Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association 09/10

weapons05/06;378450 said:
we can do with a keeper and a top order bat next year interested......????;)

More than happy where I am, mate. next year will be dealt with next year, as I have already enough on my plate.

A.B De Villiers;378702 said:
More than happy where I am, mate. next year will be dealt with next year, as I have already enough on my plate.

good luck all the best......

tayls;378563 said:
PRO AIR SYSTEMS SHIELD 2010.

WINNER TAKES $1000

On Sunday the 14th of February 2010, the St Johns Cricket Club will be hosting it's annual “Sevens” Carnival at J.T.Gray Reserve Kororoit Creek Road Nth Williamstown.

This is always a great day with a lot of fun had by all, I prolly wont be playing this year as too many players from the club i used to represent want to play, I think they will have 2 teams again, I wanna win back my sprint title again though, not happy with third last year

on other posts, no, we and the rest wont be back, although havent won the games, we are slowly getting there with (hopefully) a win this week, and with players slowly returning, go the mighty sainters

churches comp is a disgrace this year..why has msps come into the new grades with all there points?? alot of the scores by teams throughout the comp have been abysmal. is that just bad grading??

while we can all sit here and go on about bad decisions, and the poor running of the association, we really shouldnt complain too loudly..we have a chance every year to change the commitee running the comp, but no one puts up there hand except the same guys who do it year after year. if you dont like the way the comps run, then put up ya hand and have a voice, only then will things change..

just an observation.

though it looks like our mobs moving next year as well

its just not cricket;378808 said:
churches comp is a disgrace this year..why has msps come into the new grades with all there points?? alot of the scores by teams throughout the comp have been abysmal. is that just bad grading??

while we can all sit here and go on about bad decisions, and the poor running of the association, we really shouldnt complain too loudly..we have a chance every year to change the commitee running the comp, but no one puts up there hand except the same guys who do it year after year. if you dont like the way the comps run, then put up ya hand and have a voice, only then will things change..

just an observation.

i agree with you, but unfortunately you would need an entire spill of the board as if only a few are replaced then the older people (who do their best) would probably be the dominant ones in the meeting rooms anyway. I just think they need to relax and think about how the cricket community is today instead of the past, i have heard of there being a few punch ons at games and nothing has happened. I hope they can turn it around but dont have any confidence in that mind but like you said no one else wants to take on a big job to ressserect(sp) it.

its just not cricket;378808 said:

just an observation.

Where are you lads thinking of moving to? Would be a smart decision to move onto bigger and better.

i am wondering when umpires/the association are going to start cracking down on clubs that have "good sport" signs around their clubhouse but do not even blink when it comes to cheating and abusing the players. We played on saturday and suffered from the boundaries being moved quite blatently, the teamsheets disappearing etc. I can deal with that - if they want to cheat (and still get beaten) then thats really quite sad. But then the abuse from lower team members began, including racist comments against some of our non-caucasian players which is unacceptable. what was done by the umpire - nothing.

I am all for a bit of verbal noise, as long as its not personal against the bat. Most of the comments that come out of our teams are taking the pi$$ out of each other. This level of cricket is about enjoyment and playing cricket, not coming off the pitch thinking that your team is going to get lynched by drunk, abusive "spectators" who 1) arent good enough to play for that team 2) play for a club that decides that cheating is acceptable 3) feel that personal abuse on and off the pitch is acceptable and 4) claim that they are a "family" club yet do not act when every other word in the clubhouse appeared to be a swear word, in front of young children.

Feral.

hadenoughofabuse;379167 said:
of course, these are all my own opinions, but i say it as i see it

And you are welocome to those opinions....we all know the comp won't do anything, so name the club here...let the court of public opinion be the judge!!

A.B De Villiers;379103 said:
Where are you lads thinking of moving to? Would be a smart decision to move onto bigger and better.

im not really sure mate, im not on committee anymore, but i do know that they are not happy with alot of whats happened this year

its just not cricket;379238 said:
im not really sure mate, im not on committee anymore, but i do know that they are not happy with alot of whats happened this year

It will take alot to get St Johns away from the churches.....Apparently some a t St Johns called to make the change last year but were howled down.... However if the jungle drums are right the choice might just be taken away from all clubs!! It seems the merger is back on the agenda!!

hadenoughofabuse;379165 said:
i am wondering when umpires/the association are going to start cracking down on clubs that have "good sport" signs around their clubhouse but do not even blink when it comes to cheating and abusing the players. We played on saturday and suffered from the boundaries being moved quite blatently, the teamsheets disappearing etc. I can deal with that - if they want to cheat (and still get beaten) then thats really quite sad. But then the abuse from lower team members began, including racist comments against some of our non-caucasian players which is unacceptable. what was done by the umpire - nothing.

