Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

We played former churches team St Anthony yesterday in a practice match, good to get a game in match conditions over.

After discussions with a mate after the game, he was told Melton Centrals have lost a few this season and that one of their opening ballers is out for the season.

Can someone confirm if this is true?

We play them in a practice game next Sunday.

Heard a rumor Sunshine Druids D Synthetic will give the competition a real shake up this year. The side is supposedly loaded with 6 A turf players from a MMVCA club and a handful of other rep cricketers. Said to be capable of matching many teams in higher grades. Even a district cricket is going to play a couple of games.

Shaggy_Kingston;181770 said:
Heard a rumor Sunshine Druids D Synthetic will give the competition a real shake up this year. The side is supposedly loaded with 6 A turf players from a MMVCA club and a handful of other rep cricketers. Said to be capable of matching many teams in higher grades. Even a district cricket is going to play a couple of games.
surely cant be true........ name some names if this is true?

Shaggy_Kingston;181770 said:

Why would they bother playing in such a low grade if they supposedly have talent. I know our D grade churches side is mostly under 15 players and a couple of older seniors. I dont know if ld be having fun smacking a bunch of 14 year olds all over the park...

If thats true with the A turf players, they would be much better suited to play in the churches turf comp......

Just a update with the practice game last sunday against Melton centrals. ANA got beaten convincingly, no excuses even with 8 last year premiership players missing from the game, should of gave a better account against Melton Centrals. Guys must learn to value their wicket or A turf in the willi comp will be a long season ahead for ANA.

Melton Centrals should make the Granny in the Churches Turf comp easily.

WDCAcricketer;181828 said:
Why would they bother playing in such a low grade if they supposedly have talent. I know our D grade churches side is mostly under 15 players and a couple of older seniors. I dont know if ld be having fun smacking a bunch of 14 year olds all over the park...

If thats true with the A turf players, they would be much better suited to play in the churches turf comp......

This is probably true but they have moved to new club so they could play with friends from other clubs all in the one team because of this they are playing thirds and D matts is is the division they are in. Do the league relegate/promote teams after the first few rounds?

Shaggy_Kingston;181890 said:
This is probably true but they have moved to new club so they could play with friends from other clubs all in the one team because of this they are playing thirds and D matts is is the division they are in. Do the league relegate/promote teams after the first few rounds?

Yeah a couple of years back, Caroline Springs were to strong for D grade and went up to C grade around rd 3 or so.... I guess depends how much they win by. Not to sure what happens when they dominate also in the grade they get promoted to within a season....

What happens if particular players dominates, will the Selection committee promote the players in question? I know some clubs have a policy you play were your picked or you get suspsended. We had incident where we suspsended a player for refusing to play in the First last season.

WDCAcricketer;181902 said:
Yeah a couple of years back, Caroline Springs were to strong for D grade and went up to C grade around rd 3 or so.... I guess depends how much they win by. Not to sure what happens when they dominate also in the grade they get promoted to within a season....

What happens if particular players dominates, will the Selection committee promote the players in question? I know some clubs have a policy you play were your picked or you get suspsended. We had incident where we suspsended a player for refusing to play in the First last season.

The team has a deal worked out that they dont wanna be split up but if a particular player is being too dominant they might get batted down the order or bowled latter in the innings. They might also just get a string of bad run outs or some dropped catchs:D

Shaggy_Kingston;182029 said:
The team has a deal worked out that they dont wanna be split up but if a particular player is being too dominant they might get batted down the order or bowled latter in the innings. They might also just get a string of bad run outs or some dropped catchs:D

My bet is if the team is that good then they will probably win easily and then go up..... if the calibre of players you are talking about is true then maybe a or b matting would be best suited as D matting wouldnt even be that fun if your smackin around old blokes and young blokes....... but time will tell whether your players are as good as you say they are

I think Melton should win easily this year as our turf side played them yesterday and beat us fairly comfortably. Melton are playing home games at pennell res this year.

borntigerfan;183369 said:
I think Melton should win easily this year as our turf side played them yesterday and beat us fairly comfortably. Melton are playing home games at pennell res this year.

What about St.Johns and Congs do they have a chance of winning in the Turf grade???
Those three would be the contenders for the premiership this year.

wait there!!!;183856 said:
What about St.Johns and Congs do they have a chance of winning in the Turf grade???
Those three would be the contenders for the premiership this year.

Looks like its going to be a Melton Centrals & St Johns Grand Final this year.

Anyone rate the roosters two sides?

WDCAcricketer;186292 said:

I have heard St. John's have lost a few players. The Temby's will carry them of course.
Congs just won on the weekend.

WDCAcricketer;186292 said:

The first roosters side will be competetive but their second side looks like it will lose out right every week.
Congs beat them out right this week and Roosters 1st the week before.:eek:

wait there!!!;190370 said:
The first roosters side will be competetive but their second side looks like it will lose out right every week.
Congs beat them out right this week and Roosters 1st the week before.:eek:

Congs and Centrals are now the favourites for the flag after Congs smashed St. Johns on the weekend......
Congs made 305 in reply St. Johns could only manage 129.:eek:

wait there!!!;193240 said:
Congs and Centrals are now the favourites for the flag after Congs smashed St. Johns on the weekend......
Congs made 305 in reply St. Johns could only manage 129.:eek:

Wait there, finally someone on this site with a bit of common sense. Some of the dribble on here could cure the drought issue we are currently experiencing in this fine state. St Johns have lost a couple of blokes since last year, but they are a good side and they will bounce back no doubt. Grudge match between Congs and Centrals is approaching, you might find out your flag winner then.

Mirrors;193293 said:
Wait there, finally someone on this site with a bit of common sense. Some of the dribble on here could cure the drought issue we are currently experiencing in this fine state. St Johns have lost a couple of blokes since last year, but they are a good side and they will bounce back no doubt. Grudge match between Congs and Centrals is approaching, you might find out your flag winner then.

Mirrors,
I heard earlier that St. Johns had lost a few players, I see you have picked up a few handy cricketers. Melton and you guys are the bench mark from what I hear.@|
Do you play in the churches comp?

wait there!!!;193296 said:
Mirrors,
I heard earlier that St. Johns had lost a few players, I see you have picked up a few handy cricketers. Melton and you guys are the bench mark from what I hear.@|
Do you play in the churches comp?

Yes, they appear to have some handy cricketers on board now, and they have a couple of blokes out through injury. Also, some senior players cant get into the side, they are looking strong.

How would Caroline Springs, Melton South & Altona Sports A grade sides go in the Turf comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back