Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

G'day Rooster Hack and Tram

Good to see things going well down at the Roosters.

If you see your brother Birt before Friday you might want to give some Angry Pills. Was sitting 2 rows back from him on Saturday at the Dogs v Geelong game and he definatly fired up the old boy. Gave the Geelong supporters near by a big mouth full of what he thought. Was quite entertaining.

All the best for the upcoming season boys.

popo970;364205 said:
Happy has been replaced.

And good luck to Congs with that..............sad to see that there are only four clubs willing to put thier hand up for the turf comp last night!! at least all clubs will play finals!!:D

popo970;364205 said:
Happy has been replaced.

care to share who ur gun recruit is popo!!!! or is it top secret!
Do u know where ur playing this year by any chance.

Billy Bowden;364062 said:
G'day Rooster Hack and Tram

Good to see things going well down at the Roosters.

If you see your brother Birt before Friday you might want to give some Angry Pills. Was sitting 2 rows back from him on Saturday at the Dogs v Geelong game and he definatly fired up the old boy. Gave the Geelong supporters near by a big mouth full of what he thought. Was quite entertaining.

All the best for the upcoming season boys.

Thanx Billy.....Yep we are up and running and can't wait for the season to start....Poor Bert, wrong week to give up smoking!! Happy will be a star at our club and playing the higher grade of cricket will bring the best out in him. Still looking for a quality keeper, happy to talk to players looking for a challenge!!

BigCoq;364209 said:
care to share who ur gun recruit is popo!!!! or is it top secret!
Do u know where ur playing this year by any chance.

Good Luck to the Congs, they have enough quality cricketers to go all the way.

popo970;364205 said:
Happy has been replaced.

Gee popo we move on quickly!
your comment come across a little rude dont u think.
When Gazza went to u guys we wished him all the success in the world and to not forget who his mates are and there's always a beer waiting for him at the bar. Very interesting responce.
Good luck for the season mate.

any information on the one day comp? i know that we will have a side in it....only worried about it being overloaded with trophy hunters and big fish in small pond cricketers!!

All i know that they are putting it in the lowest grade, lets hope that sides take the one day comp for what it is. Mainly for people who can only play on odd weekends and park cricketers. Did you guys recive email about wsucca meeting we didnt and we didnt know about the meeting so we never turned up. wew got the minutes that said 7 clubs including yours didnt front so we assume you never got one either. Poor management early in the season lol.:rolleyes:

borntigerfan;364341 said:
All i know that they are putting it in the lowest grade, lets hope that sides take the one day comp for what it is. Mainly for people who can only play on odd weekends and park cricketers. Did you guys recive email about wsucca meeting we didnt and we didnt know about the meeting so we never turned up. wew got the minutes that said 7 clubs including yours didnt front so we assume you never got one either. Poor management early in the season lol.:rolleyes:

all good mate....yeah, no one from our club new of the meeting!! bloody typical of this comp!! they'll give us a fine now.....I did hear today that the turf comp has been knocked on the head!! put it out of it's misery really:D yeah that's how we are going to approach the one dayers...kids and semi retired players but no world beaters......should be fun!!;)

What happened at the B.O.M meeting last night is the turf still going ahead or is it finished for the year?:confused:

G'day everyone,

Well, after a winter hiatus I thought it might be time to post again.

To let you all know it appears that the WSUCCA Turf comp will be going ahead this year with (of course) less teams (6).

Some weeks ago I heard that it was finished but after the meeting this week it has come to light that other grounds have been acquired, which of course was brilliant news to all those involved (and to a hack like me!!!)

All the best for the upcoming season and "Go St Johns!"

Tayls

tayls;365336 said:
G'day everyone,

Well, after a winter hiatus I thought it might be time to post again.

To let you all know it appears that the WSUCCA Turf comp will be going ahead this year with (of course) less teams (6).

Some weeks ago I heard that it was finished but after the meeting this week it has come to light that other grounds have been acquired, which of course was brilliant news to all those involved (and to a hack like me!!!)

All the best for the upcoming season and "Go St Johns!"