I am all for a bit of verbal noise, as long as its not personal against the bat. Most of the comments that come out of our teams are taking the pi$$ out of each other. This level of cricket is about enjoyment and playing cricket, not coming off the pitch thinking that your team is going to get lynched by drunk, abusive "spectators" who 1) arent good enough to play for that team 2) play for a club that decides that cheating is acceptable 3) feel that personal abuse on and off the pitch is acceptable and 4) claim that they are a "family" club yet do not act when every other word in the clubhouse appeared to be a swear word, in front of young children.

Feral.

I can see where your coming from, we had an incident earlier in this season where there was banter between both sides which is fine, but a certain captain coach of the opposition took upon himself to make it physical, and of course the umpire did nothing. But the umpires must see any incidents to report. Although some make mistakes they are only human and if they were not there who would do the job? other players, so be happy we have umpires as some lower grades dont get them. This same captain coach also wrote on his own club website about one of our lower captains who has played higher, but is getting older, how he made runs against his team and he thought it was weak of that player and not in the spirit of the game, although his lower side is probably playing 1 or 2 grades higher than they should be, its not our players fault they are not up to that standard and have been put in the wrong grade. You dont hear anything coming from him about one of his ex-A grade players taking 32 wickets in 4 matches in a lower grade, but thats his club its ok a bit of double standards i think, anyway good luck to the bloke and a great achivement to get that many wickets in so many games, i think his coach forgets you require older experience players throughout the grades to give experience and help to the younger players around them. Unfortunately this bloke seems to whinge and wine every week about someone or something and maybe he should remember its just game of cricket and should get on with it in the spirit of the game ,as he is losing any respect he had through his own actions.

Oh and they are only my opinions and as the saying goes opinions are like arseholes everyones got one, some bigger than others.......................lol

Ahh two Melton Clubs blueing....nothing new in that!! really it's a sad state of affairs when players are struck by an opposition player and nothing is done....i would love to see some leadership from the clubs in this regard to be honest...why do we always look to the comp to clean our mess?

Roosters Hack -
Not been here for a long time but like to read some of the banter that goes on.

Yes you are correct in saying St Johns may need a bit of T.N.T but i feel they pride themselves on being very loyal to the W.S.U.C.C.A which is thier choice, as they have been affiliated since day dot. A few clubs have decided to move on to other comps feeling it would benifit thier clubs both on and off the field and wish them the best in thier endevours.

Having had to drop Turf grade, the W.S.U.C.C.A has had to try and grade teams as they see fit at the time. This has caused teams and players to play in unsuitable grades. I can understand some clubs not being happy with where they are, but also other clubs find this a challenge which is great on thier behalf.

Good to see you feel the Executive should not have to waste thier time with alot of the behaviour going on this season and should be dealt with inhouse by clubs as they see fit. Very embarrassing for anyone looking from the outside. Seems clubs don't respect thier decision anyway, as if clubs feel hard done by, it seems to end up at the V.M.C.U for appeal anyway.

Pickets - Any comp will have so called 'glory hunters' playing in lower grades. Very hard to police this as they often say they are playing with the kids. Would be o.k if the kids got a fair go, but when these players open the batting/bowling really makes you wonder about thier intensions and as you say 'spirit of cricket'.

As of B.O.M meeting 14-12-09 it has been officially indicated (so no secret) that yes, W.D.C.A & W.S.U.C.C.A have and will meet again to discuss a possible 'come together' with thier associations in the future.
This move i feel would stregthen both comps, for both turf and matting clubs/grades. No doubt alot more meeting/planning etc will be needed to make any decision viable for all concerned.

Anyone got any costructive words on this topic????

Hoping all have a good xmas and freshen up for impending finals in the new-year.

Some well made opinions Need For Speed.

Unfortunatly the Grading this year has made the competativeness amongst clubs non existant. I dont know what much more the Association could have done though. Whether this means clubs will leave or we look at merging with another association is a possibility.

In regards to player behaviour i as well think clubs and captains need to take some leadership on the issue and outline what is and isn't acceptable on the cricket field. My feelings over the past year is that the sledging seems to be getting worse and worse. I think the biggest problem is that a lot of the trouble makers think they're a lot better cricketers than what they are. They get frustrated that they can't do something that their ability doesn't allow them too, so their first action is to abuse the opposing man.

As for the merger discussions regarding the WSUCCA and the WDCA their is still alot of water to go under the bridge for it to happen. It is important that it is not a take over by one comp. I personally believe a merger is the way to go as it will form a very strong comp with possiblty 3 to 4 strong turf grades and 5-6 matting grades. As with all mergers their is alot of emotion and history invlolved, however it is important that both associations look to the future and form a strong partnership to strengthen the level of cricket competition.

