded.

As you all on here would be aware The Altona Roosters have now joined the VTCA B1&2. our furtherest away game is Jacana. We would like to ask respectfully of course if any players would like to join us in our quest to
greener pastures.
We can offer a game on TURF Firsts and Seconds.
We have a brand new massive club room 3/4 built Should be ready for seasons start.
We have recruited Happy(Congs) and Two young Poms(County) so we are not going into the comp to get our pants pulled down were in it to win it.
Also a couple of players from other areas.

If you think you have something to offer P.M. me what we really need is a Keeper a Quick and an Opener would be nice and most of all GOOD BLOKES...

Sorry if it seems like i am dancing on graves but only looking out for the success of my club we are a good bunch of blokes of the field maybe not on it but im sure thats the way u would want it........
Most blokes dont trundle out of the place on a saturday night until the wee ours so i do know we offer fun on and off the field........
We are well run with a clear vision towards the future........
i am sure phone calls will be flying around now considering we are not the only club that has changed comps.........
Thanks guys best of luck in ur cricket 09/10.......
Hopefully some of you take up the challenge to embark on a bigger brighter future with us....
GO ROOSTERS!!! GO US!!!!!!!

Too Old Body Broke;366018 said:
If it is true that the turf has been given the "no" vote, it is very sad. Having come from this comp many years ago (when it was a mats comp) I thought that by moving into the turf arena it would grow the comp. Well, after the many clubs upset at the goings on have left, I guess it was inevitable!! Without sounding like a poacher, I would like to invite any players that wish to continue playing turf to consider the club I have been at for many years, Spotswood. Great conditions, terrific bunch of blokes who enjoy not only on field, but off field as well. We are currently training on our turf practice wickets (I am sure not alot of district clubs are doing) and have 4 senior mens sides. Anyone interested, please feel free to flick me a pm. For thise of you who decide to stay on, good luck.

:)
yep played against you mate, very handy in your day!! reckon we may have even played off in a big one or two? There are a couple of players in the churches that would fit in at your level...but they are very loyal to thier current clubs and would a great koo to pick them up!! the best players in the comp are Temby and young Hayes from centrals...........

Well it is a sad day for the association indeed. Maybe I jinxed it by opening my mouth too soon :confused:

I am sorry to see the turf comp end in the way that it has. Over the next few years it is going to get harder and harder to revive it too.

It's funny how things change in such a short space of time. For me, it's not so bad as I am on the wrong side of 35 but for young blokes that have played turf in the last few years and would love to stay in the comp I really do feel sorry for them.

To all those staying and that have left, I wish you all good luck, wherever you are playing.

roosters hack;366058 said:
yep played against you mate, very handy in your day!! reckon we may have even played off in a big one or two? There are a couple of players in the churches that would fit in at your level...but they are very loyal to thier current clubs and would a great koo to pick them up!! the best players in the comp are Temby and young Hayes from centrals...........

Ok, not sure who you are. I did play in 2 losing gf's before I left for turf. A few years ago now:eek:. As I said, I don't want to sound like I am a seagull hovering over my next meal!! I just wanted to throw it out there that if there are guys wanting to continue to play turf, you can do alot worse than Spotty.
Are you still playing? Where are your new rooms? I would love to call past and have a look?

BigCoq;366043 said:
Caroline Springs interesting that they have no turf team but tayls tells us that there is a new turf ground in Caroline Springs. If this is true i would be of the opinion that the C/S commitee is being negligent in there duties and to there members and the entire cricketing community at large if they are not trying to secure this ground for there own club and build around turf for the future. (Only an opinion based on tayls info, not fact) Just think for C/S to grow an prosper it needs a turf ground, is all...

If there's a new turf ground in Caroline Springs, it sure has been hidden really, really, really well. I'm gonna have to give Vanessa a call and find out exactly why she hadn't told me about this ground existing...

Good to see the association is still distributing accurate and reliable information. :)

tayls;365604 said:
Think it's St Johns, Melton Centrals x 2, Melton South, Hoppers Xing and Burnside.

St Pauls, A new ground out at Caroline Springs, Angliss on Sundays and 1/2 Share in a wicket at Darley.

Awaiting the draw. Supposed to be out on Monday. I must say I was not expecting this so it was a pleasant surprise when I found out this news from committee members who attended the meeting.

M.V. not here to start rumours but as u can see above. "A new ground at Caroline Springs" and that is what i based my opinion on however if this is just a rumour forget anything i said about Caroline Springs.
u guys have every right to have your senior team start in A matts and rebuild.

Matty were u playing???? Best of luck!!!

MV!;366138 said:
If there's a new turf ground in Caroline Springs, it sure has been hidden really, really, really well. I'm gonna have to give Vanessa a call and find out exactly why she hadn't told me about this ground existing...

Good to see the association is still distributing accurate and reliable information. :)

Hi MV

Don't take me on my word but I heard the ground was down towards the Taylors Hill Area. I think it could also be at a school as well.

Too Old Body Broke;366116 said:
Ok, not sure who you are. I did play in 2 losing gf's before I left for turf. A few years ago now:eek:. As I said, I don't want to sound like I am a seagull hovering over my next meal!! I just wanted to throw it out there that if there are guys wanting to continue to play turf, you can do alot worse than Spotty.
Are you still playing? Where are your new rooms? I would love to call past and have a look?