Tayls

thats good news Tayls....hope it sticks!! the other two teams would be meltons thirds and werribee centrals thirds at a guess........

tayls;365531 said:
RH, spot on and close on the guesses

Best of luck tayls hope it all goes well for your guys....
What about grounds mate i know St Pauls is a certainty ANA/KINGY would only be available on Sundays. Werribee Sundays maybe Melton Saturdays you got an update on grounds mate.

Can confirm for you that Melton 3rds will be playing VSDCA , Melton have only entered 1 team in the chrurches comp and that will be a team in the 1 day comp.(Melton 5th XI) There was interest over the winter but once the competition dropped to 5 teams they decided against it

Leroy;365542 said:
Can confirm for you that Melton 3rds will be playing VSDCA , Melton have only entered 1 team in the chrurches comp and that will be a team in the 1 day comp.(Melton 5th XI) There was interest over the winter but once the competition dropped to 5 teams they decided against it

Think it's St Johns, Melton Centrals x 2, Melton South, Hoppers Xing and Burnside.

St Pauls, A new ground out at Caroline Springs, Angliss on Sundays and 1/2 Share in a wicket at Darley.

Awaiting the draw. Supposed to be out on Monday. I must say I was not expecting this so it was a pleasant surprise when I found out this news from committee members who attended the meeting.

tayls;365604 said:
Think it's St Johns, Melton Centrals x 2, Melton South, Hoppers Xing and Burnside.

St Pauls, A new ground out at Caroline Springs, Angliss on Sundays and 1/2 Share in a wicket at Darley.

Awaiting the draw. Supposed to be out on Monday. I must say I was not expecting this so it was a pleasant surprise when I found out this news from committee members who attended the meeting.

Melton centrals with two sides? .......Well done guys hope it goes well for you! hope you don't cop as much flack as we did....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Darley? thats a fair travel might as well of joined the VTCA

roosters hack;365898 said:
Melton centrals with two sides? .......Well done guys hope it goes well for you! hope you don't cop as much flack as we did....:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Darley? thats a fair travel might as well of joined the VTCA

Can now confirm that the Turf Comp is not going ahead with the loss of Burnside who withdrew. The WSUCCA has a lot to answer here i know they wanted and tried to keep the Turf Comp as long as possible but wth all the other sides leaving the comp during the off season they should have bit the bullet then and not had turf. Now they have turned it into a farce with the remaining clubs not knowing what was going on til now and we are 10 days out from the first round. This puts a lot of stress on all clubs not knowing who is playing where in each grade. with the loss of teams and most importantly grounds the WSUCCA should have made the tuff call of removing the turf comp. Myself as a player am disapointed in what has happend and will be letting my feelings known to my committee on the way we have been treated and how we and all clubs should have been treated, any wonder these other clubs have left the comp with the miss management and goings on this season and the passed few seasons. Good luck to everyone lets get on and do what we are here for and play cricket for the enjoyment of the game and not let outside events destroy the love of the game.

Clear The Pickets;365953 said:
Can now confirm that the Turf Comp is not going ahead with the loss of Burnside who withdrew. The WSUCCA has a lot to answer here i know they wanted and tried to keep the Turf Comp as long as possible but wth all the other sides leaving the comp during the off season they should have bit the bullet then and not had turf. Now they have turned it into a farce with the remaining clubs not knowing what was going on til now and we are 10 days out from the first round. This puts a lot of stress on all clubs not knowing who is playing where in each grade. with the loss of teams and most importantly grounds the WSUCCA should have made the tuff call of removing the turf comp. Myself as a player am disapointed in what has happend and will be letting my feelings known to my committee on the way we have been treated and how we and all clubs should have been treated, any wonder these other clubs have left the comp with the miss management and goings on this season and the passed few seasons. Good luck to everyone lets get on and do what we are here for and play cricket for the enjoyment of the game and not let outside events destroy the love of the game.

G'day Clear Pickets

I think the reason why the Association would of been trying as long as possible to keep the Turf Grade is because once it is gone it will be very hard to get going again as they will loose the grounds.

The dissapointing thing now for the clubs is that they may loose players who want to play good quality turf cricket. I am sure most players will be loyal to there clubs and to their fellow teammates but i am sure there will be many tempting offers from other clubs who can offer turf cricket. If the players do stay then the clubs have to find extra matting grounds to use as well. With the current drought it will be very tough.

All the best for the upcoming year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back