Billy Bowden;380753 said:

As for the merger discussions regarding the WSUCCA and the WDCA their is still alot of water to go under the bridge for it to happen. It is important that it is not a take over by one comp. I personally believe a merger is the way to go as it will form a very strong comp with possiblty 3 to 4 strong turf grades and 5-6 matting grades. As with all mergers their is alot of emotion and history invlolved, however it is important that both associations look to the future and form a strong partnership to strengthen the level of cricket competition.

Billy, yep mostly agree with you there....only one slight problem 3-4 turf grades needs alot more wickets, something most if not all Councils will not happily help out in!! Would love it to happen, a strong Western Suburbs based cricket comp that is well run is really what we all want IMO.

NEED FOR SPEED;380723 said:
Roosters Hack -

Good to see you feel the Executive should not have to waste thier time with alot of the behaviour going on this season and should be dealt with inhouse by clubs as they see fit. Very embarrassing for anyone looking from the outside. Seems clubs don't respect thier decision anyway, as if clubs feel hard done by, it seems to end up at the V.M.C.U for appeal anyway.

Not sure this is right Speedy.... the executive is there to make decisions for all clubs and should not be in any way protected from that responsiblity!! If an individual club is not happy with a decision they should ALWAYS have the right to appeal.
I have said it before ...the executive of this compition is wholly responsable for the plight of this comp and having a get out of jail free card in the form of a merger/takeover is only dumb luck really!!

Unfortunatly the Grading this year has made the competativeness amongst clubs non existant. I dont know what much more the Association could have done though. Whether this means clubs will leave or we look at merging with another association is a possibility.

In regards to player behaviour i as well think clubs and captains need to take some leadership on the issue and outline what is and isn't acceptable on the cricket field. My feelings over the past year is that the sledging seems to be getting worse and worse. I think the biggest problem is that a lot of the trouble makers think they're a lot better cricketers than what they are. They get frustrated that they can't do something that their ability doesn't allow them too, so their first action is to abuse the opposing man.

your second opinion on behaviour is the best post i have seen on bigcricket......i jump from forum to forum and stir the pot so to speak where everybody either knows me or at least my name and i thrive on banter(or give out as good as i get)......but your right its the people who dont have the ability on field to walk the walk but they'd rather talk the talk....ive learnt from an early age that its the captians duty to control this or give a little stick to the opposition player/bowler/batsman but when its some other dill thats when it turns ugly........

good stuff;)

While Im happy to be proven wrong Im not sure how a merger between these 2 comps is of great benefit to the WDCA. If Congs who I believe were competitive in A grade Churches last yr cant win a game in B turf WDCA this year it would suggest there is a fair gap in standards. The WDCA has for the last 10 or so yrs had some very good sides, but has had problems with its bottom sides being uncompetitive in A turf. Whilst a merger may increase the size of the comp, it may not improve the standard at the top, which is what the WDCA should be looking for. Its merger/takeover of the old SCA clubs 12 or so yrs ago did have a short term lift in the standard. Unfortunately not many of those sides survived long term.

And as for relying on councils to improve/increase their level of comitment to clubs in relation to help with turf wickets:, forget it, all councils want out of the responsibility, its costly and has little or no votes in it. If councils had their way we would all be playing on hard wickets as they are far more cost effective. Pressure on clubs will increase dramatically in the next 5-10 years to fund the entire cost of turf wickets and all the necessary machinary. And when this happens, see how many clubs are in dire financial trouble, or revert back to hard wicket cricket.

jika jika;380988 said:
[/B]

While Im happy to be proven wrong Im not sure how a merger between these 2 comps is of great benefit to the WDCA. If Congs who I believe were competitive in A grade Churches last yr cant win a game in B turf WDCA this year it would suggest there is a fair gap in standards. The WDCA has for the last 10 or so yrs had some very good sides, but has had problems with its bottom sides being uncompetitive in A turf. Whilst a merger may increase the size of the comp, it may not improve the standard at the top, which is what the WDCA should be looking for. Its merger/takeover of the old SCA clubs 12 or so yrs ago did have a short term lift in the standard. Unfortunately not many of those sides survived long term.

And as for relying on councils to improve/increase their level of comitment to clubs in relation to help with turf wickets:, forget it, all councils want out of the responsibility, its costly and has little or no votes in it. If councils had their way we would all be playing on hard wickets as they are far more cost effective. Pressure on clubs will increase dramatically in the next 5-10 years to fund the entire cost of turf wickets and all the necessary machinary. And when this happens, see how many clubs are in dire financial trouble, or revert back to hard wicket cricket.

Jika, it appears that you have it right again....after the merge of the FCA and SCA alot of clubs went to the wall trying to compete. Totty for instance spent a small fortune and sadly are now gone for good!! As i have already stated councils are less likely to help out now more than ever before...so clubs need to raise more cash to be self reliant.
As for the merge, no doubt it will be more of a takeover as the the churches are down and almost out anyway!! Self inflicted wounds yes, hopefully not fatal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back