Yep ....handy bowler you were, half the run up i had and a yard quicker!! AHSOB are now Point Cook i think? Yarra Bapts now Altona Roosters...anyhow I have had two years off on put on 10 kegs so time to run around again in the thirds and fourths, the new clubrooms are are on Langshaws at Fifth Ave Altona North just off Blackshaws...the old ANBY ground....you are most welcome to come by for a beer, might even shout you one!! Hope your year at Spotty goes well.:)

roosters hack;366200 said:
Yep ....handy bowler you were, half the run up i had and a yard quicker!! AHSOB are now Point Cook i think? Yarra Bapts now Altona Roosters...anyhow I have had two years off on put on 10 kegs so time to run around again in the thirds and fourths, the new clubrooms are are on Langshaws at Fifth Ave Altona North just off Blackshaws...the old ANBY ground....you are most welcome to come by for a beer, might even shout you one!! Hope your year at Spotty goes well.:)

hahaha now I definately know who you are. Yeah Point Cook are going along ok I think. Not many left there from my days. Robbo and a few others. I ran into Knocka last season at Spotty. Talked about old times. I will definately call in this season for a beer. And all the best to you. I dont think it will take long to work the kg's off in the heat:D

Nothing rude intended. But Big Coq you of all people should know that players come and go . Good luck to Happy and the rest of your boys this summer.

i see Rockbank got smashed week one and week two they forfeited there match any reason for this
also have noticed three players from rockbank have gone to yarraville club.

Is rockbank in trouble on or off the field?

BigCoq;370752 said:
i see Rockbank got smashed week one and week two they forfeited there match any reason for this

I dont believe so with a lot of their players also from the football club they had their end of season trip last weekend that could be the reason they had to forfiet due to unavailabilities. They forfeited all their grades one day side as well. A couple of our players also were unavailable due to the Rockbank Football Club end of season footy trip. If you havent got the players that week it makes it hard to play. And with them having oly 2 sides this would have been the case. With the couple of players playing at Yarravile club that is correct they have decided to play a higher grade of cricket,a chance on Turf which everyone should be allowed to if they wish. I dont think Rockbank is in trouble I know our side and others have forfieted over the years it happens hope this answers your query kind regards

BigCoq;370752 said:

Rockbank are definatly struggling. Lost outright to Melton Centrals on the 1st day of a 2 day game this weekend.

Billy Bowden;371013 said:
Rockbank are definatly struggling. Lost outright to Melton Centrals on the 1st day of a 2 day game this weekend.

so week off the lads, could all go the cox plate. ;)

Billy Bowden;371013 said:

I concede you and big coq could be right i know last week was a footy trip but this week looks like they didnt have a full side either. and to lose outright the first week is not good especially in A grade. Hopefully the rebound and come back with a vengence. Ps watch out one day comp rockbank will have enough playesr down there this week.

Clear The Pickets;371088 said:
I concede you and big coq could be right i know last week was a footy trip but this week looks like they didnt have a full side either. and to lose outright the first week is not good especially in A grade. Hopefully the rebound and come back with a vengence. Ps watch out one day comp rockbank will have enough playesr down there this week.

The 11 players from the Rockbank A Grade team that made the Semi Finals last year have all left and the team is made up of their C & D Grade team of last year. They are no where near competative enough to be playing A Grade. They are a middle of the range C Grade team. With 6 teams in the A Matts and Rockbank and Altona Sports Struggling looks like the Final 4 is set 2 games into the year.

Billy Bowden;371127 said:
The 11 players from the Rockbank A Grade team that made the Semi Finals last year have all left and the team is made up of their C & D Grade team of last year. They are no where near competative enough to be playing A Grade. They are a middle of the range C Grade team. With 6 teams in the A Matts and Rockbank and Altona Sports Struggling looks like the Final 4 is set 2 games into the year.

Unfortunately there is a lot of uneveness throughout the grades, this could be due to no turf some clubs have had to drop their teams down to the lower grade such as us Melton south, St Johns, Caroline Springs, Burnside and Melton Centrals, some who would have had teams in all grades which makes it difficult for other clubs. The association should have retained the E grade as well as had a one day comp. Because now they have the same levels but some clubs playing higher than they should be, which isnt their fault or the teams who had to drop their sides back. Because everything was left to last minute (turf withdrawl) their was no insight for remaining grades. Maybe they should look at bringing in the E grade and allow some teams who are doing it tough in A, B, C and D grades a chance to drop to an appropiate level. If turf had of gone ahead there would have been Turf, A, B, C , D, and one day grades I presume.

Clear The Pickets;371950 said:
Unfortunately there is a lot of uneveness throughout the grades, this could be due to no turf some clubs have had to drop their teams down to the lower grade such as us Melton south, St Johns, Caroline Springs, Burnside and Melton Centrals, some who would have had teams in all grades which makes it difficult for other clubs. The association should have retained the E grade as well as had a one day comp. Because now they have the same levels but some clubs playing higher than they should be, which isnt their fault or the teams who had to drop their sides back. Because everything was left to last minute (turf withdrawl) their was no insight for remaining grades. Maybe they should look at bringing in the E grade and allow some teams who are doing it tough in A, B, C and D grades a chance to drop to an appropiate level. If turf had of gone ahead there would have been Turf, A, B, C , D, and one day grades I presume.
period

Only five teams in A mats is the four already sorted?
Rockbank forfeit will they survive the regrading?
Is there anyone in b grade able to take there spots?
Is the churches comp in serious trouble moving forward?
My mail suggests Chuches and Willy comp to merge next year!

If anyones is still interested im still looking for a Keeper and an opener some of you boys are way to good to be wasting your talents on the mats take on a fairdinkum challenge join the Roosters VTCA quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back